Fishing Pier Chatter Board

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
gimlihands
Fisher

Re: Fishing Pier Chatter Board

Post by gimlihands »

I am having such intense fish envy right now! I won't be able to make it down to the area until August, but every fiber of my being is aching to have a fishing rod in my hand on any one of the piers!!! I am going fishing this weekend on a lake here in KY but after saltwater, I feel so spoiled (dolphin pwn blue gills). Everyone thinks I'm crazy for booking a trip during the peak of hurricane season, but last year after a big tropical storm, I swear the fish at Deerfield were practically jumping onto the pier. To be stuck inside after a few days of rain for a day of fishing like we had (first grouper!) is so worth it!
I hope you all know how lucky you are! A bad day of fishing beats being landlocked!

Tight lines to you all! :reeling:
**"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson**
TEAM BORDERLINE 11

BigBoiFishing
With skills like these "Who needs a boat"

Post by BigBoiFishing »

gimlihands wrote:I am having such intense fish envy right now! I won't be able to make it down to the area until August, but every fiber of my being is aching to have a fishing rod in my hand on any one of the piers!!! I am going fishing this weekend on a lake here in KY but after saltwater, I feel so spoiled (dolphin pwn blue gills). Everyone thinks I'm crazy for booking a trip during the peak of hurricane season, but last year after a big tropical storm, I swear the fish at Deerfield were practically jumping onto the pier. To be stuck inside after a few days of rain for a day of fishing like we had (first grouper!) is so worth it!
I hope you all know how lucky you are! A bad day of fishing beats being landlocked!

Amen. :ying:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

gimlihands wrote:I am having such intense fish envy right now! I won't be able to make it down to the area until August, but every fiber of my being is aching to have a fishing rod in my hand on any one of the piers!!! I am going fishing this weekend on a lake here in KY but after saltwater, I feel so spoiled (dolphin pwn blue gills). Everyone thinks I'm crazy for booking a trip during the peak of hurricane season, but last year after a big tropical storm, I swear the fish at Deerfield were practically jumping onto the pier. To be stuck inside after a few days of rain for a day of fishing like we had (first grouper!) is so worth it!

yes i do i thank god thanks for reminder tho :thumleft:

gimlihands
Fisher

Post by gimlihands »

rebel33i wrote:

Trust me i lived in Ohio for a year there is never a day that goes by i take for granted. Sounds like you have definitely caught the :reeling: bug
I do! I blame my brother, Donard aka Deez Nuts on tha forum. He's got me hooked!
**"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson**
TEAM BORDERLINE 11

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

WTG!
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

BigBoiFishing
With skills like these "Who needs a boat"

Post by BigBoiFishing »

StyngRay wrote:WTG!
Whats up dawg? Where you been? :shock:

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Won't be long before natural bait overcomes the silly idea that arti's are needed.
Clean your reels and change line if needed...
The bait is out there... keep them alive and use them.

If fishing from shoreline, make sure you have a current permit these days.

tight lines. :patriot:
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Weather etc...

Post by StyngRay »

ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

SurvivorMan
Weekend Warrior

Post by SurvivorMan »

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

that first video is at Juno just to let you know.

sight fisher 131
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sight fisher 131 »

Anyone fish juno? I think its pretty good theres been kings and permit around.
zzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzz FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

inshore fishing will be at it's best before the slicks ruin everything.
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Jwright1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Jwright1 »

Where in KY?

I'm from Bowling Green.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

accuweather.com is s@yihg tomorrow is @ gre@t dy to fish... do i trust this with the wihd E @ 16 mph?? gusts of 31. tlk to me fell@s

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Has anyone had luck fishing a live shrimp without using a socket? :scratch:
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

clarence2society wrote:accuweather.com is s@yihg tomorrow is @ gre@t dy to fish... do i trust this with the wihd E @ 16 mph?? gusts of 31. tlk to me fell@s
Could be, Ya never know. it should turn on any day. could be today. make sure you have plenty of weight's with you. East wind tend's to produce big waves by shore. Wind finder is calling for 21 sustained by 7:00 AM. That's a bit of a breeze, but fishable.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Hey all, I'm finally back in town after three months landlocked in the midwest. :mad: Any fish to catch? :scratch:
I'm on a need to know basis before I wear my NIKE's and drink Kool-Aid. Comet Hale-Bopp is on the way. :nilly:
:study: bait...target...fun? :study:
The last promising reports were three weeks ago.
#nothingnew?
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

rob762 wrote:
StyngRay wrote:Hey all, I'm finally back in town after three months landlocked in the midwest. :mad: Any fish to catch? :scratch:
I'm on a need to know basis before I wear my NIKE's and drink Kool-Aid. Comet Hale-Bopp is on the way. :nilly:
:study: bait...target...fun? :study:
The last promising reports were three weeks ago.
#nothingnew?
The last 10 days or so have been slow after the "great MAC blitz" that all of Broward enjoyed.
You guys caught them all, I think there's only 3 or 4 left :mrgreen:
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

The last 10 days or so have been slow after the "great MAC blitz" that all of Broward enjoyed.[/quote]

You guys caught them all, I think there's only 3 or 4 left :mrgreen:[/quote]
Minor correction - we caught the dumb ones. The others stayed in school and learned to cut us off whilst showing us the middle fin....[/quote]

Minor correction to the minor correction, there were robot clone mackeral made by yozuri ant rapala to increase their sales!

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

jettypark28 wrote:Also what areas of the pier do you believe catch more fish??
I hear that there are BIG macks at Juno!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) Of all time.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

SnapperSnatcher
Old Salt

Post by SnapperSnatcher »

i heard big crockers o boy!!! cant wait
''Bobster The Lobster''

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

We just had a Fullmoon, will the fishing be better in the morning or evenings? Either way, I'll fish dawn patrol and/or sunset, I can only pick one. :study:
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) The middle of the beginning of light or the beginning of the end of the day before it starts.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

Return to “Broward County”