Port Everglades Jetty Reports 2012 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Port Everglades Jetty Reports 2012 to 2016

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Sssssweet :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Good job

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Good job of putting in the time during a storm guys. I think the park is gonna be selling a few more night passes from this. and the rest of us are going to start using the passes we already have. :salut:

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Ronmoll
Fisher

Post by Ronmoll »

Buddy and I went to the jetty last night for snapper fishing. I was surprised that upon arrival the place was empty. There are usually a couple of regulars there. Maybe they knew something we didn't, because it was a dead night. Buddy caught a nurse shark and I maybe had a snook using live pinfish but it came off. No snappers for dinner tonight! Some places are hot and cold, but I've found this place more cold than anything. Not very consistent at all.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Ronmoll wrote:Buddy and I went to the jetty last night for snapper fishing. I was surprised that upon arrival the place was empty. There are usually a couple of regulars there. Maybe they knew something we didn't, because it was a dead night. Buddy caught a nurse shark and I maybe had a snook using live pinfish but it came off. No snappers for dinner tonight! Some places are hot and cold, but I've found this place more cold than anything. Not very consistent at all.
If the mullet run ever gets going that place will become more active other than that after a storm or before the storm is the best time as far as I can tell. I don't know what the plan is for getting all that dead sea weed off the shoreline but I don't think the tides going to do the job.
When I work for the park system when somebody complained about the weeds piling up we went and cleaned them off so you can try that.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

GreenTide
Did you work for park system? where?

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Down in Monroe County in 2012 and 2013. I wasn't assigned to a park I actually work the bicycle trail and the bridges

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

nice mutt!! boat guys would be envious

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

stopped by earlier tonight after work, it was dead, one guy caught a small snook, nothing else, the real highlight was watching a huge hammerhead shark pretty close to the jetty blowing up on a big school of jacks causing them to fly out of the water in all directions, pure pandemonium.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Fished the jetty last night hoping for snapper, the first half hour i was there it was active, every bait was gitting hit but couldnt land any decent fish, it went dead for about an hour after that then the mutton bit turned on, caught a bunch of mutton snapper unfortunately they were all undersized biggest one I caught was 15in, ended the night with a really nice grover which will be tonights dinner, a very bad thunderstorm chased me out around 1:30 am, a lot of lightning with it too making it very unsafe, hopefully next time I get some legal muttons, you think another good storm or strong winds will push em in??

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

A good storm or rough seas will push them in.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

went out to john u lloyd jetty last night, mullet were absolutely everywhere and getting annihilated, got several hard hits on my rods using live finger mullet for bait, ended the night with this 30 inch slot snook that went into the cooler. just ate the snook tonight and it was beyond amazing!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Fished john lloyd jetty last night. Tons, I mean tons of mullet pods moved all throughout the inlet while every once in awhile some would get slammed by predators. Hooked into a pretty decent snook on a mullet, had him right at the rocks but he popped off on the flip :mad: this guy hooked into a big shark at the end of the jetty but it rubbed through his leader. Ill be back out there again tonight.

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

Big pods this morning, no many predators.
The bridge right before the entrance of john lloyd had tons of Mullet.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Hey guys, any of you fishing the jetty get a picture of my Boat, Shannagans going buy, I'll hook ya up.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Mullet run is on off Hollywood Beach today

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Weekend Report

fished the jetty at john u lloyd friday night, mullet very thick moving all throughout the inlet got several good hits including an extremely hard hit and run on a mullet I had soaking on the beachside, unfortunately lost it. tried something I dont normally do and put a nice sized live finger mullet out on a trolley rig on the inlet side and shortly afterwards it produced me this gorgeous 27 inch snook, 1 inch too small to keep :( but it was my very first fish on a trolley rig.

went to john u lloyd jetty sunday night, fishing was a little slower than on friday night, lots of mullet going through the inlet once again, heard that some guy at the very end of the jetty landed a nice tarpon. I got a few nice hits but the fish I guess dropped or spit the bait out each time after a short run, hooked a small snook but lost him on the flip. right around midnight my trolley line got absolutely smashed hard!!!! I thought it was a big snook or maybe a small tarpon, to my surprise it was this chunk of a mangrove snapper! what was surprising to me was that he hit the trolley rig instead of the bottom bait I had out. All in all not too bad of a weekend, I hope to do better next time and get another slot snook, tight lines everyone!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

nice fish !!!

Ronmoll
Fisher

Post by Ronmoll »

Nice job Chris, better luck than I've been having there lately. Fished the beach yesterday there for the first time for a few hours with no luck either.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

now thats excitement man... very cool!!!!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

hit up john u lloyd jetty last night, absolutely horrible, for the first time in months fishing here caught absolutely nothing at all, weather was crappy lots of heavy wind and it rained for about 30 min. got only about 2 hits all night and both times the bait came back chewed up like if pufferfish ate them up, unlike all the other nights I only saw a couple medium sized pods of mullet move through.

Ronmoll
Fisher

Post by Ronmoll »

That's what happens to me probably 75℅ of the time I go there, LOL. I always miss it there when it's hot.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

mutts on fire. I caught 20 mutt (12-15") and one cobia(30") in two hours fishing (4:30-6:30)...
all throwbacks... was told yesterday one poacher got handcuffed...
Today, two FWC were there checking cooler and bags. good to see them serious.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

kblue wrote:mutts on fire. I caught 20 mutt (12-15") and one cobia(30") in two hours fishing (4:30-6:30)...
nice

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Very glad to see the poacher get arrested they need to keep checking people out there cause poaching is a serious problem on this jetty. Went to john u lloyd jetty friday night, very rough and windy hardly any action at all, lost a small bluefish on the flip, and caught a decent 17 inch bluefish that came home with me.

captcrunku
Fisher

Post by captcrunku »

Lmfao i called fwc friday after a guy kept a small mutton, he got like a $300 fine and kicked off dania pier

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

k5523915 wrote:
kblue wrote:mutts on fire. I caught 20 mutt (12-15") and one cobia(30") in two hours fishing (4:30-6:30)...
nice
Good report. You must have had some bait left over from the keys.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

After key trip, I wanted to rest Sunday afternoon. But my goog friend telling me people caught lots of mutt in am...So I decided to spend sometime and found out they were short mutt. I yelled my goog friend to throw back shorts and he didn't like it but later he really appreciated me because his cooler was empty when fwc checked it...

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

report from last friday!

hit up john u lloyd jetty last friday, my night started pretty badly, I was getting several hits on my rods including a couple really strong hits but couldnt land nay fish, it went dead for the next couple hours then almost at 2 in the morning the snapper bite just instantly turned on like flicking on a lightswitch, caught 3 nice keeper mangroves and a really nice hefty dog snapper all in a matter of minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Nice! Good eats...enjoy!

Return to “Broward County”