Reward today

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Reward today

Post by baseball4life702 »

Needed some jigging practice and to hear the sound of my drag scream. Got out there hooked up to something big on the first spot but it spot the hook midway through the fight can't thought I forced hooked something but the assist Hook was all chewed up so likely a king or cuda. Also got a hit trolling a jig on the way in but no luck. The boat got a 10lb dolphin on a free lined hoo and a nice mutton was caught and one small almaco jack. No dinner for me but I I popped my jigging cherry and am ready for my wreck trip next week.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Reward today

Post by clarence2society »

ill add to this with fish city pride in pompano..

drift trip.... i tried 1 3 and 6 ounce and had two live dj's, also threw down a couple small grunt i had pulled up and nothing,....not even a fight today.... seems to be happening a lot... we got some tail that was barely legal..... haha see what i did there..? and i got a small vermie and a couple grunts....saw one king come up(forgot bout that)....and one mutton the guy said was 1/16 of an inch short.... lmao. really 1/16 haha otherwise very quiet but i must say the drive home and on the boat what a beautiful sky and day out.. hotter than hell but great in some shade..... oh yeah i caught th only 3 grunts today and i didnt think and said im the grunt king baby.. then i realized the words i uttered and changed it to... GRUNT PRINCE!!!

im bout to crash i may get up super early and give it one more try tomorrow morning on fish city... just that four hour trip goes by too fast... or maybe ill camp at anglins for the day.. i know itll be dead most likely but i miss the crew.. and thats half the fun of fishing...

im going to give fishin a rest for a couple weeks. get my house in order and finish repairs etc....and move in fully then when hotel prices go down im gettin a room from tues night til fri and staying in islamorada for a full three days to fish.... so if anyone is up for meeting up ill be there...im looking at the dates of 6/16 -619... ill head down tues night after work if i can make it by 10 and check in...and get settled in and be rdy to fish very early wed morning...prob leave late afternoon friday..... we could make a boatless trip of this too. hotels will be cheap and i always miss the meets and fishing trips.... is anyone up for it??? ill repost this in another section later see if we can get a thing going... would love to fish with some of you guys and drank some beers shoot the poop...wait that doesnt sound right..... chew the fat. haha

if anyone is interested let me know and ill start a thread for a june bridge trip.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

man i did pretty good tonight 2 limits of grovers got bout an 80lb poon and a snook
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Nighttime is a different ballgame lol you know that... In the bay or Oceanside?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Clarence how was the current on your trip? south where I was we couldn't use anything under 6oz to even skip the bottom lol using 3 :scold: and we were drifting north crazy fast and spent a lot of time resetting our drift because of it. A lil rough out too these sporadic white caps would come through and knock the boat every 15min lol

And hotels will not necessarily be cheap in June, summer months have started already and they usually raise rates just cuz it's summer... Their will be vacancy though and I'm not speaking of mom and pop places just ones with popular names..

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

nah i got two or three places that drop rates june 15 til whenever.... and yeah current was pulling pretty good i was droppin 6 oz and i would hit bottom but drift toward back of boat every drop......crossed ppl up a couple times....we reset like 6 times. i think we shoulda moved more but we didnt... i think 40 to 50 feet woulda been more productive than the 125 we were at m,ost of the trip

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea I think shallower would have been better for us too. Or if we just stayed in the first spot the moves for us killed it.. 3 fish at spot one and for the next 2 or 3 spots only that dolphin which was just luck cuz he was by himself ... The mutton came up just as we were about to leave spot one and the capt should have said well we stay here a lil longer but either he was just making bad judgements or didn't want to fish that spot out for the next trips.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”