Mullet Run 2020 Mullet Migration lets go fishing in florida

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Mullet Run 2020 Mullet Migration lets go fishing in florida

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thought I would post a thread so anyone that would like to post what they are seeing the next 2 months could and others could ask questions here.

Jacksonville to Miami
You do not have to give your exact location just county and what you see when at the shore.

Thanks in advance

Mullet run should get going soon, some think a little later than usual, I think all depends on the storms that may or may not go the right way and give them a hard push down we are going to see.

Been a couple of days here in broward with a lot of bonitas "beau coup" that means end of summer.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Mullet Run 2020 Mullet Migration lets go fishing in florida

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Today (Sun) - winds changed from light SW to W to strong NE
Tonight - NE to 15 knots
Tomorrow (Mon) - NE to 25 knots, gusts to 30
Tue - ENE to 20 knots, gusts to 25
Wed - E to 15 knots, gusts to 20
Thur & Fri - ESE to 15 knots, gusts to 20

Tommy - Knowing that this week will see our first NE blow of Sep, if you had to guess which day would be your best bet for bending a rod at Anglins, which of the above days would you guess? Is it too early to expect much given this is our first NE wind front of the season, or could it go off? Got my eye on Tue.

BoatlessFisherman

bigyellowtuna wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 pm
Today (Sun) - winds changed from light SW to W to strong NE
Tonight - NE to 15 knots
Tomorrow (Mon) - NE to 25 knots, gusts to 30
Tue - ENE to 20 knots, gusts to 25
Wed - E to 15 knots, gusts to 20
Thur & Fri - ESE to 15 knots, gusts to 20

Tommy - Knowing that this week will see our first NE blow of Sep, if you had to guess which day would be your best bet for bending a rod at Anglins, which of the above days would you guess? Is it too early to expect much given this is our first NE wind front of the season, or could it go off? Got my eye on Tue.

Sad that the pier is only partially open that will make this year so much fun for the run, even if you still choose to fish you will have every jackass on top of you as soon as you catch a fish no where for them to go.

Good luck out there

I would pick
Tues !
It is still early though

Water will possibly murk up today and then clean up later today setting up tues as being maybe better.

Mullet are moving and that than tells me probably juvu pomps or at least 3 to 6 pound Permits maybe I have caught many in sept.

Also another fish we see in september is Kings - Keepers use a trolly with live bait or a med to large hard bait

If tee was open I would say prepare for some snapper but it is not open you can get them around the middle house but not like the tee. Day break would be the best time for muttons.

Everyone I will post an update as to mullet and what I have heard or have seen the last week later today.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Massive school came through Broward on Wed. Still small schools coming through here and there. Next big blow we have expect a massive run to come through. Lots of snook tarpon blues sharks and ladyfish mixed in.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BoatlessFisherman

fishnfool73 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:20 am
Massive school came through Broward on Wed. Still small schools coming through here and there. Next big blow we have expect a massive run to come through. Lots of snook tarpon blues sharks and ladyfish mixed in.
Hey Chris nice to see you around (tommy
-Tommy A-

BoatlessFisherman

Yep, expect to see some the next few days.

numerous small pods and a Decent school went by Juno I expect that one to be here around Thursday always hard to tell how long but average is 3 to 5 days and always liked the 4th day its all on the wind and current.

Lots of fingers in the canals off of the Intercoastal waterway here in broward last few days.

Wind looks right for Friday - Saturday wish it would blow just a bit harder.

Get ready :reeling:
-Tommy A-

chumbucket1
Fisher

Post by chumbucket1 »

Jacks and snook on the finger mullet in the Palm Beach Intracoastal the last few days. Dawn patrol.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

ended up going this past Friday (Anglins). 1 12in mutton snapper, 1 bluefish, 3 for 30 on ladyfish, 2 sharks, l mack lost on the flip, 2 or 3 baby pompano. Can't argue with that variety.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Fishing was tough today but persevered. Two bluefish (one of them lost to worn line on the flip) and a snook on bottom rig w live sand perch. Sabiki brought sand perch, croaker, 2 juvenile bonefish, 2 juvenile permit. And a jig produced a blue runner.
Water color was brownish / olive greenish perhaps from rain runoff.

sabirniqs
Fisher

Post by sabirniqs »

Fishing was tough today but persevered. Two bluefish (one of them lost to worn line on the flip) and a snook on bottom rig w live sand perch. Sabiki brought sand perch, croaker, 2 juvenile bonefish, 2 juvenile permit. And a jig produced a blue runner.

Return to “Broward County”