IRMA and State of Emergency...

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
Ice
Weekend Warrior

IRMA and State of Emergency...

Post by Ice »

Boys and girls, its been 25 years since we had a good storm, I think IRMA is going to change that, in a big way. I've had bad vibes about this storm ever since it came off the African coast, I told my mother, I told everyone "this is one to watch". Get ready...

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: IRMA and State of Emergency...

Post by clarence2society »

prepping as we speak and ill have to move all my thignsi cant replace from my mobile home i have no ins at all and im sure my roof wil lfail

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

clarence2society wrote:prepping as we speak and ill have to move all my thignsi cant replace from my mobile home i have no ins at all and im sure my roof wil lfail
that sucks

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Guys be ready be SAFE

Best case scenario it moves out and you all can go have a Hurricane Fishing Party

Nilson get all in safe order brah
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Don;t know about you but we had it pretty hard up here in Broward County 10 years ago in Hurricane Wilma... we lost our roof, fence,and trees.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

krash wrote:Don;t know about you but we had it pretty hard up here in Broward County 10 years ago in Hurricane Wilma... we lost our roof, fence,and trees.
Wilma was at Cat 3. We had lots of flooding and no power for a week. Irma is a bigger storm.

Don't take this crap lightly, it could be real bad, let's just hope it is not.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

STRIZ wrote:
I was up in Jenson beach for the long weekend and after i left Rory's house we decided to stack up at the near by Publix. We got back on Monday and did the same once again...2weeks worth of food, batteries, water etc.

This is the STRONGEST HURRICANE RECORDED in the Atlantic. This is no joke and if you lived throughs Andrew you know what to expect.

If any of my boatless brothers needs any help putting up shutter or plywood give me a ring or PM. If I'm available i will be there or make time to help you if i can. At work we have put up the 50% of the shutters...again do not take this hurricane very lightly at all. We have been spared for very long and this can be devastating. Be safe!

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

I remember Andrew, and this is different from Andrew in a lot of ways. Andrew was relatively dry, Irma is not, Andrew was BARELY a cat 5, Irma is a STRONG 5.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Rare wrote:
STRIZ wrote:
I was up in Jenson beach for the long weekend and after i left Rory's house we decided to stack up at the near by Publix. We got back on Monday and did the same once again...2weeks worth of food, batteries, water etc.

This is the STRONGEST HURRICANE RECORDED in the Atlantic. This is no joke and if you lived throughs Andrew you know what to expect.

If any of my boatless brothers needs any help putting up shutter or plywood give me a ring or PM. If I'm available i will be there or make time to help you if i can. At work we have put up the 50% of the shutters...again do not take this hurricane very lightly at all. We have been spared for very long and this can be devastating. Be safe!
Good Deal

Thats the Spirit
Help eachother
Glad you prepared. This could be devastating as you said and is no joke

Be SAFE all of you
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Andrew was a Cat5 maybe went it hit is was not a 5 but i believe it was 5 at 165mph. And yes it was dry but what it did was left imprinted on many that if we get another like this to be ready and it could have been worse. We dont know where it will directly hit but if these winds sustain the way they are it's going to be nasty. the only thing that looks promising if that's even something to say here is that the speed of 12 to 15 mile cruising should get it out of here as soon as possible.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

I had to do some digging, I could have sworn Andrew was a 4 when it hit, not a 5, but I am wrong.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

this is a bad one for who ever gets it. im gonan lsoe my trailer no doubt.... and im gonna hunker down at my moms place nad hoep for the best... got three headlamps and ton of aaa to get us through....and im gonna board a couple windows here but this house wont make it.. im taking all important docs and sentimental stuff and clothes and move it to my moms.. safer there.. her roof is 22 yrs old but it made it through wilma unscathed and we made it through andrew though that hit dade harder....... this is truly scary for all of us... we have neighbors there too. im honestly thinking worse case scenerio if the roof goes it will happen in first phase and we can switch houses during the eye.... be smart stay frosty... hope this doesnt hit cause millions of us will end up homeless..... take care guys.. id offer help but im alrdy helping 3 diff ppl including moving out my own place.... best of luck!!!

