NC Carping 4/23-4/25

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

NC Carping 4/23-4/25

Post by Frogfish101 »

After seeing Colin get these two beauties in a new lake in western NC (http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/i ... 0&start=30 ...pics on page 3), Tim and I decided to do a 48-hour trip Friday evening-sunday morn and see what we could find. ;) we didn't have any bank space to fish the prespawn areas (Colin was fishing on a friend's private property), but with a report of Danny catching a 16 at a spot last weekend we decided to give that place a go.

we bivvied up, launched the john boat and dumped 30+ lbs of bait. Came back to shore, set up 8 rods, and spodded about 20 more lbs of bait over the next 48 hours. Unfortunately, the NC curse still lingered...we blanked with the exception of 4 puny little catfish. A front blew in Saturday around 4, and a few carp started rolling...but no runs. It started to rain hard at 5 and didn't let up until 7 AM on Sunday.

what can you say, we gave them everything we got. My NC carp drought will have to last until the fall...unless I decide to do a suicide run next weekend. Fishing during the spawn can be tough, especially when you're not fishing their prespawn staging areas and are fishing on a 10,000+ acre lake. The fish were staging in the creeks and fingers in preparation to move up into their classic spawning areas. Beautiful place though...lots of potential. Pics to come.

"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

gdm phil
SHARKER

Re: NC Carping 4/23-4/25

Post by gdm phil »

nice pics! might have to frame 1 or 2
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”