Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011-12-13

Post by fishnfool73 »

The big blues migrate down this way during the spring. I have seen 12- 15 lb blues but they are generally all spawned out or skinny from the migration. Up north they would be 15-20 lb fish easily. They are hit or miss and sometimes the party boats hit them and limit out but they taste like garbage and the meat falls off the bones. I have seen them in the surf and on the piers as well.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

very nice blue u got there!
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

We got into a school of those big blues last feb off the wreck in pompano.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I just love their voracity personally... I love how they destroy any lure you toss at them with a vengeance!

-swordfish

kcdahunter
Fisher

Post by kcdahunter »

2/3/14 went shark fishing last night lost a nice one but did catch a lot of grunts and one nice blue fish ill be back at it tonight
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

nice blue!
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Open beach along Hollywood, Hallendale is pretty flat boring lately, till sunset me think. Not sure what happens after dark... cellfish...
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Hi all, I'm here forda season, fishing port Everglades and south to golden beach, saw hundreds of birds working the N East winds on the incoming yesterday at the sunny side area...

Anyone know What could be expected in the surf at this time , my neighbor favors Pompano and I'm sure it's too early for pompano.. So I guess it Jack's, blue runners, and bluefish for now,,

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks CELL...
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

Return to “Broward County”