this is bad.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Make your preparations but don't freak just yet. This things got a long way to go. But make no mistake, this things a frigging beast pushing as much as a 20 foot storm surge on the out islands. As said, been awhile since ones hit here. Which means substantial tree damage and power failures from trees taking out power lines. Be ready to be without power for a few days at least.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

mvnray
Weekend Warrior

Post by mvnray »

all im thinking about is muttons...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Why I so feel like a sitting duck... :nopity:

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

If I only had a boat, I'd be out tomorrow or Saturday...crap

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

Be safe yall....

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Ice wrote:If I only had a boat, I'd be out tomorrow or Saturday...crap

You wouldn't actually, you'd be tying that fucker down to any and all anchor points and hope you have good insurance. If we get a direct hit, I don't see many boats fairing too well.

Been a busy couple days, like posted above, help out others if you can. Lets hope for the best, stay safe dudes.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

Miami_Chris wrote:
Ice wrote:If I only had a boat, I'd be out tomorrow or Saturday...crap

You wouldn't actually, you'd be tying that fucker down to any and all anchor points and hope you have good insurance. If we get a direct hit, I don't see many boats fairing too well.

Been a busy couple days, like posted above, help out others if you can. Lets hope for the best, stay safe dudes.
Actually I would be, thank you muchly...tomorrow would be a GREAT time to be off shore....so yeah

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Be safe boys. I'm thinking of you 24/7 sending good vibes. See ALL of you on the flip side. Godspeed.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

id love to be at the pier for muttons right now.. but that whoel losing all i own thing is kindof taking precedence... i couldnt find proper augers for my boat i used four of whatever i could find and tightened up.. there are 4 other boats on my port side on land on trailers and im behind a huge brick house on the west side of it bout 20 feet from said house.... tires in sand... that huge tree over it may cause an issue.. but my boat is tied down as well as i could get it and i took my gear that i could off of it.... if i still have a boat after or a house ill be fishing... funny my boat is insured and covered trailer is not....... with my luck ill lose both.....

figuring out what comes with me and what stays in the house to leave to fate so basically going through all the things i love and deciding which onesi love less.... i may actually shed a few tears when i leave this place tonight or tomorrow morning....

and if i hear one more person with prayers or gods hands bs ill flip my lid... that crap is so stupid... if there was a god he has a divine plan and this is part of it.. like retarded children murder in his name and human suffering.. worship a piece fo crap like that NEVER.... so tired of hearing all that contradictory BS.... and praying to said false god is useless he is not gonna change his plan cause you beg and cry and plead.. GTFOH!!!!

all in all keep the ones you care about close and if you can help a stranger in peril pls do..... this is gonna be rough. it is us and the universe my friends.... be good to each other.... may you fare well. good luck. be smart.... dont be a hero unless absolutely necessary. i hope we make it through this with as little loss and suffering as possible....

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

clarence2society wrote:id love to be at the pier for muttons right now.. but that whoel losing all i own thing is kindof taking precedence... i couldnt find proper augers for my boat i used four of whatever i could find and tightened up.. there are 4 other boats on my port side on land on trailers and im behind a huge brick house on the west side of it bout 20 feet from said house.... tires in sand... that huge tree over it may cause an issue.. but my boat is tied down as well as i could get it and i took my gear that i could off of it.... if i still have a boat after or a house ill be fishing... funny my boat is insured and covered trailer is not....... with my luck ill lose both.....

figuring out what comes with me and what stays in the house to leave to fate so basically going through all the things i love and deciding which onesi love less.... i may actually shed a few tears when i leave this place tonight or tomorrow morning....

and if i hear one more person with prayers or gods hands bs ill flip my lid... that crap is so stupid... if there was a god he has a divine plan and this is part of it.. like retarded children murder in his name and human suffering.. worship a piece fo crap like that NEVER.... so tired of hearing all that contradictory BS.... and praying to said false god is useless he is not gonna change his plan cause you beg and cry and plead.. GTFOH!!!!

all in all keep the ones you care about close and if you can help a stranger in peril pls do..... this is gonna be rough. it is us and the universe my friends.... be good to each other.... may you fare well. good luck. be smart.... dont be a hero unless absolutely necessary. i hope we make it through this with as little loss and suffering as possible....
I agree with you whole heartedly on the god thing. My biggest question to ALL the god nutjobs....who created god? and don't give me that standard crap that all believers say "he just is god". Don't even get me started on the bible and how things were left out intentionally....

