On a More Serious side

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

On a More Serious side

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I have had a few PMs that some feel that some here in the forum are disruptive and tend to be treading on disrespectful.

So I know how many of you feel you need to let me know by PM or email ----> support@boatlessfishing.com
Your Emails and PMs are between you and me so Please let me know how you feel about things so I can try to keep the forum flowing in a good way.

I can not read every thread so I need your help in watching and letting me know if things are not flowing proper.

Thanks in Advance
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Re: On a More Serious side

Post by DragonFire »

I actually believe we have gotten better in that department... heck we are mild compare to other forums when it comes to fishing..
Don't you "older" guys remember how we use to be??? heck I know I had some good back and forth with some members here..

Than after it was done... it was over and not bought up again.... Here my take on this> Some folks are just too thin skin and want to be treated
a certain way... :roll: we are all grown Men/Women here... and if a person can't take what is being said>>> just like anything else> don't respond or
change the channel...

And I will also say this> I know for a Fact that if someone was a total chit to a new person or older member... the rest of the forum would rally behind
the member being crap on.... In other words the older members didn't let that chit fly...

Don't get me wrong if someone is being a total jerk to someone and steps over the line with their comment.... than all you do is report it..
and lets remember this is a freaking fishing forum.... and fishermen have a way of messing with each other... :mrgreen:

What are we going to do??? PC every thread??.....and I hate to be honest> but if you let someone words get to you on a fishing forum... than you must live
in a bubble and never been out with a group of guys fishing... (we tend to mess with each other LOL).....

Heck I can name some members here who always have a way of coming across blunt with their replies (me included) ....I am sorry but I don't sugar coat things..
I say it the way I would, as if I was standing in front of the person...And I know most here would do the same thing...

I remember one of my biggest comments at times was to call a person "Sally" and to not let your panties get in a bind :pistols:

Like I said I don't have time to write something in a manner someone believes they should be talk too... If I was talking to women than I might sugar coat a comment..LOL
Again this is a fishing forum!!!! and fishermen are blount and straight to the point at times.... and if a person is just too thin skin for that... than maybe they should
take up golf :mrgreen: just my .02cents ......

One of the good ones here was Zebco (Tommy) he was blast at times with his comments... he didn't sugar coat anything... I never got to meet him :( but from what I heard
from others.... he was always Great with helping people.....and I respected the way he talk to me at times... we had some great back and forth with each other.. LOL
I bet he looking down on us right now and saying "Quit your whining and lets go catch a pomp" :dude: :dude:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I do miss the old forum JETTYPARK (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

fishnfool73 wrote:I do miss the old forum JETTYPARK (tommy
x 3 I got in trouble at work for being so much on the forum lol :auto:

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

We are a lot better than car forums I can tell you that. New members are usually roasted upon sighn up. There is usually a core group who controls the forum
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

BF will be giving out free hugs and Maxipads at Anglins every Friday night free of charge.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

fishnfool73 wrote:BF will be giving out free hugs and Maxipads at Anglins every Friday night free of charge.

awwwww

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Well lets see if the complainers have the guts to post right up in here

Let us all have a sissyfit with a welcoming diaper in XXL just to level a little LMAO
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

DragonFire wrote:I actually believe we have gotten better in that department... heck we are mild compare to other forums when it comes to fishing..
Don't you "older" guys remember how we use to be??? heck I know I had some good back and forth with some members here..

Than after it was done... it was over and not bought up again.... Here my take on this> Some folks are just too thin skin and want to be treated
a certain way... :roll: we are all grown Men/Women here... and if a person can't take what is being said>>> just like anything else> don't respond or
change the channel...

And I will also say this> I know for a Fact that if someone was a total chit to a new person or older member... the rest of the forum would rally behind
the member being crap on.... In other words the older members didn't let that chit fly...

Don't get me wrong if someone is being a total jerk to someone and steps over the line with their comment.... than all you do is report it..
and lets remember this is a freaking fishing forum.... and fishermen have a way of messing with each other... :mrgreen:

What are we going to do??? PC every thread??.....and I hate to be honest> but if you let someone words get to you on a fishing forum... than you must live
in a bubble and never been out with a group of guys fishing... (we tend to mess with each other LOL).....

Heck I can name some members here who always have a way of coming across blunt with their replies (me included) ....I am sorry but I don't sugar coat things..
I say it the way I would, as if I was standing in front of the person...And I know most here would do the same thing...

I remember one of my biggest comments at times was to call a person "Sally" and to not let your panties get in a bind :pistols:

Like I said I don't have time to write something in a manner someone believes they should be talk too... If I was talking to women than I might sugar coat a comment..LOL
Again this is a fishing forum!!!! and fishermen are blount and straight to the point at times.... and if a person is just too thin skin for that... than maybe they should
take up golf :mrgreen: just my .02cents ......

One of the good ones here was Zebco (Tommy) he was blast at times with his comments... he didn't sugar coat anything... I never got to meet him :( but from what I heard
from others.... he was always Great with helping people.....and I respected the way he talk to me at times... we had some great back and forth with each other.. LOL
I bet he looking down on us right now and saying "Quit your whining and lets go catch a pomp" :dude: :dude:

So effectively, what you are saying is that you cannot maintain the decorum of polite banter because you do not possess the faculty of self-restraint, self-control, or mutual respect. I suppose the standard could be set lower.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

STRIZ wrote:Well lets see if the complainers have the guts to post right up in here

Let us all have a sissyfit with a welcoming diaper in XXL just to level a little LMAO

For real.... cant take the heat,get OUT..its all in good fun..At the end of the day we all toss a line and forget.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

LINESIDER wrote:
STRIZ wrote:Well lets see if the complainers have the guts to post right up in here

For real.... cant take the heat,get OUT..its all in good fun..At the end of the day we all toss a line and forget.

