Good ending

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Good ending

Post by SD2 »

I got my PB common at 20 lbs 9 oz, caught the 23rd

This is my 3rd trip in the now fixed chair, the other 2 trips yielded nada.

Caught over 40 carp this year but most between 12 and 17, incredible day of weather to be out and bonus 20 to boot, good to finish my carp season strong :dude:
"Game fish are too valuable to only be caught once."

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Good ending

Post by fishnfool73 »

Great pictures and you had a great season. Now you have to break out an auger to fish so don't bother head baack down here for the winter.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

:stupid:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SD2 »

fishnfool73 wrote:Great pictures and you had a great season. Now you have to break out an auger to fish so don't bother head baack down here for the winter.
I thought i was staying up here this winter at one point but the oil slick stayed far enough away for now. Don't worry, i usually fish when you all are in the house with the heater on. :happyfisherman:

lordhell
Fisher

Post by lordhell »

Nice fish, keep'em coming!

robc22

Post by robc22 »

Nice carp......Great hat............ :D

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Those a very big carp. :toast: Looks like your fishing in a very urban area from the looks of the background.

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

nice carp.

what kind of bait do you use to fish for them? My goto was always doughballs made from shredded wheat.

SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SD2 »

Wild whiskey anise maize on a hair rig. They like the alcohol corn in cold water.

JDL
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JDL »

SD2 wrote:Wild whiskey anise maize on a hair rig. They like the alcohol corn in cold water.
So whisky warms them up too, lol. Nice fish man...I fished carp for years and never broke the 20lb mark...congrats!
Image Image Image

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Those a very big carp. :toast: Looks like your fishing in a very urban area from the looks of the background.
I'm thinking the more urban sections of the Charles River (???) I fish an area near the Watertown area where the bottom seems paved with carp (no bread chumming required - just throw your bait out there and wait 5-10 minutes)...I fish this particular area because it's also a zone where stripers come up into the freshwater stretches of the Charles while chasing herring...so while the action is down for stripers, I keep a bait rod rigged for the carp as well...that's a nice carp, btw

SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SD2 »

Albacized wrote:
Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Those a very big carp. :toast: Looks like your fishing in a very urban area from the looks of the background.
I'm thinking the more urban sections of the Charles River (???) I fish an area near the Watertown area where the bottom seems paved with carp (no bread chumming required - just throw your bait out there and wait 5-10 minutes)...I fish this particular area because it's also a zone where stripers come up into the freshwater stretches of the Charles while chasing herring...so while the action is down for stripers, I keep a bait rod rigged for the carp as well...that's a nice carp, btw
Merrimack in Lowell, thanks Alba, are you on the NEF site?
How was the striper run there in watertown last spring? Herring run?

I hope the merrimack is better for stripers this year, was bad for me last year. :nopity:

Return to “New England Area”