On a More Serious side

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: On a More Serious side

Post by cantseeme47 »

im gonna buy all the forum members icecream and some hemmriod cream
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Rare wrote:Just WOW!!

Jetty, your post made me drop a tear. There is a member that is a psychiatrist here...maybe you guys can PM him with your problems.

This is the reason I won't fish with many here. The guys will tell you, im just a joker at time..Just an FYI, most of the guys I had big issues with are great buds now (won't happen with us kblue). We will get things done through PM' or open on a thread.....but never will I PM Tommy on these things. On other fishing forums they will rip you guys to pieces....this stuff is so mild it's not even funny.
psychology*, not psychiatry, i stopped prescribing drugs when i got clean.

lol. i have seen and enjoyed your jokes and comments about me, i am out of town and gives me a good chuckle thank you.

one day maybe u can teach me how to catch fish

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:I have done posts like this for the last 10 years, Thats right Boatlessfishing.com is 10 years old come October.

In the past it was alot rougher around here at times and now much is said as a joke and even if there is an issue it would appear to me that most get there angst out by a joke. which i think is better then calling someone out.

The reason I did this post is to give any that want to say something the opportunity to do so here or by Email to me.

Look in no community does everyone get along, personality's clash and so on. This forum is about Fishing lets not forget that, we are not discussing our relationships between each other or if you will make it home for dinner and why your getting back late.

This is about FISH and How to catch them or showing off your catches.

But we do need to always show respect to one another.
What about providing us some forum rules listing things not allowed when posting and... three strikes you out? There are limits in what you can communicate in writing Vs in person. Sometimes, someone not knowing what's going on could feel disruptive or disrespectful with some content used in post. This could be called "misunderstanding" but as a result, we will lose member... On the other size token, some members won't care of losing members... But I am sure you care.

Rule I propose are
1) forget disruptive or disrespectful because they are too subjective
2) provide contents, words not to be used no matter what circumstance, regardless of joke or for laugh.
3) three strikes and out

Just my thought out of my @ss...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Just WOW!!
Just an FYI, most of the guys I had big issues with are great buds now (won't happen with us kblue)
Just Wow!!!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

HJared wrote:

lol. i have seen and enjoyed your jokes and comments about me, i am out of town and gives me a good chuckle thank you.

one day maybe u can teach me how to catch fish
You are welcome....hit me with a PM next time you are coming by the Rick. I can learn plenty from you.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

kblue wrote:
BoatlessFisherman wrote:
As usual

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

SaltyDog wrote:
kblue wrote:
BoatlessFisherman wrote:
As usual
I didn't see Kblue :silent: lol

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

SaltyDog wrote:
kblue wrote:
BoatlessFisherman wrote:
As usual

Where did this quote come from ????????

What thread????????
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

has anyone heard from miguel ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Yea what is miguels take on this

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

:biglaugh:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

You guys are brutal. I'll say it........ Do I think Miguel reached out to Tommy.....yes. Do I think he just found out he was overplaying a weak hand.....yes. Did he just find out how this place works ........hope so Do I hope he stays......yes

If every new member hit the ground running and fitting in around here like SaltyDoug just did life would be simple. He's good. Then there are the new members that show up out of no where like kblue. Totally un-housebroken. But after some 'gentle nudging' lol he has somewhat adapted his personality to the ones already here. Kinda. At least he found out he can start his own thread which keeps him somewhat compartmentalized but free to be kblue. Personally, I hope that rod takes forever to build. Miguel has a lot to offer. He's good at a lot of things that some members are interested in learning and is more than willing to offer his experience. That makes him a valuable addition to the Forum. If Miguel wants to stay he definitely should. That's going to be up to him but obviously he has to somewhat adapt to the way this Forum operates or he will be gone. Voluntarily. No one stays for long where they are not welcome or comfortable. I hope he figures it out. Can't be that hard if the communist did. Just my take.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

Kingofthesea wrote:S'mores code for you-know-what?
im in ..

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

even tho my join on date says 2008 i was actually here back in 04/05 before my user id and all posts just disappeared.. like Tommy said was bit harsher, but we also had a reel tight knit group.. we all traveled to each others homes, and fishing spots, actually physically shared tips n tricks. not googling answers..

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

this is fishing forum ,we are all grown mengs ,you guys pay too ruff and I don't like it :scold: so stop it okkkkkkk?

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Damn all this is bull

Should not even be worth mentioning

I mean come on this forum is one of the lighter ones in regards to how rough or not members deal with each other.

