Fishing Headquarters - Catch My Drift - 10/12 Night Trip

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
ran1312
Fisher

Fishing Headquarters - Catch My Drift - 10/12 Night Trip

Post by ran1312 »

I've been dying to get out since the big blow last week...the October winds always seem to turn on the bottom fishing. Finally made it out last night and found out they've been killing the Yellowtails since the weekend. That got me all wound up but when we got anchored up the current was non-existent and we spent a good long time swinging on the anchor with the lines going hard to stern one minute, then hard to port the other. Needless to say it was quite the cluster! :roll: Captain Dale even tried moving further south but it was to no avail; Just no current anywhere to be found.

With the lack of current the bite was slow but the boat still managed to pick a few here and there. What was impressive was the size of some of the Muttons and Mangroves that came aboard. I ended up with a nice 5 lb Mutton, a 3 lb mangrove and a couple of decent YT's. Guess my run of luck hasn't changed altogether though...My mutton got beat out in the pool by a fatty mangrove caught on a boat rod no less. Maybe next time!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Fishing Headquarters - Catch My Drift - 10/12 Night Trip

Post by cudaman »

Nice size fish. Thanks for the report, that sucks about the pool. :toast:

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Great job man regardless of the pool. :toast:

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

ran1312 wrote:we spent a good long time swinging on the anchor with the lines going hard to stern one minute, then hard to port the other
So I'm guessing the night trips are usually a tangled mess since they anchor?

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I abide by the wishes of the capt and crew, it's their boat not mine. I've been on some boats where certain " in people " have more latitude than the general public, regardless of experience, one case may be the use of braided line. I do see the need for certain restrictions and don't mind adhering to them, but do not care for the favoritism.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Sirsnookalot wrote:I abide by the wishes of the capt and crew, it's their boat not mine. I've been on some boats where certain " in people " have more latitude than the general public, regardless of experience, one case may be the use of braided line. I do see the need for certain restrictions and don't mind adhering to them, but do not care for the favoritism.
:stupid: :stupid:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”