fishing law

You will find info on tackle and types of set ups and rigs that we have discussed here in the forum.
claudio61
Fisher

fishing law

Post by claudio61 »

hello, can some one tell me if is a limit of rod you can use and a limit of hook on the line when is fishing from the beach?
and if some one know a good place beside your great pier will be grate

bolo
USER BANNED

Re: fishing law

Post by bolo »

claudio61 wrote:hello, can some one tell me if is a limit of rod you can use and a limit of hook on the line when is fishing from the beach?
On the beach there should be no limit but just use common sense. Piers on the other hand do have limits on how many rods allow. It is best to call ahead to find out. As for multi hooks per line, I believe on a Pompano or Chicken rig the limit is 3 hooks. Can someone confirm this please?
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

I don't think there is any limit on how many hooks can be on a pompano or chicken rig, after all, they are just oversized sabiki rigs.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I think it is 10 hooks by law
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

I couldn't find the rule but you can call the local DLE office to be sure.

Recreational Gear
Additional regional gear restrictions may apply in your county. Call the local DLE offices listed here.
South Region
Miami, 305-956-2500
West Palm Beach, 561-625-5122
Jupiter, 561-624-6935
Read more: http://www.floridasportsman.com/regs/#ixzz1FUN4ei00
Hook-and-Line Gear

Hook-and-line anglers must tend their gear at all times to prevent people, marine life, and shore life from becoming entangled in the line or injured by the hook. Also, it is against the law to intentionally discard any monofilament netting or line into or onto state waters. Monofilament line can entangle birds, marine mammals, marine turtles, and fish, often injuring or killing them.
Read more: http://www.floridasportsman.com/regs/#ixzz1FUMrTA8u

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

It's gotta be more than 6-7 hooks since some sabikis have this much. But either way i dont think anyone would be able to cast with 10 hooks very far :wink:

claudio61
Fisher

Post by claudio61 »

thanks to all of you very helpfull

Swebob
Fisher

Post by Swebob »

bolo wrote:
claudio61 wrote:hello, can some one tell me if is a limit of rod you can use and a limit of hook on the line when is fishing from the beach?
On the beach there should be no limit but just use common sense. Piers on the other hand do have limits on how many rods allow. It is best to call ahead to find out. As for multi hooks per line, I believe on a Pompano or Chicken rig the limit is 3 hooks. Can someone confirm this please?

I was at Anglin a few years back and the FWC came out on the pier and while checking tackle he made everone cut a hook off the 3 hook pompano rig..

Return to “Tackle Help”