I do get a kick out of reading one or the other thread/post tho.

Kblue is actually a good example of testing the waters and a good measure on how the people here do not dismiss totally.

He stuck through and will still get heat no doubt cuz he is somewhat an anoying nut but that sticking it out is a part of showing others its all fair game and nuts is also a good part of this community.

Who cant deal with this board considering it being a more light one has no chance in real life imo
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote: But after some 'gentle nudging' lol he has somewhat adapted his personality to the ones already here.
Yep! For the first time i replied to his PM just the other day. It was a real legit question not filled with BS..The :let me ask stupid question" so i can get the answer is what rubs me the wrong way.

Hey, Ron....You are on the other side of the pond and have no clue what you are talking about....Keep it moving!

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

LOL

I understand the mechanics from 5000 miles away :jester:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

I been on here for yrs. also and I understand good banter. Its all for fun mostly lol. I ask a lot of questions myself been out of the saltwater game for 5 yrs and crap has changed a lot gear wise. If someone can't take a little razzing then they might not want to be on any forum.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

BoatlessFisherman

Almost seems Welcoming around here, Thats scarey LOL
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Where did this quote come from ????????

What thread????????[/quote]
I was quoting kblue idk how that ended up happening sorry man

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

SaltyDog wrote:Where did this quote come from ????????

What thread????????
I was quoting kblue idk how that ended up happening sorry man[/quote]

I know what happened you start early in d morning :biglaugh:

BoatlessFisherman

SaltyDog wrote:Where did this quote come from ????????

What thread????????
I was quoting kblue idk how that ended up happening sorry man[/quote]

I thought it was funny because alot of my thoughts do come right out my butt I just could not remember saying it, LOL
-Tommy A-

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

To be honest I mostly just post on reports but honestly its the Internet. I mean anyone who spends 15 min on the Internet realizes it's a hostile place, grown men shouldn't cry about others picking on them. It's weak in my opinion, sure be welcoming etc but don't go and cry just because someone said something you don't like. When I worked road I got called pig bacon etc I didn't go to my LT. and cry oh lt pls help me someone called me a name or said something bad about me. I'm sorry I'm respectful to mostly everyone but its crazy that people complain about that silly stuff.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:
Kingofthesea wrote: But after some 'gentle nudging' lol he has somewhat adapted his personality to the ones already here.
Yep! For the first time i replied to his PM just the other day. It was a real legit question not filled with BS..The :let me ask stupid question" so i can get the answer is what rubs me the wrong way.
"let me ask stupid question" or "showing stupidity" was my tatical approach to gather intel from FL local fishermen... But people in this forum is just too smart... I ended up being bombarded with carpet bombing... But I decided to stick to it, which was even bigger mistake... and I ended up hearing more than 1000 times of "just Listen" from Rare and 100 times from Saltydog and others...lol... But actually, I found people here are not that bad... I started to understand between lines of all trash talks...They do "care"... it took a while but I figured it out a little bit...Bla Bla Bla eatpop

Bad news is I know I will be around as being Kblue and continuously annoying once out of blue like STRIZ predicts...
don't expect too much about I being adapted to the ones already here...

BTW STRIZ really knows my kind....da freaking engineer :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: I think he is one too...

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

LOL.... I never knew grown men could be such little girls with this type of talk :uplol: most of the older guys saw the pictures I posted of my niece with her nice bull red that she
got two yrs ago... she finally landed a nice black tip this yr... anyway> this little girl in her 20s took all my BS and yelling and was always on point when it came to shooting and fishing..
In my view she was more of a Man than most guys on some of these forums.... :roll: sad thing she started dating a whining little Pus IMO who not into fishing/shooting/hunting and
if you yell close to him I believe he would poop on himself LOL... anyway that's the feeling I'm getting with some of the whining going on around here right now...

Boo hoo jetty hurt my feeling by calling me "Sally" ......... my god when did GROWN AZZ MEN become such @#$## :nopity: ..... thankfully my niece finally broke it off with her whining
little POS... YES I SAID POS.... reach down and grab a pair> if you have them and YELL out to the world... I'm a freaking PERSON that doesn't care what other think... its a freaking
fishing forum....

