Going out on yankee capts on the 14-16

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
NMPETER
Fisher

Going out on yankee capts on the 14-16

Post by NMPETER »

Anyone else rolling down south. This will be my first trip report will follow soon. Just wondering if anyone else from the forum is going.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Going out on yankee capts on the 14-16

Post by crashmister »

Good luck! Hope you do well. FF 73 did a great post on what to bring and what to expect. If you do a search you should be able to pick up some great tip's.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Good luck fishing man, you will pay $360 for a 2 day trip and the boat is going with less than 20 people (per the reservations). So Imagine that there will be no more than 30 on it. You got a great deal this weekend. You'll have nice comfy fishing the first day and a bit bumpy by the end of Saturday night. Take bait, lots of fresh bait. What ever oily fish you can find. Read Fishing fools post and please write a report when you get back. Word of advise: Get there at 5 pm. They will board the boat at that time. This way you can have some rods in the rod holders below and at least your bait cooler by the bow.

Friday
Variable winds 5 to 10 knots...becoming southwest and increasing to near 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas around 2 feet. Isolated showers.
Friday Night
Northeast to east winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Saturday
Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Saturday Night
Northeast to east winds near 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.

HMLHMLHML
Fisher

Post by HMLHMLHML »

Sorry for the late report, we fished in 110' or less the whole trip. There were a couple of nice muttons caught, we caught some muffins on fresh blue runners. Pool winner was a 25lb king i think. Sat night the weather was too rough to stay out so around 8 or 9 pm sat we went into the harbor and stayed there until it was clear enough to go home. Overall not a bad first experience, crew and captains were great and so was everyone else on board. The fishing wasnt automatic but i know you have to put in time at the rails to get the big ones. We came in at 7am to the dock. I think everyone on the trip is getting a discount towards a future trip due to the bad weather that came in. Overall biggest mutton was pushing 18 pounds, me and my two friends caught about 5 mutts, a red grouper, and twice nice mangroves. Sorry there are no pictures as it was pouring at basically all the spots. Rain gear pretty much the whole time. At the worst we had 6-8' seas winds gusting at 15- 20 and rain pelting us. I guess i have to go again to get em

kwifish
Fisher

Post by kwifish »

Please contact the office. Everyone will be comped another 2 day trip.

Greg

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Thanks for the report HMLHMLHML....weather or Green slime are the biggest worries on these trips. There is always a first and at least you got some fish and a great experience. :toast:

Captain Greg,
Great of you all to give discounts on the next trip because of mother nature cutting the trip time off. :toast:

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”