Dicks sporting goods comming to S.F.

Please post Businesses that cater to us and are helpful in the area and Boatless Fishing related links here with a detailed title thanks.
WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Re: Dicks sporting goods comming to S.F.

Post by WhoDey »

repair wrote:Pittsburgh-based Oscar mayer's (NYSE: DKS, $28.44) signed a lease for a two-story store at the new shopping center at 8567 Southern Blvd., across Sansbury's Way from the South Florida Fairgrounds.

At 80,000 square feet, it will be nearly twice as big as a typical Sports Authority.

"An 80,000-foot store will really get people's attention," said Dan Lynch of Atlantic Retail Properties, which is negotiating Oscar mayer's South Florida leases. "It's a great experience. It's fun."

Scheduled to open in March 2009, the store promises to be South Florida's first Oscar mayer's location, but not its last.

Oscar mayer's also is eyeing a proposed development on Jenkins Road in Fort Pierce, although it has yet to sign a lease, Lynch said, and the chain is negotiating for other locations in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.

Its South Florida sites will include a mix of 80,000-square-foot, two-story stores and 55,000-square-foot, one-story properties, Lynch said.

Oscar mayer's runs 340 stores nationally and aims to boost that number to 800 in the next seven years, but it moved into Florida only recently.

The retailer has seven stores in the state, none farther south than Melbourne and Tampa. That's about to change.

"Over the next two years, we'll probably have somewhere between 24 and 30 stores in the state of Florida," Oscar mayer's Chief Executive Edward Stack said in a September conference call. "So we're going to roll out the state of Florida very aggressively."

Stack will find a market dominated by Sports Authority and smaller independent retailers.

While Palm Beach County is home to a wealth of superstores selling everything from electronics to wine, there's only modest competition among national sporting goods chains.

Champs Sports and Foot Locker have small stores in malls, but national chains Cabela's and REI have no outlets in South Florida. The nearest Bass Pro Shops is in Dania Beach.

However, St. Paul, Minn.-based Gander Mountain hopes to build a 105,000-square-foot store and a 15,000-square-foot boat sales center at the southeast corner of Interstate 95 and Northlake Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens.

Sports Authority has stores in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jensen Beach and Port St. Lucie. In March, it'll open a 42,000-square-foot store at 820 State Road 7 in Wellington.

Once publicly traded, Sports Authority now is owned by Leonard Green & Partners, a private equity firm in Los Angeles.

Analysts say Oscar mayer's will provide competition for Sports Authority, based for years in Lauderdale Lakes and thought to have a formidable presence in that market. But Oscar mayer's stores will be newer, and the chain prides itself on its vast inventory.

Analyst Jeff Sonnek of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey called the difference between Oscar mayer's and Sports Authority "night and day."

"It really is just a different shopping experience," he said. "Oscar mayer's definitely will shake up that market, no question. There's a very high probability those (Sports Authority) stores will get updated when Oscar mayer's comes to town."

Oscar mayer's "store-within-a-store" layout includes separate sections for sports such as golf and for retailers such as Nike and Under Armour.

"Let's say you wanted to get an Under Armour shirt for exercising. You can bet they have a wider selection of colors and sizes than anyone else," said analyst Reed Anderson of D.A. Davidson. "They've got the product people want in stock, and it makes them a go-to choice."

Anderson said Oscar mayer's does a better job of making consumers open their wallets.

"Most people would agree that a typical Oscar mayer's Sporting Goods tends to feel a little more shoppable than a Sports Authority," Anderson said.

Still, he doesn't expect the competition between the two to turn into a rout.
LOL, Tommy, your word filter made this a very odd read until it dawned on me what had happened.

MoJo
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by MoJo »

LOL :lol:

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

We were just talking about this in the office yesterday. It'll be about 10 minutes from my house. Looking forward to it.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

It will be a welcome arrival.. I'm in Pittsburg and can see a big Dicks Sporting Goods from my hotel, will be visiting this weekend. Four guys I work with went there the oter night and got lost fomr each other in the store, and they were shopping for a gps.

