Yankee Capts July 2017 Trip - reservations

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
Rare
SHARKER

Re: Yankee Capts July 2017 Trip - reservations

Post by Rare »

No problem, PB :toast:

Herb will give his report. But.......................................................

Congrats to our very own, Miami_Chris for bring this black grouper that should be in the 50lb range. My scale tops out at 40 lbs.
Slow start but if you stuck to fishing, towards the end you made your fish box filled with fish. Also, to Rob from NC for bring in another big black grouper!

Master Chef, Chad! This trip had me full! The dishes he made were nothing but amazing. Hell with your cold cuts, and whatever else you used to bring when you can have a full meal and then some. Stop bring extra coolers with crap that you bought that is sure to be wasted or not eaten and let him do what he does best! Thanks, Chad!

Capt. Greg. Thanks for chasing the fish and pushing forward to make sure we get our fish! :toast: :toast: a top operation you run and you have being doing it for so long for a reason! The ice house....... :patriot:

The mates! Always making sure that you are tangle free and making your trip a fun one. Listen to them and you will also catch fish!

To the boatless members and the 360 crew....that dysfunctional family that is what you are and will not trade ya in. 2 bottle of rum gone faster then you can pour them out. A special thanks to bow pulpit crew!!!

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Another fun trip! I lost my poop when that big black came up, I kept thinking I was hooked into a big jack. I'll let Herbert do his report, but want to say thanks to him for putting these trips together the last few years, I am sure it can be a pain in the ass. Also to the Yankee Capts, this was my third trip with them, and this trips crew is the best I have experienced with them. I brought abunch of food to eat and didn't bother because Chad the cook killed it, it seriously was THAT good.

Always a blast hanging with the boatless dudes, and the Carolina guys from 360 were awesome.

Not sleeping and spending time at the rail is what gets you fish on these trips. One guy on this trip kept "waiting for the fish to start biting". You won't know if the fish are biting if you are sleeping and not fishing! Had a blast, and looking forward to the next one! Here are some pics I have

Me and Imrans catch

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

As always it was a pleasure fishing with all of you and can't wait till next year. I just hope it will be on or near a new moon.

A big thanks to Captain Greg for allowing us to fish more on the way back home. Those last stops put a lot of fish in my cooler and can imagine that it did so an many other coolers.

Congrats to all the winners! I think these are the names or maybe I had a few shots or rum I should not have had on the way in.

1st Most Snappers, groupers, and Blackfin Tunas combined – sponsored by Osage
Benthos, Braid Slim Swim jig, Braid Hammer jig, Braid Fintail jig, Williamson Versatile, Hammered Sardine, OTI Wombat, High Country Knife
Winner was Victor

2nd place most Mutton Snappers, Groupers, and Blackfin Tunas combined - sponsored by Osage
Braid Super Deep, Williamson Abiss, Williamson Vortex, Williamson Vortex, OTI Wombat, High Country Knife
Winner was Miami Chris

3rd place most Mutton Snappers, Groupers & Blackfin Tunas combined - sponsored by Osage
Williamson Benthos, Braid Hammer, Gypsy Jig, OTI Wombat, High Country Knife
Winner was Chris A

Heaviest Fish caught on Jig – Sponsored by shoreboundAdventures.com and H4L Jigs
Jig pack from H4Ljigs.com and a bottle of Flor de Caña Rum
Winner was little Chris

Heaviest Blackfin Tuna – sponsored by Osage
Browning knife, Yo-Zuri Christal 3d 6", Yo-Zuri Christal 3d 3", Yo-Zuri Christal 3d 4", Benthos jig, OTI Goanna
Winner was William

Heaviest Mutton Snapper – Sponsored by Capt. Rare and Osage
Cuban Rum, Cigars, Rick's Reel Service (This will be for a single spinner or conventional reel for the basic $38.00 max.)
Winner was Alex

First Wahoo caught (Troll included) – sponsored by Osage
Pakula Hybrid Skooner, Braid Tantrum 11", Braid Tantrum 9.5", Yo-zuri Deep Diver
No one won, stays in a bag until next tourney

First Mutton Snapper caught – Sponsored by shoreboundAdventures.com
40 lb test Flouro leader, Circle hooks
Won by Daniel

First Grouper Caught -
Small jig pack
Won by Imram

Raffle and or Give Aways - sponsored by Osage, ShoreboundAdventures, H4L Jigs and Jigging Depot
Knives, Jigs, assorted items were given away during our second floor orientation
Worst luck – sponsored by Osage
Scratch off ticket (replaced with a Cabela's giftcard), Turkey Mouth call, Pair of socks, Trail Tacks
Won by Mario

The most unique fish on the trip gets a special rod that is tied in with the first trip!!!!– Sponsored by Capt. Rare
Won by Jongsoo with the Long Tail Bass

Mjs799
Fisher

Post by Mjs799 »

Im still trying to figure how to use the turkey mouthcall.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Mjs799 wrote:Im still trying to figure how to use the turkey mouthcall.
LOL, no worries I still have one more for next year. I just hope someone else will get it.

Working on the report. Almost done guys.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

cudaman wrote: The most unique fish on the trip gets a special rod that is tied in with the first trip!!!!– Sponsored by Capt. Rare
Won by Jongsoo with the Long Tail Bass
21inch longtail bass.png
21" longtail bass on 500g jig about 450ft water... The mate Brian was so excited... He told me many time" you can't keep the fish and I have to release the fish"... I gave this fish to my pastor... The fish was too pretty to eat...

This rod is so special to all of us... Thank You Capt Rare...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

very nice Grouper miami Chris :toast:

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”