Road Trip fishing (with pics!)

Lets hear those tall Fishing tales, I have heard so many times fishing all night on the pier with fisherman.
Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Road Trip fishing (with pics!)

Post by Master-Baiter »

What with the moon phase and tides and such just being "not right" fer the kind of fishin I likes, here in the Fort Lauderdale area, I figgered that when everything just ain't right fer my favorite kinda fishin, there's usually only two words to describe whut's next. "Withdrawal Symptoms", "Living Hell", or "Cabin Fever" ain't quite appropriate THIS time. Nope.

There are two other words that EVERY fisherman should know an remember. Those two words are, "ROAD TRIP".

I is gonna write about it here. Even gonna include some pictures. This was a fishin trip to remember. :)

I decided to head out, and packed the ole vintage Rolls Canardley full of essentials. Headed on out to seek, pillage, and plunder some new and exotic (To me) fishin grounds. Why take the Rolls Canhardley on a fishin trip? some may ask.

Why not travel in comfort?, thinks I. I'm splurging on this trip, may as well travel in style.

Yeah, it was more than I ever spent fer one half day of fishin before, but I figures that prices are higher than I thunk because of inflation, and I can't take it wit me, and so what if I spends the kids inheritance. I ain't gonna be around to hear them bitchin when they find out so I'll spend a few extra bucks fer a great ole time.

I done all my trip plannin on the internet, and wuz lookin forward to havin me some real fun. Yep.

I even hired a guide, because we all knows that the best way to learn a new area is to find a local to go wit. Whether it's your first time, or you're an experienced veteran, it's important to see all the sights wit someone who knows whut they is doing.

"Our weather is really nice, you might want to wear a swimsuit, since we may do some wade fishing too" the guide wrote me in an email. The guide even asked me whut kinda beer I likes when fishin, sed "I'll bring some along" and, well, whut could be better than that, thinks I. Great Fishin and FREE BEER?

Inflation? So what. I was starting to like this guide, and we ain't even met yet.

Surprise, surprise, things managed to get even better.

This is a picture of me in the vintage Rolls Canhardley, (Pronounced Rolz Can Ardley) packed wit everything I might need and more, and ready to head out on my latest Fishing Road Trip and adventure tour.

It Rolls down hills pretty good, Can Hardley make it up hills.

So after gittin to da area where I is gonna fish, I set up camp in the parking lot near da boat launch, and settle in fer a comfortable evening and perhaps some late night fishing from a bridge. Figured I'd camp out and save a couple bucks in case I wanted to get a guide the following day or extend my trip. I expect this to be a terrific expedition.

The area sure wuz pretty and fishy lookin too.

Anyway, my guide comes in the morning and gits me at the parking lot where I was camping, and we heads out on the water.

Surprise, surprise. My guide is a woman.

But, one look and any guy would know instantly that she knew what she was doing. Here's a picture of my guide. Believe me, she knew what she was doing.

Yeah, this was one of the best fishin trips ever.

Caught some fish using real light tackle. Here's one:

Nice not havin to do all the 'work' usually associated with fishin. Like tieing on my lures or hooks, catchin bait, baitin my hooks, etc. Everything was done fer me. Yep. Everything!

It was a great road trip, and fer once, I was not the Master Baiter.

I'll write more, and maybe include more pictures soon as I get them developed.
Master Baiter

Return to “Fishing Tall Tales”