Need help: Looking for some live blue crab at the market?

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
phino
Seasoned Fisher

Need help: Looking for some live blue crab at the market?

Post by phino »

So i've been craving some blue crab lately and i've called the following places:

- Penn Dutch
- Food Town
- Captain Mike
- Captain Jim
- PK Oriental (Broward and Dade)
and a few others (can't rememebr the name).

I'm looking to get some blue crab tomorrow for the market for dinner. Anyone recommend any fresh seafood market selling live blue crab? Appreciate it very much! Thanks!

I'm going with that old bay seasoning and garlic buttered style. =D
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Need help: Looking for some live blue crab at the market

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Where are you?

Crab Connection in West Palm and Basin Seafood in Port Salerno usually have them.

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Where are you?

Crab Connection in West Palm and Basin Seafood in Port Salerno usually have them.
Hey sorry for late reply, but I'm working in Fort Lauderdale right now and I live around Miramar.

I'm tempted to take a drive there. haha
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

SaltyDog wrote:Delaware Chicken Farm

thanks, i just called them about 15mins ago and they said they hope to have a shipment in today. so will see if i'm lucky enough to get any. the woman did recommend that i reserve some because they sell fast.

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

SaltyDog wrote:
phino wrote:
SaltyDog wrote:Delaware Chicken Farm

thanks, i just called them about 15mins ago and they said they hope to have a shipment in today. so will see if i'm lucky enough to get any. the woman did recommend that i reserve some because they sell fast.
Yea they really do go fast also they are huge! Glad you found some they will have em if they say they will my favorite place to buy meat/seafood/produce.
nice! Thanks again! Are they cash only or no? Never been there before. =) I haven't called yet so I can call and ask them

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

doh had a project come up at work and was unable to get in touch with them, don't know what they close but maybe i'll swing by just to check. if not, there's always a tomorrow. :bounce:

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

Well, they didnt last too long cutting them in halve or quads. Them crabs phino will enjoy

i must agree immediately. =) Going to go ahead and do some cajun style as well as Garlic Butter. :dude:

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”