What happened to the forum?

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
Ice
Weekend Warrior

What happened to the forum?

Post by Ice »

This place used to be crankin and have lots of people...it seems pretty dam dead now days???

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Re: What happened to the forum?

Post by STRIZ »

Well thats gonna change with some ICE right?

LOL
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

I think it needs someone to light a FIRE under it....Ice would put it in the morgue.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

As time goes by things change and Social media is the new wave of what forums were many years back. Thats one aspect of things...Life changes for many and some folks move on. Youtube is another to be the big super star of fishing etc, etc....THUMBS UP for my post! (tommy

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

well we could always revive the boatlessfishing facebook page..... and it would be the same thing basically just more advanced than older forum style. but then rare has to use fb

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

LOL I remember the boatless facebook, lol. Rare, your STILL not on FB? :jester: :jester: :jester:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Whats FB? :jester:

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

There are also waaaaay too many sub forums for the limited activity we have. It makes it look like more of a ghost town with so many sub forums that haven't been touched in years.

Cutting it to like a quarter of what we have would make the place look more inviting to new members, I bet.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

MrEnigma wrote:There are also waaaaay too many sub forums for the limited activity we have. It makes it look like more of a ghost town with so many sub forums that haven't been touched in years.

Cutting it to like a quarter of what we have would make the place look more inviting to new members, I bet.
I agree with that now, but back in the day, just about everything was commented on. Now its kind of dead.

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

Ice wrote:
MrEnigma wrote:There are also waaaaay too many sub forums for the limited activity we have. It makes it look like more of a ghost town with so many sub forums that haven't been touched in years.

I agree with that now, but back in the day, just about everything was commented on. Now its kind of dead.
Yeah, I know. Things were pretty active when I first joined a few years ago, but now it has quieted down a lot.

The random Russian spam invasions don't help much either. Wish there was a way to put an end to that.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

I haven't seen to many of the Russian bots. I know there are bots that run the forum, for various reasons, but I haven't seen a spammer....wa...no, I don't think I have.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

MrEnigma wrote:
Ice wrote:

Yeah, I know. Things were pretty active when I first joined a few years ago, but now it has quieted down a lot.

The random Russian spam invasions don't help much either. Wish there was a way to put an end to that.
NUKES ?
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

:bom: :bom: :bom: Drop several in North Korea, and a few on Putins head, SURE!! :bom: :bom: :bom:

Gutts00
Fisher

Post by Gutts00 »

I wish we could bring back the forum.. All anyone cares about anymore is how many likes and followers they can get thats why this is so dead now lol..

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

Gutts00 wrote:I wish we could bring back the forum.. All anyone cares about anymore is how many likes and followers they can get thats why this is so dead now lol..
Pretty much...its sad.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Well, it has been like this for about several years... But still there are a good number of people in this forum...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

I participate in a website Nor'east.com and it's the same thing there, I only started with them about 6 years ago when it was starting to wane. True bout the potential spam stuff, but there is only so much that can be written about the same things.. Was told social media facebook is taken some away too... Oh well... Cellfish...
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

ive been super busy, thats my excuse lol

that and I recently took a position with Angler Management as captain for the 42 express :0)
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Post by mike j »

I agree that the forum seems like a ghost town. As a new member I am not interested in posts that are really dated. I feel that there is some really good information on this site. that being said I wish every member would post where they are fishing and what they are catching. I fish the Palm Beaches. I am basically the only person in the last month sharing in that section. Fishing has been fantastic lately but you wouldn't know it checking how few new posts there are. I am looking for a quid pro quo situation where I give information and get information.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

I'm back and I dont even know what facebook is. Your probably saying who the F is that guy.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

mike j wrote:I agree that the forum seems like a ghost town. As a new member I am not interested in posts that are really dated. I feel that there is some really good information on this site. that being said I wish every member would post where they are fishing and what they are catching. I fish the Palm Beaches. I am basically the only person in the last month sharing in that section. Fishing has been fantastic lately but you wouldn't know it checking how few new posts there are. I am looking for a quid pro quo situation where I give information and get information.
I used to fish the Palm Beach bridges at night around the fall mullet run, but it has been a few years. I also used to do some fishing in the Port St. Lucie area around the intercoastal. Great area for snook and trout.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Loss of traffic and activity has been wondered about several times and like most forum style boards activity has moved on as social media has evolved... most forums are only a skeleton of what they were in their hey-day, its all about facebook, instagram, snapchat, tweet... post, push, and hope its seen
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”