Yankee Capts July 2017 Trip - reservations

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Yankee Capts July 2017 Trip - reservations

Post by cudaman »

Alright people! It's time to start planning for the next one!

The date will be July 6th to July 9th 2017. Boat departs at 8pm and comes back by noon on Sunday just like this year. Serious answers please. Sorry if you cannot make it. No worries, once this trip is done we can plan another. You might regret not fishing on this trip.

The Cost is $570 per person. Capped at 19. This is still an awesome price!
Don't forget to save for the tip 15% to 20% is good, you can expect very hard working mates that do not fish during the trip.

I will need your deposits by October 15th 2016. Deposit is $300 the rest I will need it by June 17th 2017. You can pay the trip in full if you wish to do so.

PM on this site is very limited so please email me at the email below for my paypal information or we can arrange to meet on any weekend at Anglins pier. Paypal gift please if not then add 4%. Please ensure to write your name, spot preferred, and bunk preferred. First Come First served. If you were on the previous trip please choose the same bunk you had. You pay deposit first, you choose first. Once all that say that will go have paid deposits, I will open the trip to others.

mullerherbert

@

hot mail.com

I understand that sometime people have emergencies and might need to cancel. I will allow cancellations until May 30th. This will give me time to look for a replacement. If you need to cancel after May then you will need to find your own replacement or you will loose your deposit.

Plan A: Where? Pulley Ridge, grouper fishing, snapper and Tuna hunting, this is not a deep drop trip.
Plan B: If winds do not cooperate during that week we will fish in Dry Tortugas

If by now some have not gotten it yet:
This is just like any Party Boat drifting; Using about 10 ounces with bait. Braid is best to drift. You need at least 300 yards of 50lb braid or 60lb braid.
If you want to vertical jig like I will, this is an amazing opportunity to do so. There are no big rocks or wholes for the grouper to rock you. If I am not mistaken, it's mostly limestone plains and sandy bottom.
There are plenty quality fish here and all will get a chance at some trophy fish.
Sharks and yellow tails are not a problem here. So if you get a bite bring it in with confidence.

Here is additional info:
The boat has gear rentals for $20, the hooks and leader are free to use while on the trip (Shimano 20/40 TLD reel with a 8 foot mutton rod filled with 50 lb. High Seas mono)

By the way the boat has AC and the head is by the transom on both sides behind the Galley. One of them has a shower.
If you do not like heat, you can fish during the night and sleep at noon's hot hour.
You do not have to worry about the heat so much. Just make sure you hydrate and drink less beer.
You can bring your 100 qt coolers and fill them with ice for your drinks and extra food. You can bring a bait cooler. The boat provides squid.
Here is the boat food menu (we can purchase meal tickets only if all will get them) http://www.yankeecapts.com/galley.php

1.) Gear? A heavy mutton rod works fine. Pier rods, bridge rods will work. Reels with low 4:1 gear are great 6:1 gear will also work but are not best. Look here for additional recommendations:

Minimum Gear
- 2 bottom rods and 1 top water rod would be the minimum you should take.
- 25 of each: 3/0, 5/0, 7/0 hooks
- file to sharpen hooks
- Wire for Kingfish rigs (to catch tunas or wahoo at night)
- 20 #1 Barrel Swivels
- 30 lb. And 50 lb Leader material
- 10 each 8 ounce and 10 ounce egg sinkers
- 2 12 ounce and two 16 ounce bank sinkers

Look for more at the Yankee Capts site: http://www.yankeecapts.com/tackle.php
Fishingfool recommends to read: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8540&start=160&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=florida+fish+finder+forum+trip
My blogs has some recommendations also but I usually overdo it, so cut amounts in half. http://cudamanadventures.com/fishing-in ... ugestions/

2.) I recommend you sleep on the way out, in between moves, right after the morning bite until noon hours, and on the way back.

3.) Bait, any oily bait will work, as PhishingPhanatic suggested fresh bait is key, no need for gogs, but it's always good to bring some. Kingfish and macks store well in the freezer (wrap them in cellophane). They work great.

4.) Trolling is allowed, but the boat will not stop for dinks. I suggest the biggest and strongest reel you may have.

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Yankee Capts July 2017 Trip - reservations

Post by ilovefishing »

Put me down for same bunk and rail spot as this year.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Yea I'm in for the same spot/bunk Herbert.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Great Job Herbert
Just one more person...

Put me down for the same bunker (B35 ) and spot...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Im in...and I dont believe Jarred will be going. If not, I will take his spot. If Rory goes on this trip give him rare's old spot.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Cool deal guys :toast: :toast: :toast:

:reeling: :reeling:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I am in same spot same bunk.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Rare wrote:Im in...and I dont believe Jarred will be going. If not, I will take his spot. If Rory goes on this trip give him rare's old spot.