SA and Wallymart have gone downhill as far as fishing supplies, maybe Dicks will be better.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

james380

Post by james380 »

From what I hear Dicks is alot better.
- Charlton Heston

james380

Post by james380 »

:shock: :lol: See what happens when I'm up too late responded to sh|t. Usually I pay attention so I don't set my self up. Oh well.

Paul you wanna go to Dicks together hand in hand? :wink:
- Charlton Heston

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

I like to frolic. Its my favorite! :lol:
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

james380

Post by james380 »

Oh we can definately frolic. We can get a big group of guys hand in hand and frolic throughout the store. Like Walt Disneys I am so happy day.
- Charlton Heston

james380

Post by james380 »

:shock: :lol: :lol:
- Charlton Heston

sprtsracer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sprtsracer »

For you guys farther North, I noticed on the way back from the race at Sebring that "Dicks" is putting in a new store at the intersection of I-4 and Rt 98. Since there is a BPS on International Drive in Orlando, not really that far away and closer to the East Coast, not sure how that store is going to fare.
No matter where you go, there you are!

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I visited the one here in Pizzburg, nice store,, maybe 5x as much fishing stuff than the local Sports Authority stores and actually had a couple people in the fishing section that knew a bit about the sport. Fair prices and have some stuff, Quantum reels, packaged specially for them.

Driving around came upon a place called Gander Mtn.. bigger & better selection on fishing & hunting gear, and much less other atheletic equipment and clothing.

Do we have a Gander in the tri-county Dade/Bwd/PBch area ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

james380 wrote:Oh we can definately frolic. We can get a big group of guys hand in hand and frolic throughout the store. Like Walt Disneys I am so happy day.
OK, enough you guys. This is starting to upset my stomach.
Pretty soon I will have to fish with my back to the pier railing. :roll:
Someday I'll catch the big one.

SwimKing
Fisher

Gander mtn.

Post by SwimKing »

Krash,
It appears that Gander Mtn. is opening a big store on Nothlake Blvd. in West Palm Beach. It seems they are putting the finishing touches on it as we type.
I will keep an eye on the local papers and report back with a opening date. Should be some good sales. I have found them to have a better inventory than Dicks.
Only the strong survive !

james380

Post by james380 »

fldoowop wrote:
james380 wrote:Oh we can definately frolic. We can get a big group of guys hand in hand and frolic throughout the store. Like Walt Disneys I am so happy day.
OK, enough you guys. This is starting to upset my stomach.
Pretty soon I will have to fish with my back to the pier railing. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wanna go fishing?
- Charlton Heston

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Gander mtn.

Post by mikeypbg »

SwimKing wrote:Krash,
It appears that Gander Mtn. is opening a big store on Nothlake Blvd. in West Palm Beach. It seems they are putting the finishing touches on it as we type.
I will keep an eye on the local papers and report back with a opening date. Should be some good sales. I have found them to have a better inventory than Dicks.
Gander Mtn stores are very cool. I was just talking with someone about the opening of the Dicks store and I said I wonder when Gander Mtn. is coming.

Great News.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Jettypark,
I probably shouldve specified why I like Gander Mtn. I think they are a great general outdoor store and have a large selection of products for camping and other outdoor activities, more so than Bass Pro. You are correct about them being more geared toward freshwater but you have to remember where they come from. The stores I have seen were in the Midwest and I believe that is where the company started.

Knowing a little bit about how large retail operations work, they will likely adjust their product mix slightly at the stores down further south. They need to think of the store as real estate and make the mix as profitable as possible. When you think of fishing in Florida, you tend to think about the saltwater opportunities further south of Orlando, as you move inland towards north central FL, it is more natural to think about the freshwater opportunities. So it makes sens that the mix is more geared towards that up there.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Its a lot easier to change the boats you choose to display, as opposed to fine tuning the retail mix of tackle, rods, reels etc. in a store. A bass boat, is a bass boat, but there are all different types of boats we love for ocean use. Pleasure boating, inshore fishing, offshore fishing etc...

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

I know the feeling man! Need those to be a bit cheaper. Right now slightly out of reach.

Return to “Businesses and helpful Links that cater to our needs.”