Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013 to 2021 "ONLY REPORTS"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013-14-15 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by HJared »

Marabou no one uses the other type.

sweetmerlin
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sweetmerlin »

Thanks for the reply Jared.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I'll toss in my 2 to help our little Merlin character with the upcoming Mac attack. My favorite set up is (don't know exactly what you call it) a clear plastic bobber (that could be filled with water for depth if you want) followed by 38 1/2" leader to a white crappy jig. You can get a great toss and the retrieve is a guaranteed producer. All the serious mac chasers use it.

Beyond that just watch the action. Easy to see what's working. If it's gotchas .........Hopefully it's everything and anything you throw.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

IceBoy
Fisher

Post by IceBoy »

How would the fishn be during thanksgiving week, thinking of trying for some pomps and maybe a Mack or 2

Thx

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Pomps are not too reliable this time of year....more luck involved than if fishing for them in april in my opinion...and they can be on the small side. You can usually count on some macks being around if the water is not flat calm.

sweetmerlin
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sweetmerlin »

Hey Kingofthesea,

Thanks for the additional info. That's the setup I used when I was fishing in Senegal as a teenager. There, people used to call it "floaters" and it came in two varieties.. the one in clear plastic that you can fill with water which I think you are describing and the other was a kind of a heavy duty mesh or hard sponge ball.. When you retrieve the line, those "floaters" splash the top water and mimic predatory attack on a school of little sardines.. Tunas, trouts, jacks and macks often come investigate and get caught on the hook which was rigged with one-two inches of white rooster or chicken feather.. to come to think of it.. it mimicked the Marabou jig. A poor man's version was the tennis ball and worked quite well too.. LOL (seriously). Anyhow, from your description, it seems this setup is working very well so I might give it a try one of these days. For Mack fishing though, I have spoons, gotchas and jigs at the ready =D

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

In the past Turkey day is a busy day for people and the fishing is normally very good that day also from past years. I know this because I miss that day every year because I am with my Family and have yet to ever fish on that day and I am on the phone with them every year finding out what I am missing.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Any reports since this wind started?

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

i will be out friday morning i think... and fish the entire day.... unless i get a wild bug to drive to the keys and fish the entire day, but im sure ill probably stay local

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Water was torrential this morning, waves were busting in between the planks and soaking the ones who decided to stay. A lot of people picked off blues with spoons and a few got them on trolleys or bottom baits. I don't think I saw any mackerels come over and bait was hard to come by. A fellow did catch ballyhoo during the night and used that for the day.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to getting out there in the wind.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Slow steady pick of bluefish this morning. They were only hitting cut bait except for one that I almost got on a jig, but he was swimming toward me and I couldnt get a good hookset. Also caught two baby macks early on. Saw one keeper mack on a spoon. Baby pomps were hitting fleas but not goofy jigs. Also caught a big rabbitfish. Blues were hitting from just outside the breaking waves to after the middle hut. Best to use at least a 3 oz pyramid sinker as the waves were pushing 6 ft.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Got out there like around 7 ish and left at 1pm..got a Spanish mack, around 6 blues and a 2 lb pomp that I gave to my friend..waves were crashing early, but calmed a bit noon came around..t was closed but opened after noon. Water color was good, but blues were the only thing biting until the raid of sharks pushed thru..also got a pretty large sized bonnethead..all in all, not a bad day out there.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That sure was some heavy wind you guys were in yesterday. I think going just a little farther north would pay off for fish. the parking and entrance entry fees would offset your gas to go to Deerfield or farther.
But I know it's fisherman we sometimes want to go to a specific spot without regard to where the fishing is better. I don't know if that is a mistake since it's all about our state of mind or the level of challenge we are looking for.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Honestly, I've never been to any pier north of anglins..just too far of a drive for me, but maybe I just need to stop being lazy...lol...the parking at anglins needs to be reduced bigtime, cuz it's ridiculous, but I guess it limits the amount of googans..but 10 bucks for 4 hrs is not cool!

IceBoy
Fisher

Post by IceBoy »

Was at the pier today from 7-10. Waves were 7 ft and wind was 10-20 mph. The pompanos were biting early on banana jigs, and only banana jigs. Did I mention that they were all 8-10 inches? Of course ppl there kept them. Not much else except for googans catching pinfish and a couple small spanish Mack's . It was 70 degrees and a beautiful day to be on the water!

Tight lines :reeling:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

dude if you see that goin on you call fwc or bso immediately... and or tel the person at bait house the ppl will be reckoned with

IceBoy
Fisher

Post by IceBoy »

I should have , next time I will do just that

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Iceboy ........ Thanks for the report. IMO just tell Tommy's people at the entrance and they will take care of it without you getting involved. In fact, it's better that way. Tommy's the sheriff, it's his town and he's committed to eliminating that crap from going on. Let the losers find out, Anglins is just not that kind of place anymore.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

I saw they added signs related what to do if hooking a bird or turtle....can't remember exactly, but why not add a sign near the middle hut showing size limits for the most common catches, i.e. smacks, pomps, bluefish, snapper. If the sign is in their faces, maybe they will think twice about breaking the rules. This past Friday the asian guy slaying the bluefish tried to persuade me to let him have my baby spanish mack. Had to repeat that it was too small a couple times and then explain the size limit before he relented reluctantly. He obviously would have kept it if on the other end of his line.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

I was there...yup they hammered the blues... I was the guy with the "you mad bro" shirt..lol...I could tell they didn't give a hood about bag limit or size.. I got a small pomp and they looked at me as if I were crazy. I think the rec bag limit idea posted on the huts or tables would be a nice idea....

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:I was there...yup they hammered the blues... I was the guy with the "you mad bro" shirt..lol...I could tell they didn't give a hood about bag limit or size.. I got a small pomp and they looked at me as if I were crazy. I think the rec bag limit idea posted on the huts or tables would be a nice idea....
Posting the regs would be pointless overall. That group knows better but doesn't care and acts ignorant regardless. I've reached into coolers and buckets and released short fish for poachers who didn't get it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

I'd get a laugh outta watching you pull short fish out of their coolers and tossing em over...lol....if anything, I'd back you up if it came to it.. ;)

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

no reports = lots of fish? Not when I was there this past weekend. Conditions seemed good with huge seas and an ENE wind, but fish did not get the memo. Did not see a single quality fish come up during my 3 hrs, and I left just as it began to rain. I made the most of it and managed 3 black margates (my firsts) and threw back a few baby lane snappers ...all on my bait rod... and lost a blue runner on a gotcha. For those that say black margates are not good eating, perhaps they are mistaking chubs for black margates....tasted fine to me albeit they have low yield and I would not keep them again unless they were larger.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

i caught some huge ones a juno and the dude next to me insisted they were black drum so i gave them to him

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Fried margate.... not bad at all
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

fishing was pretty slow today but did manage a smallish cero mackerel for some fish tacos -- only mack I saw. Rabbit fish were around and I nabbed one on a pompano jig…and it had three followers as I brought it in. Even managed a jump out of it. The only bait I could manage….a mojarra got bit as I was bringing in the rabbit fish….so I missed that bite….oh well…..not a great day but better than getting skunked.

DGaberlavage
Weekend Warrior

Post by DGaberlavage »

Fished today from 11-8 only thing going on was rabbit fish and a couple cuda. A shark was swimming in the light but wasn't hungry I guess :scratch:
bait was scarce

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

any gogs?

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

I was just about to congradulate on the first post in a while, but it was a false alarm...lol....muttons must be coming up by the buckets!!!

Return to “Broward County”