Gulfstream new hours

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
big red
Seasoned Fisher

Gulfstream new hours

Post by big red »

Gulfstream new hours starting May 1 ~ 7:30am to 2:30pm

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: Gulfstream new hours

Post by HJared »

Is the boat fixed yet. A couple weeks ago chan was trying to put the engine together

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Who did you hear this from? Since they never left at 8:30 to begin with it seems weird chan would move it back another hour, and thats gonna kill a lot of the business of people coming from Miami

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Why why why why why why why the hours were perfect
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

cantseeme47 wrote:Why why why why why why why the hours were perfect
Tell me about it, I'm so pissed that why I thought at first it couldn't be true but I guess chan feels somehow those hours are better but I'm not seeing it.

big red
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big red »

If the weatherman are correct,the wind should die down tomorrow( Wednesday ).
So I am going down to the Keys and give them a shot,I want my Grouper. lol

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

im shootign for thurs mornin... if i can get all my chit together

jvor24
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jvor24 »

It's because of the issues with the boat engine. They want to get out earlier to spots before other boats I work on another boat and they got to a couple of nice grouper spots before us the 1st and the 2nd.
Hi im jvor24 and im an addict

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

and grouper is what i want

hey guys. i wanna get some fresh bait before i get on board any suggestions for grouper baits?? i was thinkin of getting hoos at ricks but they didnt have em last week.... what about bad's for fresh hoos?? and where is bads compared to the boat.. ive never been in gulfstream

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

jvor24 wrote:
It's because of the issues with the boat engine. They want to get out earlier to spots before other boats I work on another boat and they got to a couple of nice grouper spots before us the 1st and the 2nd.
I have never seen anyother party boat within the naked eye distance of Gulfstream, there is only one other party boat in the area anyways which is sailors choice and I hope you don't work there cuz they don't go anywhere near where gulfstream goes. So I doubt it's about beating others to spots. I would have to say chan has the best spots of any party boat captian anyways... Yes the engine is very troublesome for chan but If the boat goes slower than it used to I doubt he'd go out at all...Other people on your spots is part of fishing and if you have to change your hours because of that maybe it's time to switch profession lol

And Clarence bad,s is right near by I think its before the boat on the right hand side headed south heard good of them but I use yellow bait house always fresh solid hoo's in an ice slush cooler... I think that bad'a and yellow are like across the street from each other thou

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yeah i mapped it a bit ago i love yellow also.. and the fresh hoos.... so how far out does gulfstream go??? and actual fishing time?

i was gonna bring two conv and two spinners.... should i bring anything jig wise or lures for kings or mahi or cobia?? i have flarehawks in my backpack... thought those would work on cobes or mahi in a frenzy........ not sure ive never gone out on gulfstream so

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Old hours sucked I have no clue why you two liked them. You catch rush hour coming and going.By time you get out morning bite is done. If these new hours are for real I will start taking the boat out again.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I do not know how long they stay out on the water now with hour changes, but I can tell you before we used to leave at 9:00-9:15 (always left late by at least 30+min) and be back between 4:30-5. Since grouper season opened I'm also not sure how far out he's going but last I went in like February for yellow tails he's usually from 115-130 feet. I would forget about Cobia it's getting toward end of season and never seen one boated when I go season or not.
As for kings and mahi they should be around but prob not deep enough for the mahi and I would bring a jig setup for the kings and whatnot.
I only bring one conventional but that's just me. And in a frenzy I would be throwing chunks or plugs not anything with a jig head on it unless the frenzy is like <50 feet down.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

fishnfool73 wrote:Old hours sucked I have no clue why you two liked them. You catch rush hour coming and going.By time you get out morning bite is done. If these new hours are for real I will start taking the boat out again.
Are you kidding me, yes you catch rush hour going back north after but on the way down there is no rush hour at that old time and anyways there is no such thing as rush hour going south in the AM I do it every day keys or not and southbound is always clear. The bite never seemed to be done when I got out there but i wouldn't put a time on it unless you are trolling which I wouldn't be specifically going on a party boat for. I have to admit I hated leaving 30-1hr late though that f**ed things up.
Not knocking you for like the new hours but those excuses are lame. Fish bite all day no matter what anybody wants to say.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

fishnfool73 wrote:Old hours sucked I have no clue why you two liked them. You catch rush hour coming and going.By time you get out morning bite is done. If these new hours are for real I will start taking the boat out again.
Trip hours were changed to keep at least some of the Miami guys home from a very reliable source on the boat. (tommy

