Pompano migration?

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
hugehail
Fisher

Pompano migration?

Post by hugehail »

This seems like a bad sping for Ponpano. When are things going to pick up? We are expected to have east to northeast winds from
Sunday through next week. I know that southeast is a better wind for pomps but will east to northeast bring any in?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Pompano migration?

Post by fishnfool73 »

Don't know where you've bee fishing but bites been great. Spring migration is coming to a close quickly.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

at Anglins they don't seem to bite unless water is stirred up with a SE wind. Those conditions have been almost non existent this spring and there have been zero weekend days like that. Hopefully things turn around soon.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Ummmm, there hasnt been your typical consistent april SE winds, but theres been enough to take advantage. Just last week there was a SE blow..guess you missed it

hugehail
Fisher

Post by hugehail »

I caught a couple at Dania pier. Ive spent most of my time father north in the surf in martin county and have done fairly well. But I havent had good pier action yet.
Come to a close soon? I dont know about that. My research shows that the pompano usually bite through all of April and there are even some good days through May 10 and even later than that if the winds are right That was by looking at dauy fishing reports from the Palm Beach posts from the 30s through the 70s. I collected about 5000 reports. Learned a lot. But I havent lived down here and fished that much so I dont have the experience youall have. I leave April 15th so I hope this is a good week It will be too rough to fish the surf, I think

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Loaded up on fleas today, plan on giving the Pomps a try tomorrow. My experience is they will bite thru the month of April at least for broward, but come the first week of May or so they move further north. The beginning of May Juno still has a decent bite however.
Fish Crazy

Return to “Broward County”