Blue Crab Cakes

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
chris21
KING MACKEREL

Blue Crab Cakes

Post by chris21 »

hows everyone doing today?? awhile ago I made these incredibly delicious crab cakes that had me and my family in heaven for a few minutes haha :mrgreen:
here's the list of ingredients, regarding the crab meat, the recipe I found suggested 1 pound of store bought crab meat, which in my opinion is frowned upon, I prefer to catch the crabs myself.
1-1.5 pounds of crab meat
8 saltine crackers
1 scrambled egg
2 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 tsp of mustard
1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
dash of salt
2 tbsp of olive oil.
the very first step if you caught the crabs yourself are to extract all the meat out of them, in the claws, body, where ever, completely clean out the crab of its flesh, don not cook it, crabs must be raw when this is done.
next take all the ingredients except the crab meat and grind them in a food processor.
once all the meat has been extracted gently mix the crab meat with the other ingredients in a large bowl and form patties.
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I coated my cakes with bread crumbs to make them a little crispy, this is optional though.
then in a pan, pour in about a cup of olive oil and heat, when oil begins to heat put in the cakes and let them cook. flip from time ti time making sure it cooks evenly on both sides and not burning, after only a few minutes they should be done, delicious! and ready to have a party in your stomach, enjoy!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Blue Crab Cakes

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Thanks for the recipe, looks great. I've never made them with raw crab. All of the crab meat you buy at the store (even in the seafood section) is steam cooked. When I've made them with crabs I caught, I always steamed them first and then once they cooled picked the meat. The hardest part is not eating all the meat while you're picking them, lol. How hard is it to pick the raw meat? From when I cut them in half for bait, the meat looks all gooey and wet, and doesn't look like it would come out easily from the shell.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Some can be difficult to clean but it is easier than you think especially the meat in the claws and arms since it is usually very plump and pulled out when the claw is cracked perfectly. The meat in the body is also easily extracted but i guess to make it even easier it wouldnt hurt to breifly steam them to make the meat a little tougher, but thanks for the kind words, the lovely flavor is definitely worth picking out the crab meat even though it may take awhile

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

jettypark28 wrote:DAMN YOU... there goes my diet :mrgreen:
and i also never done it with raw crab... now i know what i'm
doing this weekend..... thanks

:toast:
hahaha you got it!! :thumright:

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”