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Rare wrote:
Trip hours were changed to keep at least some of the Miami guys home from a very reliable source on the boat. (tommy
:stupid: Now this man knows what he's talking about!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I stand corrected 1 Cobia caught aboard landh charters out of key biscayne in miami maybe you gotta chance.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I will bow to your superior knowledge on fish biting all day. Share some pictures of your catches
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I think I already uploaded a pic under the dade county forum of a couple jacks I caught a few weeks ago at blackpoint midday like 12-1 pm and I have also uploaded many pics of my gulfstream trips that have yellowtail, grouper and tiggerfish that we caught midday on the gulfstream well after the morning bite times with two members on this forum, listen I'm not professing you can catch your limit midday but fish do not stop eating just as I do not, if I'm hungyr I do get a Goddam snack just like the fish. And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

baseball4life702 wrote: And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?
I will say....

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Listen rare I'm not talking about the captains that constantly take tourist googans. There are many captains that pride themselves on who they take and what they catch obvious let the low end guys and most crapy party boats come back with nothing but then again I have still managed fish on a shitty afternoon drift..... Is the infamous rare telling me he had never caught anything during the afternoon? man you need to get out more.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

baseball4life702 wrote:Listen rare I'm not talking about the captains that constantly take tourist googans. There are many captains that pride themselves on who they take and what they catch obvious let the low end guys and most crapy party boats come back with nothing but then again I have still managed fish on a shitty afternoon drift..... Is the infamous rare telling me he had never caught anything during the afternoon? man you need to get out more.

Oh, you were not talking about them capts.... Got ya! Maybe you can take me out fishing with you?
And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Never said I was a captian did I? However if your interested in lobster when the season opens id be glad to show you the ropes googan... But I tell you what, you provide the boat and I will take you out no promises but as long as we don't sink might put you on a fish or two.
I'm not seeing the humor in you bold lettering I guarantee you could catch fish on both a low end party boat in the afternoon and a high end charter boat in the afternoon.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

baseball4life702 wrote:Never said I was a captian did I? However if your interested in lobster when the season opens id be glad to show you the ropes googan... But I tell you what, you provide the boat and I will take you out no promises but as long as we don't sink might put you on a fish or two
You have some kind of issues when you write and how you respond.

First, I wasnt calling you a capt... You said
Listen rare I'm not talking about the captains
so i wrote,
oh, you were not talking about them capts
But in fact you said low end capt as well...I was responding to your question.

You want to show me the ropes for lobster....lol! And you are gonna show me how to catch fish. What kind of fish are we talking about here if you dont mind me asking.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Now before you reply again. Go outside take a deep breath & come back and see if you make sense on what you are talking about. Oh, one more things.....find where i said you cant catch fish in the afternoon....... (tommy

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yes I will show you the ropes, you'll be back on dry land so quick you won't even know what happened...What kind of fish do you want? I didn't say I'd teach you to catch thats on you I said I may put you on a fish or two and i have a grouper and yellow tail spot and maybey my mutton hole still exists but I doubt it, I'd have to be dumb to forget the triggers and if your feeling like crossing to the dark side we could spear some hogs on the way in. Your right you didn't say you couldn't but you did call me out for taking you out fishing so here's my deep breath

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Glad you are feeling better.....

If we are talking about grouper- I hope we are not talking about red grouper, right? I send them back down or give them away. No care for yellow tail either. Tiggerfish -, nope. Dont care for spearing hogs either. I said "Maybe" you can take me out fishing with you.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Personally I'd prefer if they left at 5 or 6am so we'd get out there for sunrise.

There is always a sunrise bite doesn't matter if fishing boat or land

In my experience the afternoon bite the last 2 hours before sunset. Since in the summer the sun sets late, the gulfstream hours of 230 vs being in, you miss the afternoon anyway

Do red grouper not taste as good in ur opinion or just small?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

HJared wrote:
They are big in the head and dont fight; anyone can bring them up. They are nuisance of the sea & get in the way of the other grouper we are targeting.. The bigs one taste like poop, small one's are fine. They hit anything and everything- If thats what's hitting then thats what i will get to share with others or give them away.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

HJared wrote:Personally I'd prefer if they left at 5 or 6am so we'd get out there for sunrise.

There is always a sunrise bite doesn't matter if fishing boat or land

In my experience the afternoon bite the last 2 hours before sunset. Since in the summer the sun sets late, the gulfstream hours of 230 vs being in, you miss the afternoon anyway

obviously there is a morning and night bite but it's not like the fish vanish in the afternoon ...If 2:30 isn't the afternoon I must be on another planet lol from my experiences morning bite ends around 11-12 when it gets super hot. I guess hours are just bad for my lifestyle not fishing lol

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”