11th time's the charm

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

11th time's the charm

Post by Frogfish101 »

Fished Cammack today with Mike, Travis, and Tim.

I was excited to say the least, I got some new goodies in the mail from Andy. Sonik SK4's 3lb TC and Shimano Thunnus. I also had a fox sky pod in the mail, but it would arrive on monday so no chance to get to try them out.

Andy promised some mojo with the new gear, and boy did he pay out! We set up at 7 AM, and the forecast looked pretty good. Would be a chilly NC day, with the high in the 60s and gusts up to 15 mph. Early in the morn, it was calm. Travis got a 19-8 at 7:10.

Travis lost another fish on a hook pull 5 min later. After that, the wind started to pick up. From 7:30-2:30, Mike, Travis, Tim, and I went without any runs. We were fishing on the NW bank of a peninsula, so Mike and I decided to switch over to the warmed-up SE side. This was the ticket. After 20 min, while Mike and I were talking about how it would suck to get skunked AGAIN, i got a screamer. FINALLY. 11 trips, 300+ hours, my first NC common, a beautiful Cammack fish at 18 even.

I was ecstatic. Riding on that high, i got another screamer about an hour later. Could it be? No...catfish :-[ No worries, I got my fish. So as Mike and I were enjoying the sun, my rod screams again. I flip the baitrunner spool and this is no catfish! After a brutal struggle, a 25 even common slides into the net.

What an end to an awesome day :D I could not ask for more, and it was spent with great friends too!

Final tally:
Me- 18 and 25
Tim- 20.6 and lost fish
Travis- 19-8 and lost fish

Hot bait was enterprise 10mm tutti frutti boilie with a piece of pop-up fake maize soaked in tutti frutti, with tutti frutti and super peach bread pack

Andy, thanks for the mojo ;D

"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: 11th time's the charm

Post by fishnfool73 »

Great report and picctures. By the description you could eat your left over bait probabbly tastier than those goldfish. :mrgreen:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

That's some hardcore carp fishing.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Frogfish101 wrote: Hot bait was enterprise 10mm tutti frutti boilie with a piece of pop-up fake maize soaked in tutti frutti, with tutti frutti and super peach bread pack
Damn it, I knew I was using the wrong bait at Anglins on Saturday :D

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

Great report!! Thanks for sharing. :thumleft:
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Haha I must say carp have good taste! :)
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

lordhell
Fisher

Post by lordhell »

LOL, now I know why Topper keeps knocking you on your carp tackle... :D

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Yeah that jerk! :lol: