bluefish with Asian rice & noodles

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
chris21
KING MACKEREL

bluefish with Asian rice & noodles

Post by chris21 »

now in South Florida with the cold water bringing in our annual run of bluefish we can easily catch some for shark bait or in this case dinner!! :mrgreen: here is my recipe for Asian style bluefish with noodles, spent an hour in publix walking through every aisle for inspiration to this recipe, I did not get this online, made it on my own, enjoy!!!

Ingredients: bottle of teriyaki sauce, rice, 3 tbsp sesame seeds, Chinese Lo Mein noodles, 3 tbsp fried rice seasoning mix, small box of sliced mushrooms, and bluefish fillets (boneless and skinless) or whatever other fish your heart desires :mrgreen:

here is my bluefish
fillet the bluefish on both sides and be sure to remove all bones, skin the fillets as well. after skinning and filleting cut out the dark red meat in the middle of the fillet.
here are my boneless and skinless fillets ready for the pan.
next cut the fillets in about 2 inch chunks so it mixes evenly with the noodles later.
add the bluefish chunks, mushrooms, and sesame seeds into a large fry pan and add the teriyaki sauce to allow it to cook into the fish and mushrooms. in a separate pot boil some water and throw in the Chinese noodles. boil for about 10 minutes then add noodles to the fry pan with the fish and other ingredients. have some cooked rice ready in a rice cooker or pot. add plenty of rice into the pan with all the ingredients and pour more teriyaki sauce to mix up with the rice and add moisture and flavor. the end result should look like this!! serves about 3 people, enjoy my delicious recipe!! :chef: :chef: :chef:
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

bigseank22
Seasoned Fisher

Re: bluefish with Asian rice & noodles

Post by bigseank22 »

you need to gut and bleed them in order to eat right? unless your eating them really quickly

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

bigseank22 wrote:you need to gut and bleed them in order to eat right? unless your eating them really quickly
Yes, gut and bleed recommended, then on some ice
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Looks good Chris.
Bleeding them makes them taste much better IMO, although i never gut them though.
I usually just make a cut at the gills and that gets them bleeding.

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”