Gulfstream today

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Gulfstream today

Post by baseball4life702 »

Tails and triggers were absolutely slayed today.
Aside from our pictures everybody else went home with equal or more... The grouper was caught on the troll on the way out on a size 6-8 x-rap wasn't caught by us though and went back in... Someone also caught a Spanish hog, a first time sight for me. And also one king was caught by a mate that was fishing and murdering the tails but I'm not sure if he was actually working today...fluff actually did a lot of work today I was impressed.. Good day overall except for 2 break offs for each of us near the end
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Gulfstream today

Post by permitchaser »

you caught all those triggers ?very nice report btw :toast:
they love squid....one of my favorites fish to eat.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

nice work how was the current ripping or nah?
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

those triggers are great in ceviche. you just need a chainsaw to get in their skin

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

HJared wrote:those triggers are great in ceviche. you just need a chainsaw to get in their skin
lol there is a trick a box cutter or a very sharp fillet knife ,then you pull the skin with pliers, I do it with my hand .

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

permitchaser wrote:
HJared wrote:those triggers are great in ceviche. you just need a chainsaw to get in their skin
lol there is a trick a box cutter or a very sharp fillet knife ,then you pull the skin with pliers, I do it with my hand .
ill have to try that next time

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Saltydoug caught the triggers and I caught the tails funny how that worked out lol the triggers were all over I think I got broke off by 2 at the end you could even see them upper water column feeding on the slick....No the current wasn't ripping it was a bit but died out after first 30min but when we went in the wind picked up heavy and we just left channel 2 and the wind was so bad we said F this and left

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Impressive haul boys. With all the negative press these head boats have been getting around here lately you guys did very well. Raul is correct. There is a trick to skinning those puppies but they are delicious. YouTube is your friend.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yep they delish, some of the regs were complaining about the triggers,,I get they like to target tails but why complain about another great eating fish with double the meat? :scratch:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

How did you know those tails were yours ?they r not mark.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

They are marked 3 on the head so your not seeing the mark lol :auto:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

ah ok,do they still do the line for ytails, how many ppl went on this trip?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yes rotation was going it's was decently smooth until the people fishing the bottom wanted to get at the sandballing then died off again. There was 15-18 people so not a bad load imo

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

:toast: decent amount of people

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Nice job dudes. You got some good meals out of it :toast:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Did you have stern spot?

Old School
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Old School »

They rotate continuously at the stern for tails. In other words, you move in a clockwise direction as your line drifts out, so no one is allowed more than about ten minutes on the stern, unless you get hooked up. One of the best spots for bottom fishing on that boat is on the side rail next to the port corner at the stern, since this spot is close to the sand balling chum. Some guys stake out that spot hours before the boat departs. (Like 4:00 AM)

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

:stupid: yes what he said, but those guys bottom fishing weren't catching chit. And we were ther at like 8:05 and any spot you wanted was available. Throughout the trip you could fish pretty much anywhere you wanted, people were moving around and it worked out perfectly...saltydoug would even leave a rod on the bottom and come up to the sandball line to give it a shot, I dont know to many boats that will let you leave an unattended rod while you fish elsewhere, just another perk of this boat... Yes if the boat is more full than it was that wouldn't happen, but it is winter still so the # of people aren't going to be as heavy as when it's starts to warm back up.
If you want to catch flag yellowtails and more this is the boat to go on day or night... I have made my self a promise to never go on another party boat except gulfstream and occasionally sea legs cuz I do good there too.

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Post by saltydoug »

now that we've had Mr Sunshine's report. Sandballing, they kept telling me there's a trick to it....yea whatever.....if I wanted to be that frustrated I'd go back to work or maybe take up golfing. First half dozen drops, nothing but air. Hookup, reel fast reel fast, cutoff. More misses, finally get one to the boat, a frggn remora, more misses, another remora, more misses, a hardtail, more misses, a speedo. All this while having to wait in line with 15 others for another shot. Sorry but lines are for DMV and Disney not fishing. Somebody pulled up a trigger and I'm like, "what, we have triggers here?". Say goodnight Mr Sandman! I only wish I had started that effort 4 hours earlier.

The only person that minded the extra rod was the regular I knocked over running to it when it started screaming. Live pinfish on a 5 foot fishfinder. Ended up getting cut off above the swivel. Had a few other hits on the pinfish but just couldn't get hooked up. And a monster hit on the speedo but another cutoff. I swear my fishing skills are in serious need of a major rebuild. I don't think I could catch an STD in Port-au-Prince on a Saturday night.
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

I think kings or triggers were cutting you guys .Albright wire and hook tails will still hit also triggers n king ..cha ching problem solved :pistols:

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Nice job guys
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

permitchaser wrote:I think kings or triggers were cutting you guys .Albright wire and hook tails will still hit also triggers n king ..cha ching problem solved :pistols:
It was most likely the triggers you could see them all over even up at the chum bag a few guys were specifically targeting kings with wire and triple hooks and nada so I think the boat got lucky landing only the 1 king

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Great reporting guys. Can't find the rhythm without the action.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

yeah them triggers will cut you off in a minute .

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Am I the only guy who thinks trigger fish are majestic? I don't keep them...guess we all have our fish that we let go to live another day.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Rare wrote:Am I the only guy who thinks trigger fish are majestic? I don't keep them...guess we all have our fish that we let go to live another day.
after 2 pounds and up please keep em and ill pick em up I will trade a trigger for a ytail or grover .

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

permitchaser wrote:
Rare wrote:Am I the only guy who thinks trigger fish are majestic? I don't keep them...guess we all have our fish that we let go to live another day.
after 2 pounds and up please keep em and ill pick em up I will trade a trigger for a ytail or grover .
There are queen triggers you can't keep those are majestic, the grays are all over lol I would eat the F out of those and def trade a tail or Grover for one it's more meat lol but yea everybody is entitled to do what they want with their fish

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

must b the one with colors ,im talking bout the gray ones n brown ones.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

permitchaser wrote:must b the one with colors ,im talking bout the gray ones n brown ones.
Yea the colored are queens yea the grey/brownish are the keeper/edible ones and imo super abundant out there

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I wouldn't trade them for anything. Party boat folks look at me as hell has frozen over as I tell the mate to toss it back.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”