Fort Lauderdale / LBTS Beach Fishing Reports 2010 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: Fort Lauderdale / LBTS Beach Fishing Reports 2010 to 20

Post by Green Tide »

Hopefully this weather will bring in some good fish to the shoreline. Also with us being on the western side it may help the mullet run to move south and stay close to shore

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

Hey all, new here and thought i'd share. Only recently got back into fishing sort of seriously again. Anyway I've had a pretty good Tarpon bite lately in the Ft Lauderdale/downtown New River area. I use artificial in particular the DOA Baitbuster trolling model red head/white with more bites coming from the silver and gold glitter/black backs. One thing I do is replace the internal jig head with a Mustad Ultrapoint in either the 1oz or 1/2 oz, much better hook. Got that info from a youtuber Saltyshores, I think. Ive also had some luck with the rootbeer Terroreyez. Of course landing these beasts is a whole nother thing but fun nonetheless. In fact last night I jumped what appeared to finally be a reasonably sized poon only to have me broke off from a center council running up the canal at 1am!! The bite has been best at either the bottom part of the outgoing or the top part of the incoming.

btw if anyone is looking for a fishing partner after 10pm in the ft laud/hollyhood area id love to join.

Thanks for having me boys!
Ken

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

good to see a worthy post from someone new:) plenty of piers to fish in broward also... im takin a couple days off sincei finally scored my first huge permit sunday night:)

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

clarence2society wrote:good to see a worthy post from someone new:) plenty of piers to fish in broward also... im takin a couple days off sincei finally scored my first huge permit sunday night:)

Thanks man, yea I did the pier thing when I was a kid. Lake Worth was my home away from home on the weekends, me and my brother in law. He taught me a lot of the knots and rigs for inshore and off the pier stuff. Lots of Boynton Inlet, Boca Inlet and so on

I scored a small Snook in the same area as these poons. Something about urban canal fishing and getting the line ripped out of a 4000 size spinner and a hot spool.....priceless. Love to tag along (not trying to be creepy or whatever) next time u go out for permit.

Ken

Lemme see if I can post this pic, hope it works.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

No worries, this is the "... LGBT Fishing Reports..." section anyway. :lol:

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

BEOWULF wrote:No worries, this is the "... LGBT Fishing Reports..." section anyway. :lol:
Glad to hear, I would imagine chartreuse is the favored color, any time of the day.

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

Gents, got lucky and caught a couple on a swimbait. Last one was 28-29 inches, not bad imo. Also jumped a poon and after I made it thru a passing sailboat and the docks he wore thru my 40# floro leader...sucked man. I am gonna run 60# mono for the leader, just thinking it may get bit less. Its nighttime, does anyone think going from 40 floro to 60 mono will make a big diff?

am I doing the pic thing right, "upload attachment", pick file off my hard drive then "Add the file"? Maybe its showing on ur end.

Ken

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

That poon bite has slowed down some, but the outgoing still produces. The tides r pretty good right now, here is small one that couldn't wrap me up or land on my damn line and break me off.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice man! Congrats! :toast:

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

xtremeh18 wrote:Nice man! Congrats! :toast:

Thank u sir

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Nice catch !!!

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

She def wanted this jig, my PB 33"!

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Nice looking fish.
Fish Crazy

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

shos260288 wrote:Nice looking fish.

Thank u sir

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

Was about to leave this spot and my Firstlight got this big girls attention. No official measurement but estimate 35-36 incher, what a fish! For perspective the rod is an 8ft Star (15-25lb) and a Cabo 50.

Return to “Broward County”