Vetern appreciation day

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Vetern appreciation day

Post by phillybass »

I been In bass tourneys up here and every year we have a special day for disabled vets. I'm just testing the waters here. Is anyone interested in having a day to honor our vets? It would be a day where we put our rods down mostly and help a disabled vet with theirs. Gathering bait maybe letting them use a rod casting things like that? Please post anything you think would be good for this. I think if we talked to one of the piers I think we could maybe get them to swing the charge of the vets. I think a pier would be best because of wheel chairs and things like that. Any info or advise on this would help a ton. :happyfisherman: :happyfisherman: :happyfisherman:
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Vetern appreciation day

Post by baseball4life702 »

I'm all in, got plenty of rods and reels to use and money to spend on whatever is needed (bait, gear, refreshments,etc)... But we'd have to put them on the fish and keeper fish, I couldn't imagine a doing it and it's a slow day :oops:
But I'd guess a start would be by calling a veterans organization I'm sure they would help too and then call a pier and see what they say im sure they'd wave any fee for that type of occasion.

Advice from a senior memeber would prob be better than mine though someone who's been around the piers for many years.

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

I'm thinking a few months in advance. I'm basically an old member my regular name is phillybass71. I have to get down there and see if I can get it fixed. I think it would be awesome and when I get down there I will start contacting places.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea I know I saw ur intro but I know ur not down here till about February right?... I'll also do some research and maybe make a few calls tomorrow since I just sit on my ass now that I finished school. I have some veteran friends I'll call them too see what they know about veterans events. I'd be happy to help till you get here. But definitely it would be awesome I'm always about helping those that serve/protect our country :patriot:

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Thank you for the help. My Dad is a disabled vet and I also have friends that are. I'll contact the VFW and American legion when I get down there also. I'm going to look up somethings online about it.

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Thank you I'll be down soon and will start on it I'll also be going to the VA hospital in WPB. My mom goes there a lot and she will be able to give me further advise on who to contact.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Just a thought, if we get enough volunteers and help to make this big, maybe we can can have it at one pier in each county the keys, broward, and west palm. That way traveling/logistics wouldn't be difficult for the vets but we would have to have enough volunteers to cover the areas

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

That would be cool but it would take a lot of volunteers'

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I didn't find much on the Internet except for organizations that already do what were trying on boats and kayaks... But I looked into licensing for them and it seems pretty easy, just fill out a FWC application and they send a permit that the organizer holds and it's valid for all veterans attending and I'm 99% sure there no money involved... Here's the link. http://m.myfwc.com/license/recreational ... ran-event/

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

TY for the link I'll look into it.

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”