Deal!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

put me down please ill do my best
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

dredale7
Fisher

Post by dredale7 »

Put me down for 2 with the same bunks as last time

fasted1500
Weekend Warrior

Post by fasted1500 »

I am down! Same rail spot bunk B14 or B23 if available.

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

Count me in and as close as possible to Bow.

dredale7
Fisher

Post by dredale7 »

My buddy won't be able to make it, so keep me in bunk b 13

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I'm in Herb. Put me next to kblue if possible. Or put me on the waiting list if everybody re-ups. (tommy (tommy (tommy if I die during the year I'm willing da ticket to 456
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote: (tommy (tommy (tommy if I die during the year I'm willing da ticket to 456

I rather see that wonka ticket goes to someone else that just really loves these trip! (tommy

Well, now...Rumor has it if the tide is just right we might get another visitor if he doesnt turn green from the sea that is.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

How sweet would that be? I did think of him immediately when Herb said Plan B is the dry tortugas!!!!!! That's gotta be bucket list
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote:That's gotta be bucket list
Sounds like this trip is a AARP "special." Pat you coming again?

Hey, xtremeh18...what ya waiting for? Plenty of time to get ready for this trip. Get on the waiting list....This group is a swell bunch i tell ya and 1 reason it has the same guys signing up again.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:I'm in Herb. Put me next to kblue if possible. Or put me on the waiting list if everybody re-ups. (tommy (tommy (tommy if I die during the year I'm willing da ticket to 456
Awesome :cheers:
Spots next to me are for jigging only...so you have to jig...
dredale7 wrote:My buddy won't be able to make it, so keep me in bunk b 13
Here is your spot.

BTW, my eye on you when you untangle my line... (tommy

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Any spot is fine with me, it's not the gear or the spot it's the man
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Thanks Phil......now I'm going to have to carry that thought around for an entire year. Thought this was "stupid" fishing.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

kblue wrote:BTW, my eye on you when you untangle my line... (tommy
That's like watching the seagull beak when you're taking the hook out of its wing.......much faster than the human eye. You're gonna think the knot you just tied somehow dissolved and the jig fell off on the deck. Bring lots of your favorites (tommy (tommy (tommy

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:
kblue wrote:BTW, my eye on you when you untangle my line... (tommy
That's like watching the seagull beak when you're taking the hook out of its wing.......much faster than the human eye. You're gonna think the knot you just tied somehow dissolved and the jig fell off on the deck. Bring lots of your favorites (tommy (tommy (tommy
I am sure you develop that skill when you fish pompano at dania... I am also quick learner...lol

BTW, next rare is the best spot... :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Next to Rare is not the best spot but we do have a nice rotation and understanding when we work it...Yes, Kblue has to be told a few times to move cause his bait/jig is now at the stern but that okay as long as he doesnt make a ball of rainbow.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Thanks Phil......now I'm going to have to carry that thought around for an entire year. Thought this was "stupid" fishing.
No, it is not the man(nor expensive Japaneae $35 jig)... It is true south Florida secret...
I learned from the man who always catches big fishes for past two trips...
A special bait code called bacon and cheeseburger...
To access the detail, top secret clearance is required...
muttons and grouper went crazy as soon as it dropped...

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Rare wrote:
Hey, xtremeh18...what ya waiting for? Plenty of time to get ready for this trip. Get on the waiting list....This group is a swell bunch i tell ya and 1 reason it has the same guys signing up again.
I hear you Rare, from the past pics and description of this one, sounds like another great trip. I would love to fish with all you guys. I have a busy year coming up but if I get the chance I'll join you guys.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Nothing wrong in getting on the waiting list. Got to catch these smelly fish before you have "bacalao" for eternal life. :thumright:

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Rare wrote:Im in...and I dont believe Jarred will be going. If not, I will take his spot. If Rory goes on this trip give him rare's old spot.
my friend Jared will be taking Jarreds spot. tx

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

HJared wrote:my friend Jared will be taking Jarreds spot. tx
As long as he has colorful styling outfit like a peacock he is friends of the group. Come to think of it thats a really bad example using the peacock bird with them boys only on the boat. Either way, good to see you back from fighting the Zika virus. You just made KOTS very proud that you are going....he txted me to look at this thread. He was talking about putting you on up on a high chair and dancing to some Jewberish music through the night. Congrats on the new work!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I'm in
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Mjs799
Fisher

Post by Mjs799 »

Email sent

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”