Myrtle Beach

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Myrtle Beach

Post by kyfisherman »

I am inquiring on in some information of those of you who may have fished the myrtle beach area from the surf or pier. I am going down I beleive August 17 - 20 just for a quick getaway and am looking to know what could be biting at that time and if anyone could offer any advice.

joejankees
Fisher

braided line and bridge gaff

Post by joejankees »

I haven't fished there myself, but my fishing buddy (brother in law) has fished on the pier there and told me that the pier is somewhere from 30 to 50 feet from the water at the end. If this is true you may want to use 50 to 60 feet of a 50 or 60lb braided line at the end of your spool so you can get the fish up. He told me it was great fishing but even better ambiance.

I can't tell you if he is correct about the elevation of the pier. He is a fisherman, therefore he exagerates!

Good luck.
Joejankees
fishing builds bridges, mends wounds, purifies the soul and yet is for everyone!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: braided line and bridge gaff

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

joejankees wrote: He is a fisherman, therefore he exagerates!
Gotta love those fisherman you never know what your getting yourself in for. LOL

I tell people all the time that the only way to cook a Moonfish is a toaster "POP-MOON" similar to a "POP-TART" and I always forget to tell them I am jokeing. LOL

I always wonder how many try it
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

What! :shock: now i know where to send my toaster to get repairs... :wink:
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

fishinginohio
Fisher

Post by fishinginohio »

try going a litle bit north if you can get there! oak island nc 2-3 piers close together. not to far from north myrtle. try long beach fishing pier i have fished it. flounder kings bluefish spanish mack and shark at night use fresh or live shrimp pretty good fishing to theres another pier about 2-3 miles from this one. if you have a cast net take it and go to the small intercostal when you cross over to the island a catch all the shrimp you want as the incoming tide is starting to come in and hit the pier!pier is high but i dont think its 50 -60 more like 30-40 maybe
TIGHTLINES AND GOOD FISHING!!! HANG ON FIRM GRIP

onepierrat
Fisher

dont think its that tall

Post by onepierrat »

that is one tall pier if that is true. Fished up there a few times i think 20 to 30 ft would be more like it. We have a pier at folly beach and it is only 20 at low tide, does look higher though. Just make sure you have a good rope gaff. Have fun and catch fish

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”