Exactly!!
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

It's pointless to take anything personal. At the end of the day, it's the interwebs, not surious business! People tend to be more themselves behind a computer screen, on here, your skin should be made of triggerfish hide interwoven with Kevlar. Most people putting others down are simply feeding off their own insecurities and inadequacy. I for one feel pity rather anger.

-Swordfish

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Tommy I'm glad you brought this up. Whats the statute of limitations on filing a formal complaint around here because I'm considering suing some kid. I don't remember his exact handle but it definitely has something to do with killing sharks. IKILLSHARKS? SHARKHUNTER? Anyway, I'm sure some will remember this "classic" but for the new kids this is what he POSTED and he hurt my feelings...........a lot.

"If you stop sucking Joey's cock long enough and pick your head up you will learn something". NOTE: I'm not sure if the "learn something" part is verbatim but the cock sucking part sure is. I can never forget that.

Any of you little pussy complainers with your hurt feelings think you can top that? Seriously? Let's hear it then. We didn't play nicely with you so you went running to Mommy Tommy? Truth is that's exactly why you don't fit here. Kinda for men only.

PS. And Joey won't take me fishing on his boat since he found out I was a Jew. Please make him take me out Tommy. And make him take the communist too. Or our feelings will be hurt.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Just WOW!!

Jetty, your post made me drop a tear. There is a member that is a psychiatrist here...maybe you guys can PM him with your problems.

This is the reason I won't fish with many here. The guys will tell you, im just a joker at time..Just an FYI, most of the guys I had big issues with are great buds now (won't happen with us kblue). We will get things done through PM' or open on a thread.....but never will I PM Tommy on these things. On other fishing forums they will rip you guys to pieces....this stuff is so mild it's not even funny.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Rare wrote:...this stuff is so mild it's not even funny.
Some shoulda been here a few years ago. Dang that outta be flat out interesting
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

I been on this sight for years and never seen anything really bad. hell on the piers we did worse crap than on here. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Just thinking my sig fits just right for this one

Old record players running on 33 is so boring. Flip it to 45 like de la soul said SO I CAN DANCE TO IT
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Guys lets all meet at john loyd for smores and kumbaya by the camp fire :toast:

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

hey miguel lets hear what you think bro
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

S'mores code for you-know-what?
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

lol it is Rich dont wanna offend anyone

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

but seriously i think you guys are a bunch of aholes always so rude and putting me down im just trying to fish and learn a little

thanks tommy for taking my complaints serious enough to make this thread

rare is one of the worst around here with his constant insults
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Kingofthesea wrote:Tommy I'm glad you brought this up. Whats the statute of limitations on filing a formal complaint around here because I'm considering suing some kid. I don't remember his exact handle but it definitely has something to do with killing sharks. IKILLSHARKS? SHARKHUNTER? Anyway, I'm sure some will remember this "classic" but for the new kids this is what he POSTED and he hurt my feelings...........a lot.

"If you stop sucking Joey's cock long enough and pick your head up you will learn something". NOTE: I'm not sure if the "learn something" part is verbatim but the cock sucking part sure is. I can never forget that.

Any of you little pussy complainers with your hurt feelings think you can top that? Seriously? Let's hear it then. We didn't play nicely with you so you went running to Mommy Tommy? Truth is that's exactly why you don't fit here. Kinda for men only.

PS. And Joey won't take me fishing on his boat since he found out I was a Jew. Please make him take me out Tommy. And make him take the communist too. Or our feelings will be hurt.

we could have fished anytime rich befor i knew you were a jew but seriously what would my brothers think if they caught me fishing with you

YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Just pissed myself

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:I have had a few PMs that some feel that some here in the forum are disruptive and tend to be treading on disrespectful.

So I know how many of you feel you need to let me know by PM or email ----> support@boatlessfishing.com
Your Emails and PMs are between you and me so Please let me know how you feel about things so I can try to keep the forum flowing in a good way.

I can not read every thread so I need your help in watching and letting me know if things are not flowing proper.

Thanks in Advance

Good to know... But if someone cross the line, I would do the same instead sending PM to Daddy...
In this stupid and crazy forum, we all sh!t together... that's all.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote: Please make him take me out Tommy. And make him take the communist too. Or our feelings will be hurt.
Don't pull my leg... I am happy with catching lizard fish...

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

ok can we just find out who is disruptive and disrespectful? no need to say who is making the beef

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

well and one more thing for the one that didn't like what I wrote can suck my PINGAAAA :mrgreen:

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Post by DigiCowboy »

And the post 'On a more serious side' provides my best laughs of the day! Whoda Thunk?

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I have done posts like this for the last 10 years, Thats right Boatlessfishing.com is 10 years old come October.

In the past it was alot rougher around here at times and now much is said as a joke and even if there is an issue it would appear to me that most get there angst out by a joke. which i think is better then calling someone out.

The reason I did this post is to give any that want to say something the opportunity to do so here or by Email to me.

Look in no community does everyone get along, personality's clash and so on. This forum is about Fishing lets not forget that, we are not discussing our relationships between each other or if you will make it home for dinner and why your getting back late.

This is about FISH and How to catch them or showing off your catches.

But we do need to always show respect to one another.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”