Targeting Tautog

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
Stickalip
Fisher

Targeting Tautog

Post by Stickalip »

Anybody getting into Tog's? They are here in good numbers now and October they get big. They are easy to catch fight like hell and are delicious! Whats nice about tog is they come in close, well within casting range. As long as there's rock you'll find tautog.

This is last years tog on Columbus day

linh
KING MACKEREL

Re: Targeting Tautog

Post by linh »

Aren't those caught in the northeast?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Here in S FL, you can catch sheepshead not tautog

Stickalip
Fisher

Post by Stickalip »

Yeah, that's why it was posted in the 'Outside Florida-NewEngland area' topic. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone is heading this way and wants to fish NE this time of year.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

I remember fishing for them when I lived up your way (NY/Conn) but we called them "Blackfish".... also target striper/blues and flounders....do you guys still catch those monster
eels... :nilly: But to be honest I been down here so long that if I try to fish in that weather up there.... I would quit :mrgreen: We're okay in nasty weather but nasty and COLD...
That's it I'm outta there LOL... hey post some pictures and reports.. I love reading/seeing pictures on how its going up there :toast:

Return to “New England Area”