Shrimping 2010 to 2022 Reports

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
released
Weekend Warrior

Re: Shrimping 2010-11 thread

Post by released »

Put it this way last night at Hillsboro I was using them faster than my two friends were dipping them. The start of the outgoing around 9ish I caught one snuke 24" on 8lb small jig head with a skimp...... Really slow.... Go with the crowd in Miami, they might run here you never know....

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

lol. i got the us6 for @ sp@re 6ut ugh....................its @hhoyihg....dude i w@s with my gf @ the T of the corher dock @ 9pm.........wish i s@w you...i h@d the lohg h@ir & homelhd security h@t..

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

clarence2society wrote:my keys got wet oh the l@ptop.... so i @m missihg three keys...

cdefghijklm opqrstuvwxyz
@6 h

Dude get an external keyboard.. 20 bucks or less problem resolved
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

mannyman
Weekend Warrior

Post by mannyman »

I concur trying to decipher one line of your post hurts!!! lol
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

I hve 1 its @ p@ih though heh.. i move lots.

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Can anyone tell me when I can dip net shrimp in Broward?

If your a dip netter don't bother shrimping anywhere in Miami. I wasted my gas and time with a trip down to the Rickenbacker last night and found out the hard way that they had torn down the catwalk off the old bridge. You can't reach the water with a dip net even off the old bridge.

Rickenbacker Causeway: GONE!
McArthur Causeway: GONE!
Bear Cut Bridge: GONE!
Bicentennial Park Seawall: GONE! (Fenced off)

The City of Miami and Miami-Dade County have destroyed recreational shrimping for dip netters, however they have managed to turn it into a Third World Concrete Toilet.
I say we fish 5 days and work 2

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

mannyman
Weekend Warrior

Post by mannyman »

Well about 8 PM last night I setup for shrimping at Boca inlet seawall after checking hillsboro inlet where at 7 PM they were elbow to elbow at the bridge and had caught 1 shrimp.
It was slim pickings all night and the tide was doing some wierd things. It was incoming til about 9 pm then it turned to out going soon after. About 11pm it seemed to go slack and started coming in again, for about an hour then it turned back out again. I was told by another fisherman that there was a dip in the rising tide last night. Needless to say with the funked up tide I didn't do very well. I ended up with 10 shrimps most of which were hand picked size. Just enough for a meal for one. I won't be out there again until the next cold front and hopefully it will be better.
As for the fishing there were a few fishing (drowning shrimp) but the only thing they caght were Cuttlefish which I saw more of then I've ever seen before. Maybe thats another reason I didn't see more shrimp.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

TheReelHangover
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TheReelHangover »

Was at the Rickenbacker last night and it was packed.. Not much shrimp runnin.. Got a couple dozen. No fish biting either. After most people left hindreds of tarpon were out. Hooked onto one but heard it jump under the bridge and it shook it out. Great weather, full moon and got drunk.. Good time

jshank
Fisher

Post by jshank »

Went last night across from bicentenial . Nothing . High tide at 9:45 . Stayed till 12. Very disappointing season

Knotty
Fisher

Post by Knotty »

Anybody going out this new moon?

bananafish777
Fisher

Post by bananafish777 »

Went out last night at Hillsboro. Not much going on...a few guys there with green lights. We caught about 12 shrimp in and hour and a half. Might have caught more but the brand new heavy duty telescoping net we got at Bass Pro broke in half on the first time using it. Windy conditions making it hard to see them and harder to snag what few of them there are.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

saw a guy on ch 2 setting his 3 nets out from the bridge. to early to know if they were running. there was some serious wind out there. white caps coming from the east fighting the current trying to go out. chop chop
one guy was down on the wall looking for the shrimp at high speed. i saw him dip one time but don't know if he got anything.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Yeah...the winds are killer. Blowing equipment everywhere. Hopefully tonight will show some shrimp.

Dale
Fisher

Post by Dale »

Hay 2012 Dec 7th any shrimp out there yet ? haven`t been in 20 years got some time now Use to go to Boynton and hilsboro did well.Been up in Oakhill thats an easy 2-5 bucket night always kater Dale

kclancy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kclancy »

Been shrimping the last week and a half.

First half of last week was pretty good in Miami. Saw some limits just sucks getting kicked out of spots every hour.

Checked Hillsboro Inlet monday and nothing running yet.

Went to Miami last night and the run was pretty good on the tail end of the outgoing. Only ended up with 5lbs or so the run shut down at the tide switch. If I was there a little earlier it probably would of been better.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I think in the inlets N. like Hillsbourough you will get the shrimps on Incomming not outgoing tides

no slack
Fisher

Re: Shrimping 2010-11-12-13 thread

Post by no slack »

never went shrimping would like to start any info would be good
tackle
how
when
where

TonyFtLaud
Fisher

Post by TonyFtLaud »

krash wrote:I think in the inlets N. like you will get the shrimps on Incomming not outgoing tides
You get them on both tides in Hillsbourough , unfortunatlly checked tonight and none to be found

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

TonyFtLaud wrote:
krash wrote:I think in the inlets N. like you will get the shrimps on Incomming not outgoing tides
You get them on both tides in Hillsbourough , unfortunatlly checked tonight and none to be found
I'd sure like more info on this.. my shrimping partner bought a house in Pompano with boat now behind the house in the water.. sure would be easier if we could shrimp HB inlet instead of pulling the boat and trailering to our spot in Dade Co.

In Dade the shrimp are in the massive grass flats of Biscayne Bay, pop up out of the grass and ride the tides out to the ocean, gulf stream, to spawn. At least thats the science I've been believing in for 50+ years.

I'm guessing the shrimp are not coming from inland grass flats like in Dade, but where are there inland grass flats up that way ?

If no grass flats I'd have to guess they are just pulled in from the ocean side currents on the incomming and then washed back out on beginning stages of outgoing.

Return to “Broward County”