2013 Mullet & Fall Run South Florida Area Reports--RIP Zebco

This area is by invitation ONLY --- Ask me if your not able to view
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: 2013 Mullet & Fall Run South Florida Area Reports--RIP Z

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Have not seen any mullet or bait all week and weekend, there is a crap load of GoGs though.

If this Blow does not give us something ----we have issues Houston
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Hit Lloyd park today. Same as last weekend, small, scattered schools in the creek and nothing that wants to eat them.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

The only thing that is worrying me to be completely honest is that the guys up in SI are claiming that all the mullet have moved south... Now, lets be analytical, the last few times I have gone up the pier the current has been moving NORTH, this is no bueno, we want a southerly current, the stronger the better... With these two factors, I would think they may have been moving south, just staying a bit more offshore?

The predators will be here, there is no question about it, however, if they do not have an abundance of food their instinct is to keep moving south till they find something. I have not gotten out much, so I do not know how the back country is, or ENP (Flamingo). Also, how is the west coast? Even though the influence is minimal there, it gives you a general idea of what the forces behind the run south are doing.

-swordfish

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

I'll be heading out to the pier in a bit. Will let you guys know if I see any pods. Here the size of one of the pods from yesterday from lake worth pier.

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I'm afraid that if the run does pick up again (although I think it's highly unlikely), the snook will have all gone inside already. Last week I fished twice when conditions looked perfect and couldn't buy a bite. It was a far cry from the action I usually get there on live mullet. Tarpon are always around miami so I'm not worried about them.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Oh for sure brother, if you want snook now you gotta head inland. You will still catch them everywhere else, but they wont be stacking... That being said, I have caught them in KEY WEST when it was very cold everywhere else up north, however the water down there tends to remain warmer.

-swordfish

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Any thoughts for the weekend or should I take the kids to the rodeo?

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Go to the rodeo. Unless you are going to fish from the pier it looks pretty rough.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

^X2. I was at the dania pier yesterday and today. Rodeo will be more fun with the kids
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Slammer wrote:Any thoughts for the weekend or should I take the kids to the rodeo?
I was at the rodeo last night. Get the fried chicken on a stick.

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Mullet pods on SoBe today with big blues, snook and poons on em. My buddy was fishing while I was at work and he landed a bunch of blues, slot snooks and jumped a tarpon. He said the fish were there on Sat too. I'd fish tomorrow if I wasn't working early.

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Fished Lloyd park today. The creek was empty but there was a large pod in the ICW. They were hangin' in deeper water, but I still managed to bag a dozen 10-12"ers. Didn't have time to fish so they got brined and frozen.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Had a jigunda school of mullet swim through Pompano Pier yesterday. They were all nice fatties, maybe two pounds each. We saw them way ahead of time and about 30 guys set up on the north side with rods at the ready. Visions of bluefish, snook, tarpon, shark, jacks were running through everyone's brains. A couple guys tried snatch hooks but failed. Don't know why. So when they got to the pier, there was NOTHING working the school. They were just cruising by without a care in the world. So, we watched and watched for any sign or explosion in the water. None. It took maybe 20 minutes for the whole group to pass through, heading south. Finally, when they were out of casting range, a flock of about 25 pelicans gathered and assaulted them. What a hell of an air show that was. Where are the predators?
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

WetWillie wrote:Had a jigunda school of mullet swim through Pompano Pier yesterday. They were all nice fatties, maybe two pounds each. We saw them way ahead of time and about 30 guys set up on the north side with rods at the ready. Visions of bluefish, snook, tarpon, shark, jacks were running through everyone's brains. A couple guys tried snatch hooks but failed. Don't know why. So when they got to the pier, there was NOTHING working the school. They were just cruising by without a care in the world. So, we watched and watched for any sign or explosion in the water. None. It took maybe 20 minutes for the whole group to pass through, heading south. Finally, when they were out of casting range, a flock of about 25 pelicans gathered and assaulted them. What a hell of an air show that was. Where are the predators?
wow....well at least you saw mullet...lol....I saw nothing Tuesday north of you..in south palm

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Anyone out there at Anglins or round about please report... I'm headed up there!

-swordfish

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Still plenty of mullet in the ICW at Lloyd. One cast got me all the bait I needed for today, especially considering how crappy the bite was.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Bait, you would have more than likely done better if you fished where you found the mullet bud ;-) Just a heads up!

-swordfish

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

I did...it still sucked.

Return to “Florida Fishing Runs Fall and Spring”