Pan Fried Snapper With Soy Sauce

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
fisherdave
Weekend Warrior

Pan Fried Snapper With Soy Sauce

Post by fisherdave »

This dish is very simple and tastes very good. Scaled the snapper and cut 3 slits on each side. You can use any kind of fish or fillets of your choice. It’s the same procedure. First, dust some flour on the outside of the fish. Heat the wok or pan very hot, pour enough oil for pan fry. In the mean time, minced a couple of garlic and sliced some ginger. Sauce for the fish, 4 to 5 table spoons of lite soy sauce (I prefer the Lee Kum Kee’s soy sauce for seafood, you can get this in any Chinese grocery store), 1 tea spoon of sugar, 1 tea spoon of sesame oil, 2 table spoons of oyster sauce and 3 to 4 table spoons of water. Mix them together and set aside. Pan fried the fish until golden brown from both sides. You can also fry the fish if you like. Take out the fish and drain on paper towels. Leave some oil on the pan and pour the garlic and ginger in and stir fried for a couple of minutes. Then add the fish sauce, put the fish in again. Flip the fish a couple of times so that the whole fish has sauce on it. Add a table spoon of corn starch for thickening. After that, place the fish on the plate and eat. :chef:

killula
KING MACKEREL

Re: Pan Fried Snapper With Soy Sauce

Post by killula »

This is one of my favorite dishes, you can also squeeze a little citrus on it, or add a tablespoon of ketchup, I make this dish a little different each time to experiment, and add variety to the flavors. This is best used for smaller size snapper id recommend 4lbs and smaller, you might have to slice more then 3 grooves in the fillets to make sure it cooks evenly. The secret to any dish is to just cook it enough and not over cook it or over season it. You can add some crushed up chili pepper to it as well if you like it spicy.

PS: scaling fish sucks but if you have to do it, do it in a 5 gallon bucket filled half way with water. And use a scaler not a blade. Makes it a lot easier.

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by westcoast »

my kind of meal! thanks for the recipe
California-Florida fisherman

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Looks great and easy, I think I'll try it tonight with some yellowtail.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

killula wrote:PS: scaling fish sucks but if you have to do it, do it in a 5 gallon bucket filled half way with water. And use a scaler not a blade. Makes it a lot easier.
Hmmm. I may try that.
Are you still living in Orlando. That reel you are selling is tempting me but other expenses keep butting in front of it. The caluctta I got from you still gets muttons and how many years ago was that?
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

killula
KING MACKEREL

Post by killula »

3 years, I told you it was good as new. This accurate is twice as powerful and every bit smoother then the old calcutta, can handle big grouper as well. I just like saltiga star drags better because I like star drags. I own a 40 and want a 30T or a back up 40.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Damn 3 years! Time flies
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”