What south florida fishing pier has the most action

Help to add helpful posts on catching specific species.
rprieto1217
Fisher

What south florida fishing pier has the most action

Post by rprieto1217 »

Looking for suggestions ?

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Re: What south florida fishing pier has the most action

Post by Xpierrat »

The one with the fish..... now as much as you think I am being a smart a$$.... I am serious..... every pier from Daina to Juno have great fishing on any given day and absolutely nothing on another day and they can be back to back days....

So there is no answer.... some are better for say snapper and some are better for say Kings and some are just better to fish cause of who hangs out there....
Rick

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

True wisdom! It all comes down to what time of the year, weather, time of day, as well as tide... THEN dumb luck! I will say this though... Most people try and cast AWAY from the pier... However it is the pier itself that attracts fish ;-)

-swordfish

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

The saying is "timing is everything" you can hit Juno the day after they landed 60 macs and get skunked. You can be cobia sight fishing and get to Lake Worth at 11am and they tell you the bus went by at 8am then you spend the next 8 hours watching the water and not one cast comes your way. You can be on the pier and nobody is getting hit and you keep your bait in the water another 2 hours and land a porgie the size of a vw or get that one mutton that nobody thought would bite.
The best spot is where your at and fish that until you leave. Don't complain about the lack of, use different set-ups and lures and baits and fish it till you leave. You might get the fish nobody else thought was there or would hit because of lack of activity.
Change your tactics and you can change your luck... or at least you gave it your best shot. Learn new set-ups, ways to deliver bait and presentations. Fish the top- middle- bottom- live bait-shrimp- under the pier, in the trough, out from the "T" in the rocks. In-coming- outgoing and slack. Then you can hit into the usual suspects and come out with a surprise every now and then. So, the best spot is where your at, make the most of it. IMHO

rprieto1217
Fisher

Post by rprieto1217 »

Thank you guy's for advise. I am basically new to pier fishing and believe me I need the help and welcome it! Great idea regarding switching up the game plan with bait and set up.

Thank for the help!

ez2cdave
Fisher

Post by ez2cdave »

"You should have been here yesterday" . . . I have heard those words, SO MANY times, over the years - LOL !

full-cooler
Seasoned Fisher

Post by full-cooler »

Deerfield pier ...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

full-cooler wrote:Deerfield pier ...
what's going on? :shock:

Return to “Snapper Info”