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

Be careful and safe guys. Storm will pass and someone on here will boast of all the pier muttons or lobsters they caught after the storm.. :D

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Ice wrote:
clarence2society wrote:id love to be at the pier for muttons right now.. but that whoel losing all i own thing is kindof taking precedence... i couldnt find proper augers for my boat i used four of whatever i could find and tightened up.. there are 4 other boats on my port side on land on trailers and im behind a huge brick house on the west side of it bout 20 feet from said house.... tires in sand... that huge tree over it may cause an issue.. but my boat is tied down as well as i could get it and i took my gear that i could off of it.... if i still have a boat after or a house ill be fishing... funny my boat is insured and covered trailer is not....... with my luck ill lose both.....

I agree with you whole heartedly on the god thing. My biggest question to ALL the god nutjobs....who created god? and don't give me that standard crap that all believers say "he just is god". Don't even get me started on the bible and how things were left out intentionally....
I am bored of waiting for hurricane...and here is my saying...

It is an infinite loop...If god didn't create the world, then perhaps the universe created the world ... then who created the universe? In mathematical reasoning, god = universe as in math, 1(god) = 0.99999999999999....(endless loop of universe) and either way, we are created.... Ancient philosophers/wise men knew about the existence of DNA far before it is found by modern science...(DNA is biggest evidence of we are created. It is like part number, and individual has a different serial number). Science or math never created anything but they just discovered things already created by endless loop of universe or god. At least, I could say scientific theories that support evolution are a full of craps... I'd rather believe in ancient Bible than those craps...
What the preachers say about bible or god may be also full of crap... They are nobody but just freaking human. Some are just business men who sells fake securities... Also, those who say "he just is god" are also full of crap...

At the end, What do we know? Nothing... Maybe, other creature like your cat or dog know more about the god or endless loop of universe...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Be safe boys. I'm thinking of you 24/7 sending good vibes. See ALL of you on the flip side. Godspeed.
Hey KOTS
So good to hear from you... :toast:

I am thinking to go fishing Tuesday to kill some mutt...But I threw away all my baits to empty my freezer... :drunk:

Rijkaard
Fisher

Post by Rijkaard »

Been a long time my friends, please you all be safe, my prayers are with you all the way from Chile

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Rare checking in!!!

Ricky, good to hear from you!!

All is well.... lost power at 1215am yesterdat but got power back today. Im staying at my brothers house till i get power at my house. All
Family is fine.

Brickell i went today and its flooded in many parts. If you fished in these areas you know where. Gables, parts of bird road are hard to get in or out. Airport as you know no planes on site. Going west on the highway flooded in most section of house on the east. This from what i heard didnt even hit a cat1 on us in Miami. I will check in on that...from what it did we are blessed. The keys amd west coast i hope everyone is okay....hit me up let me know of you are okay...internet and service spotted here...

Kblue is without power and net service. But well...again them who have my number check in....RARE OUT

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Glad to hear you and family are safe Rare.

Family and I are safe no power and a lot of downed trees.

Hope all are well
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Glad you and your Fam are fine. Been watching all the webcams that held up.
There is some damage from what I saw. A roof in Winwood blew off. Some trees n stuff. But in the end you are right. Blessed it did not hit head on and more or less a kat 1 type thing.

Happy you are safe. Hope everyone is ok.

BTW Ricky dang bro now in Chille. Hope you are doing fine. Ruth says hi
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”