Cedar Plank Fish

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Cedar Plank Fish

Post by ringonose »

I've been meaning to post this for quite some time, I'm not going to get too specific with a recipe other than to say that cooking fish on a wood plank (cedar, maple, oak) is amazing. For those who like to have their fish prepared in different ways other than just frying with bread crumbs, you really gotta try this. Here are a few very important tips: make sure you SOAK the wood plank for more than a few hours. I suggest even marinading the plank with whatever you marinate your fish or meat, so when the fish cooks through, the smoke of the marinate comes through the wood. Drizzle the plank with some olive oil to make sure your fish doesn't stick to it, and make sure not to burn the plank, do not use excessive heat. This cooking method has to be done on a grill, the more smoke the better. You will be amazed at the various aromas and flavors that come out using a cedar plank. Season the fish however you want to your own liking, use fish like Salmon, Mac's, Amberjack, Flounder and Bluefish all work well, but feel free to try any Snapper or Grouper, Hogfish, etc. Oily fish usually turn out better using a wood plank. You can get these planks at the supermarket, or, use your own wood and make sure it's not full of bugs or rotten. ENJOY! :toast:
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Re: Cedar Plank Fish

Post by sepaik »

Got to try it! :dude:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”