Best slash worst fishing day of my life......

Lets hear those tall Fishing tales, I have heard so many times fishing all night on the pier with fisherman.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Best slash worst fishing day of my life......

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice story glad it had a happy ending. :cheers:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

FriskyMullet
KING MACKEREL

Post by FriskyMullet »

Good story. :lol: at least you got the rod back and you lost it to a cool fish, my buddy who shall remain nameless lost a very expensive setup to a big chub. lol. He left it barely out of the water while rigging another rod and splash the rod was gone. We know it was a chub because there were monster chubs right by the boat.

Surge101
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Surge101 »

I would get rid of all the line on that thing, take it apart and rinse out, more like drench the thing in some fresh water.

catchinany?
Fisher

Post by catchinany? »

That's awesome that you got your rod back!

TarponTamer69
Fisher

Post by TarponTamer69 »

You've never seen Trav smile soo big until he loses his rig and gets it back LOL. I was with him and I will say we went from having a great day to a horrible one just that fast. We turned around and all we saw was the worlds first flying rod and reel combo. :shock: But then I got a phone call on the way back with the goggles from my boy screaming like he won the lotto creaming "I GOT IT BACK, I GOT IT BACK" Epic win if you ask me. We'd like to thank Daiwa for making a kick ass reel that can hook a ray and a Penn Battle ROFL

yankneck696
Seasoned Fisher

Post by yankneck696 »

It may be a bit expensive, but there is a product called Salt Away that is used for boat engines & hullsides. It works excellent & really dissolves the salt. There is also a version that has teflon in it. You can find it at any West Marine or other boating store. If it keeps an outboard clean internally, it'll do wonders for a dunked reel.

Ed
Some people build bridges. Some people fish off the bridges. Some people burn their bridges. Others should just be pushed off the bridge.
Caught by hand.

Return to “Fishing Tall Tales”