Capt. Yuri late 2011 trip

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
killula
KING MACKEREL

Re: Capt. Yuri late 2011 trip

Post by killula »

I'm glad you guys had a great trip, I'm still kicking myself for letting my spot go to Rob! You guys look like you had one of the best trips of the year. I booked the trip with the intention of fishing 3 days before the new moon, and from the reports of fishing trips, the fish were feeding! You couldn't have gone wrong if you went fishing anywhere last weekend. Shrimp were very active, guys reporting catching 5 gallons in 2 hrson the st johns. In the keys, one charter released over 20 sailfish, then caught the same number of gaffer mahi. On the west side the hubbards boat almost everyone came back with a limit of snaps. The fishing is on fire, just got to get lucky with the weather.

My trip with the yankee iron man was cancelled to weather, then the makeup charter with hawkboat also cancelled to weather. Better luck for me in 2012.

Waiting on your report, so I can catch up to all the action I am missing out on since I started my new job, house dad to my twin 3 year olds while I wait for my nursing school to start up.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice report . I have tried the verticals a few times and never done well on the muttons for them normally the kings kill me using when using them . Where they biting them on every stop or just one ? How was the current for you ?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Well David, not everyone did so great. The Andy charters went out and returned with only 3 red groupers, 2 muttons, and and the rest in yellow tails. My guess is mostly those that ventured further out where the low moved the water did great. As we landed we heard the Yankee Capts did great too.

Chris, we figured it out at after a while. We had to drop the verticals before any bait hit the water. Those would be the first fish caught, we got a few reds on jigs as well. The current was awesome and cooperating only 3 ounces were needed to get to the bottom. I did use heavier leads though. I will try my best to put up a complete report tonight and hopefully the video tomorrow.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

fishnfool73 wrote:Nice report . I have tried the verticals a few times and never done well on the muttons for them normally the kings kill me using when using them . Where they biting them on every stop or just one ? How was the current for you ?
Basically what Herbert says, if it was the first thing down it got hit. I was catching 22"+ tails on 6" 300gram verticals. The Lucanis jigs were a bit slower this trip but I did pull up a few mutts on them as well along with other snapper. Current was near perfect, held with 6oz all trip.
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

My only complaint is Yuri moved every deck box save one Yeti to the front of the boat to compensate for the added buoyancy the new pontoons create so you have to wait for him to empty the cooler and transfer it to the front of the boat and then he transfers ice back to reload the cooler. Sometimes the cooler was beyond being able to close. With our mild weather it was not an issue as everything stayed cold but in an august trip the fish would not be so fortunate.

On the flip side the added pontoons took the slap out of the boat now though so no more worries of it breaking in half hitting a 3' wave, a much calmer ride.
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Very intresting, I have always tried them after the bite on bait slowed down. Will have to try it the way that worked for you guys next year. Also nice to hear how the new boat ran by someone who took out his old one.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yep, the verticals worked best when dropped first on a spot. Most of my muttons on them came as soon as the jig hit the bottom, I would jig once or twice and be on.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Rick chum da water :lol: , Where r da pics? :toast:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

rare wrote:I offer 40 bucks an hr to do mine, that was 10 bucks than Stevie- he showed me the door...lol
You better have some damn good jokes if you're going to charge $40 an hour. Stevie Wonder only charged $30/hour for cleaning and a comedy show, it was well worth it. I only spent 4 hours portioning and vacuum sealing fish today, if I hadn't had him fillet them, I would have spent at least 6 hours.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Johnster wrote:Wow, looks like you guys had a blast. Can't wait for the full report and more pics! Grats to the whole crew.

Can't agree more! More! More! More! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

way to get em' guys!...Nelson, dont be throwing up no yellowtail dinners man come on..lol jk brah..Cant wait for the Vid Herb! I also have a report for you guys...... 8)

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: LMAO!!! Ok gonna try to put something up while I work on the video.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

LMAO! I was uploading some of the pics. They are up! :cheers:

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”