obx trip

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

obx trip

Post by big_matt_duq »

well for the first week we were down the water, winds, and fish did not cooperate much at all. scott lost 2 small blacktips and we gave up fishing the pier and hit up the inlet to do some flounder fishing. the first time down to the inlet we caught probably 80 or so flatties between the three of us, but only 2 were of legal size. scott caught about a 10lb black drum and another one about 4 lbs. on the 28th of july i caught a 49 1/2lb king off the pier and on the 31st adam caught a 22lb cobia. scott and i both missed a cobia on bucktails. i finally ended my loosing streak with spanish. i had not ever got one the whole way up onto the deck until this year. yea it only took me like 12 years of tryin. lol overall it was a great trip and adam and i landed our first "real fish" off the king rigs(other than sharks) and i am currently on the top of the board at the pier with the biggest king of the year. ill post some pics when adam gets them to me. just found out i have off for 12 days starting monday so im tryin to get back down for a week or so.

matt

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: obx trip

Post by fishnfool73 »

Sounds like fun but where is OBX?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Ok good i'm glad i'm not the only one that doesn't know what OBX is.. Looking forward to the pics.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bde7777
Fisher

Post by bde7777 »

Outer Banks, North Carolina

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Nice report. We go to Avon or Buxton every year for Thanksgiving, no crowds, everything is cheaper, and great surf fishing. Where were you, what pier were you fishing?

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Great report waiting on the pics
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big_matt_duq »

we were in south nags head. north carolina. we fished the outer banks pier mostly but we did drive down to frisco/buxton and fish that pier the one day. that pier is about to fall into the ocean! im workin on the pics, i cant remember my photobucket info. im leaving tuesday to go down for another 10 days so hopefully i'll get some more pics.

big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big_matt_duq »

big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big_matt_duq »

no i live in Pennsylvania. :cry: i am leaving in an hour or so to head back down and am trying to organize a trip for drum later in the year. its an awesome place to hang out and to fish. one of my favorite places i have ever been to. well off to pack, hopefully ill have some good reports when i get back.

matt

big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big_matt_duq »

well i got down there for another 9 days and didnt catch anything worth taking a pic of. some nice Spanish, 2 4 foot sharks, missed 3 cobia :oops: and some nice sheephead and spadefish. it was fun though and i learned a few new tricks.

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

nice job man where exactly is this pier?
and what did you get the king on?
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Has anyone else notice the pier is all crooked. I wonder mother nature did that or a stoner contractor that cant measure straight.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big_matt_duq »

yea they are pretty crazy. the one they are rebuilding is gonna be concrete with a wood top. i got my king off of outer banks pier at mile post 18 1/2. its owned by gary oliver. http://fishingunlimited.net/Introduction.html
i got my king on about a 2 lb bluefish. last trip on of the guys i fish with got an 18 lb false albacore off that pier and that morning there were some sailfish, about 2 foot long in the surf. pretty crazy. a big blue marlin went by the pier a few miles north of us that week too. they said it was like 800+ lbs.

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”