I got a kick out of this> from anas473
So effectively, what you are saying is that you cannot maintain the decorum of polite banter because you do not possess the faculty of self-restraint, self-control, or mutual respect. I suppose the standard could be set lower.
BAHAAAAAAA :uplol: no I have a pair and what people say to me on a forum really doesn't hurt my feeling...and I guess you haven't read many of my threads.... I'm a old salt and I
tell it like it is... I don't SUGAR COAT A FREAKING THING... and if your sweet little ears can't handled that... MOVE ON... this isn't the girl scouts .... and like I said I know girls who
don't whine about words on a forum... they roll with the punches and throw them back at us....

I threw my niece into this thread because IMO she is a well educated young Lady.... but she also realizes that words are just words and if you #% and whine about what people
say.... than that's YOUR problem..... I have given that little girl hell (she been coming down here and fishing with me for three yrs now) and I know for a fact she can handled anything
anyone of us would say to her on a fishing pier or a fishing forum and dish it right back out.....

Whatever happen to MEN being MEN????? and being able to laugh at chit that was thrown at them??? I read threads like this and say to myself... what would happen if the chit ever
hit the fan with some of these so-called whining little men... that complain about their feeling being hurt because of what mean old Jettypark said to them....boo hoo....

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: damn I miss the old day's.... and reading chit like this...in a way makes me sad...... why you ask??? well because women are growing bigger pairs than
most of these whining little guys we have now adays..... I wonder what do they when they don't catch any fish... call their mommies :mrgreen:

I hope my words don't give any of you nightmares...... but if they do.... WHOO HOO... I won :cheers: cry your little whining self's to sleep....
Jettypark hurt my feeling again...LOL... I live for that :dude:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

^ I tell you one thing I ain't reading all to early in da morning,the smileys look nice tho :roll:

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

People stumble upon this site and immediately realize they have won the jackpot. I've lived and fished in many places and no other resource like it exists. I'm on the coast of GA this week and I had to physically go down to the water and start talking to people to get the scoop. Certainly there is a technique to extracting information from the locals and it generally requires you to be really nice and humble. Still you don't always get the entire truth until you contribute. It could be some information about spots you fish down South or shared info on some reports you heard from other people earlier in the day.

My point is that when you join this forum you ought to be contributing substantially to its growth. I had never fished saltwater before so I wrote a two week long thread about my failures trying to catch my first snook. The first time I met GK was in the parking lot of Dania and he walked up and asked if I was the snook guy on boatless. Looking back on it, I'm not sure if he was going to rob me otherwise or something, but it all worked out. :lol: I remember the first time I saw KOTS. Some crusty old guy tossing a Birds and the Bees pomp jig over and over and over and over... I thought he was some kind of pomp wizard that knew something I didn't so I started talking to him. Turns out he had no idea what he was doing but was a genuinely awesome guy (despite being a Jew) and is one of the best friends I met in the entire time I lived down there.

To anyone new or to anyone who is feeling hurt. Remember these guys are posting vital info on a free public forum. There are limits to what they will divulge and quite often you're going to have to pay your dues for a while to get "in". If the hard times keep on going after a while you're probably just an annoying person and they're too polite to tell you to go to hell. If you feel like there is a lack of intellect or wit among the group, you're that guy!

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

permitchaser wrote:^ I tell you one thing I ain't reading all to early in da morning,the smileys look nice tho :roll:
I wrote that for the smart ones...so don't worry about it... and I know we have special folks like you are here and that's why I throw in the "Smilies" :roll: :wink: :lol: :mrgreen: :cheers:
if I really wanted to mess with you... I put a picture up of a really Bright light :dwarf: :pistols:

Cystrat> You sir are on the right path> Nothing in life comes easy... NOTHING!!!! there's a wealth of knowledge on this forum.... Some people get upset if you look at them wrong..
I fish with a group of guys that would make some here cry....we mess with each other all the time (just like we do here) but we all know that's part of fishing with some folks...
I wish I lived further south and was able to meet up with some of the older guys here.... I know I would have a blast...

Like I stated already... this is a fishing forum not a pity forum... but I also stated that if anyone gets stupid... the older guys like myself would be the first to come to the defense of
someone.... trust me if your skin is so thin that you let "Words" from somebody on the internet get to you.... psssssss You have way more problems than you want to admit...

Hell I have said it before> I have more respect for people that call me a AH (if I cross the line) than the ones who want to sugar coat everything and not hurt anyone feeling... :nopity:
and if I ever call you Sally and it hurt your feeling.... ahhhhh oh well too freaking bad> grow a pair :pistols:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

When I first got here Jetty scared the crap out of me. And he had this spooky devil dog avitar. I stayed far away from his bad side.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”