Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2013 to 2022 "ONLY REPORTS"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2013 to 2022 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the Reports :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

dmiles312
Fisher

Re: Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2013 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by dmiles312 »

Am I the only one who checks this forum or what???

Anyway, the wife and I got to pier Friday around 5:00 pm and it was quite windy out of the NE and then calm down around HT (6:30). Not much coming over the rail until about 8 pm. A guy showed up with his family and deep sea rod and hung a balloon rig with a frozen mackerel that he caught in Juno, let about 2 yds out and waited about 15 minutes . We could not see the balloon anymore but man did that reel scream. Turned out to be a nice 4ft. Black tip that took him 15 mins to get in. People took their pics and we cut him loose. During all that commotion, a guy behind us hooked up on a 24" Snook and pulled him over right into the cooler. Didn't see him for the rest of the night. I pulled a nice 20" Blue fish over and a couple of lady fish. Bait was thick, but they stayed away from the pier.
I plan on going back this Sunday during the afternoon and try my luck .

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

im usually out there, but been real busy with school and work. Might try this weekend though. what kind of wait were you catching?
just remember, fishing is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

dmiles312
Fisher

Post by dmiles312 »

Any reports? :?: :?: :?: :?:

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

not a report, but if you want to contribute any input to pier renovations, here is a link

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/show ... -Read-This

nschaff20
Fisher

Post by nschaff20 »

Fished Deerfield Pier today from about 3:00 - 5:30, nice weather and small crowd which made it very enjoyable.

Reports at the bait shop said todays catch consisted of of pompano and blue runners which seemed correct, I saw multiple people all pulling up pomps during the time I was there. A lot of needle fish out there too today. I didn't make out with much, decided to go for the pomps another time so I fished the middle part of the pier aiming for blues/spanish macs. I caught one blue runner and a blue parrot fish on a 3 hook pompano rig tipped with frozen shrimp but the blues stopped biting right when I got there. No luck with the macs either. There was also a guy there who had probably a 3 foot long cooler absolutely JAMMED with pompano/blues/and a few jacks. Most people were using jigs for the pomps pretty close to shore.

Seemed like it was ready to turn up right when I was about to leave :cry: . The pomps are there and the blues were running like crazy up until 3 ish.

-N
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reeling:
-N

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

anyone been out there lately? is the T still closed? is there any bait? trying to decide if i should try one of the other piers this weekend. havent fished in awhile because of surgery

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

thanks for the info. Is that july, construction starts? or has it started and that should be when its estimated to be done.

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

planning on fishing either friday night or saturday morning, anyone else going out?

soflafisher185
Fisher

Post by soflafisher185 »

has there been any bait showing up at deerfield pier recently?

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

Bait everywhere i was trying to catch some but i couldnt keep the mahi off my sabiki

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

:uplol:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

update on the construction- construction is under way and the director of public events said the fourth of july fireworks will be from the end of pier. should mean it should be open for by then, if not shortly after. looks like alot of the planking has been replaced already, just the south corner and railins to be redone.

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

fished last night from 6-11pm. no bait at the pier had to get some sardines at the inlet. didnt see too much. occasional runners or small snapper on squid. waited till the sun went down then started snapper fishing. Had a couple quick hits but dropped baits. did manage to pull a grover from under the pier. wayyy too many people out there just to see the moon.

update on the construction, all the planking looks done and the supports for the railings are starting to go up. word is it should be done July 1.

Ralph
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ralph »

Looks like the T is now open

http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/webcams/ ... sou001.jpg

double click on the photo and it will zoom in.

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

good to hear! thanks for the update

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

fished a few days this week.

sunday - water was very dirty, not really any bait and didnt see anything caught really.

tuesday - water was a bit better, bait was there until the late afternoon. Gogs, runners, and cigar minnows. heard a king was caught in the morning, a few bonnies as well. there was a pretty big lemon shark caught shortly after i got there. a couple macs, and another bonito. stayed till 9 and nothing much happened once the sun went down.

wednesday - water was alot better, plenty of bait. gogs, sardines, pilchards, and cigs. runners everywhere. i caught a cuda shortly after getting there, and another was caught a bit later. caught a couple short mangroves before the sun went down. then it got slow for awhile until someone caught a nice snook. they got some pics then released it. as the sun was going down i went back to snapper fishing and had a nice hit that broke me off after a few minutes.
A bit later i had something nail a trolleyed sand perch. it hit fast and i couldnt stop it. it was still pulling line and then suddenly went slack and saw something jump out in the distance. i got cut off above my wire.

it was great to fish again now that they fixed the pier

johnzabeasts
Fisher

Post by johnzabeasts »

Thanks for the report! Was the bait out far or could you have got it off of the sand with a net? I haven't fished the pier but I guess this is worth mentioning: the last week or two I have been walking the beach with either my fly rod or a light spinning rod with an artificial late in the afternoon, I've had a couple small snook all on the spinning rod, no luck with the fly rod. But as I was walking I didn't see any bait besides a couple small schools of pilchards one day but that was it. Just wondering if the bait is there in better numbers now because in previous years from what I can recall, bait was pretty easy to get all through out summer on the beach.

johnzabeasts
Fisher

Post by johnzabeasts »

I forgot to mention that the beach was the beach just south of the pier. That adds a bit of relevance to my post haha.

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

bait was up around the middle and Tee.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I am looking for some Tugas bait for next week.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

mattasunman
Fisher

Post by mattasunman »

Went out there yesterday morning. There was bait around the middle of pier to the T. I saw one king caught, a couple Bonitos, and one tarpon. Some Snooks were being caught also. There were also some macs and a ton of bluerunnners

mattasunman
Fisher

Post by mattasunman »

Went out there around 10:00 this morning. Caught some good size macs, blue runners, and good size bonita. I heard some people caught some bluefish and macs in the morning but didnt hear about anything else being caught

HMLHMLHML
Fisher

Post by HMLHMLHML »

Went out 6-9:30, runners everywhere, a couple bonita caught at the t. There were medium to large google eyes on the north side, couldn't catch one to save my life. Tried bugs from anglers green/yellow, orange/yellow with no luck. Even borrowed a jig from a guy catching them and still couldn't get one.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

what kind of jig was it?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Great :cheers:
I have a lot of them...

Fishnut
Fisher

Post by Fishnut »

Spent some time fishing in Deerfield Friday night 7 - 12. The wind kept us in the ICW but we had some fish show up the beginning of the outgoing. Had one tarpon break us off, but nothing landed.
Hit the beach this morning and found a bunch of small pompano, kept trying but no keepers..

-Fishnut

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

bite was on fire yesterday Image
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

fiveeight
Fisher

Post by fiveeight »