Fort Lauderdale / LBTS Beach Fishing Reports 2010 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Fort Lauderdale / LBTS Beach Fishing Reports 2010 to 2022

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your fishing Reports for 2010-2011-2012-2013
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

jayfrizzo
Weekend Warrior

Re: Fort Lauderdale / LBTS Beach Fishing Reports 2010

Post by jayfrizzo »

How's the surf fishing? Hear there are lots of blues up north. Can't get up there so am probably going to take a walk sunday morning.

beachfishin
Weekend Warrior

Post by beachfishin »

Fished Lauderdale beach today 1/30 from about 4-6PM. The current was moving but surf was small... Caught 4 bonefish using shrimp, that's it.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

at least u heard some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

jayfrizzo
Weekend Warrior

Post by jayfrizzo »

I heard some zzzzzzzzzzzz this morning, too. But only because I slept in. :cry:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

i have yet to sleep in for waking up. even when i was small, i would just sleep in the car when my dad used to drive somewhere far for fsihing
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

jshank
Fisher

Post by jshank »

I caught 2 bonefish with Pompano rigs and sandfleas off Oakland Park Blvd. between 6 - 8 PM yesterday. Waiting for some Pompano to come in.

reelgr
Fisher

Post by reelgr »

Lots of bait pods lately...pilchards with some sardines mixed in.

reelgr
Fisher

Post by reelgr »

Fished yesterday evening... As I went to cast net baits, saw a huge momma snook. Didn't see much after that though. Lots of bait and not much busting them... There were mackeral on them a couple days ago though that provided some action.

beachfishin
Weekend Warrior

Post by beachfishin »

bridgefisher wrote:I have not been fishing much and i have not been reporting on here in a while but i did fish the beach for a bit yesterday evening in northern lbts in search of bonefish or a permit. Fleas on a pomp rig produced 4 muttons, 3 of which were throw backs one was a 19 inch keeper. Not bones or permit though. Ill be hitting the beach pretty regularly through the fall so i will do my best to keep current reports on here.
Thanks for the report. What time did you get those muttons at?

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

bridgefisher wrote:I have not been fishing much and i have not been reporting on here in a while but i did fish the beach for a bit yesterday evening in northern lbts in search of bonefish or a permit. Fleas on a pomp rig produced 4 muttons, 3 of which were throw backs one was a 19 inch keeper. Not bones or permit though. Ill be hitting the beach pretty regularly through the fall so i will do my best to keep current reports on here.
You and Zach always crush the Permit during the fall.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

reelgr
Fisher

Post by reelgr »

Nice big mullet move down the beach all day yesterday... This morning they were gone and it was solid pilchards and finger mullet. I'll be keeping my eye out for the bigger baits to push thorugh again.

DeadBait
Weekend Warrior

Post by DeadBait »

I hit the beach today after taking the kids to school. No bait pods near the Ft. Laud. beach. Caught a nice bonefish on live sand fleas and that's it.

reelgr
Fisher

Post by reelgr »

twas a nice push of big mullet and fingers down the beach yesterday evening... checked this morning and still lots of fingers in the trough.. this evening I didn't see any though... hoping this is not quite the end of the run and we get a few more shots on the beaches at big baits.

jshank
Fisher

Re: Fort Lauderdale / LBTS Beach Fishing Reports 2010-11

Post by jshank »

Saw the reports on pomps from anglins sun so hit the beach from 5 on. Nothing. Guess they stayed close to the pier . I was south of Oakland

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Went out around 7pm-8pm with Pompano rigs and fresh shrimp. Only stayed an hour and my woman caught a Bonefish and I got a Jack.

It was really cool getting a boner out of the surf close to home :)

bsfl
Fisher

Post by bsfl »

Fished yesterday from about 5:30-6:30, caught a bonefish on a sand flea. Crappy weather made it so no one was on the beach. Nice compared to how it has been.

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Sundown for a while me and my babe went out and soaked some crabs at some spots. She tried some fleas, shrimp for a bit too. Nothing. Wind messed up. We did manage to nab some sand fleas tho...so nice to know they are there when I need them.

A couple old guys were telling me they have landed quite a bit of Permit right in the area and that they are big. Just want one, such a neat fish.

Are there any tips anyone has as far as rigging for Permit in surf?

Thanks

N

BoatlessFisherman

From the Beach I have used heavy duty Pomp rigs I made and a typical Bottom rigs have worked for me also.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Thanks Boss :D

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

5-9pm Out again today earlier with my woman....we covered quite a bit of beach. Hit lots of different ground....rips, shoals, holes, flat type areas......even hit the far south next to the Port......nothing.

We were going big tho for that monster Permit....soaked a dozen crabs. Tried multiple weights, hooks and rigs and just didn't get touched. I had excellent presentation and really took my time with hooking the crabs up right. Even tried going what I thought was too small hookwise to have hardly any hook showing.

Would give a spot 45 minutes or so then move about hundred yards and reposition poles to just scan the beach.

Really want one.... only thing I can think of to improve today would have been longer rods...but I was getting out there pretty good.

Is only having 9ft an issue or are plenty landed within that range of cast?

I was throwing them as hard as I could without breaking the line....I was out there but I know 12ft would get me even further.

Her best catch was AJ fishing and she is an old school west coast fisherman so this Permit thing is gettin critical!!!! Her AJ below.....will look for a pic of my reefdonkey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Went out Tuesday morning...a couple runners on sandfleas....

Went back out from 5-7:45pm and was busy looking for fleas about 20 feet away from my rod n spike and a kid pointed and yelled for me to turn around and my rod was bent down bouncing and my sand spike goes timber :shock: with my 12000BR and I barely get there in time to grab it before it goes in the water.

Picked it up reeled and nothing..... :mad: Fleas gone....

I had that spike monstered in the sand half way....and the Baitrunner was on very low setting....

What you you thing...did i miss my a Permit? :reeling: Aside from a huge Jack or Shark I cant see anything pulling hard enough to dump me like that in free spool.

Oh well...getting closer....the hunt continues.... :toast:

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Keep soaking that bait!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

BoatlessFisherman

It was more than likely a permit, keep soaking I know of three caught in the last 7 days, a little north I believe of you but I am not a hundred percent sure where you fish.
-Tommy A-

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

SaltyDog wrote:
noah4200 wrote:
What you you thing...did i miss my a Permit? :reeling:
A big gag grouper........... :mrgreen:

Whatever Salty....it was a black :P

jinnes22
Fisher

Post by jinnes22 »

Showed up to FLL Beach yesterday around 5pm with a dozen mullet. As I was parking I could see a lot of birds coming down the beach. They were following a school of Pilchards. Netted a few Pilchards, and put one out on a stationary rod. Grabbed my other rod and threw out a mullet, as I look back to the stationary rod, its :reeling: bent over!!!!! Landed a 28 1/4 snook.

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

Work was slow yesterday, and my phone kept blowing up with people calling and telling me where the bait is. Well after my like 10th call I said screw it and banged out of work.
Hit the beach hard from 11:30 to 8pm. Not much to show for all the effort except seeing pod after pod swimming along with nothing eating. Til I got a call from Mike with reelreports.com, RED ALERT get here now, pod with 5-6 100+ tarpon inside. .... I'm there worked the pod from 5:30 to 8pm went 0 - 3, 2 was a quick double hook up with both of us hooked into 100+ lb tarpon at the same time. I got cut, his tarpon spit the 2lb logleg mullet we are using for bait. His bait drops out another tarpon grabbed it. Game on hooked up. 45 min later the tarpon turned to hook and was gone.

Return to “Broward County”