Palm Beach Headboat

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
Jon
Fisher

Palm Beach Headboat

Post by Jon »

I'll be staying in Palm Beach the last week of May. It's my first time in this part of FL and I'd like to take my son (6 year old) out on a half day headboat trip. We fish alot at home, but our salt experience is limited to vacations. I'd like some input from you all on selecting the boat, bait, and tackle. I know that most boats supply rods and dead bait, but if it's better to bring my own I will. I've got a throw net, so I can catch my own bait with a little help (where to go?). I seen one site that wanted $30 to $60 extra for live bait and I can't handle that. I'll keep checking this post until we headout in May, so if you read it late don't hesitate to chime in.

Jon
Fisher

Fort Pierce

Post by Jon »

I was told wrong, the condo we were given is in Fort Pierce/N. Hutchison
Island not Palm Beach. This is fine with me. I don't exactly fit in with most of the wealthy. Anyway same question, different place.

Since posting the first time, I did a search and found a few head boats. The Captain Lew out of Ft. Pierce, The Lady Stuart out of Jensen Beach, and The Blue Heron down in Jupiter. If someone knows of any others in the Ft. Pierce area please jump in. Or if anyone has been on one of these boats, I'd like to hear from you, good, bad, or ugly.

I've only been on one head boat before, and all anyone was catching were 12" sea bass. But that was in Myrtle Beach, and that's why I thought about taking my 6 year old son. What would you expect to be catching on one of them in late May/early June? I would love to think we would be on some drag screamers of some kind. . . . . . If that were the case I'd take the 6 year old croaker and pin fishin' off a pier instead.

I'm also interested in any piers, bridges, or just good access points that are nearby (10 min.).

What do you typically catch insore in that area May/June?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”