Local record swordfish caught off Marathon hump

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
Green Tide
SHARKER

Local record swordfish caught off Marathon hump

Post by Green Tide »

Last Wednesday a guy fishing out of key colony marina caught a 683 pound sword while dropping in 1700 ft. I didnt know about it until I came home and Mike next door told me.
But the good part is he had like 20 pounds of fillets from the fish cause he knew the guys. Then invites us over to eat with them. Now this guy used to own the hurricane grill down by home depot so he knows how to cook. 3 different ways, blackened,mustard sauce w/capers, and plain.
We brought some sides and then another couple brought some sides and all ate at the table out back.
This fish is believed to be a local record for daytime fishing. But just last week someone caught a 520 pounder. I was very surprised how good such a large fish tasted. I bet the 120 pounders are even better.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Local record swordfish caught off Marathon hump

Post by crashmister »

Good to see the big ones again John. I probably would have filled up on Clarice's side dishes though. :mrgreen:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Truly a great sounding feast, John! Glad you got to enjoy it! Yeah, hopefully, the swords are regenerating. They're a magnificent specie!
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

bigseank22
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigseank22 »

i used to eat swordfish growing up in mass all the time, very good fish when my mah dukes used to cook it

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Yeah , a swordfish is still on my life time gotta get list! :thumright:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Glad you enjoyed it man that's one big fish. Must love to see the bill and head on that beast.

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”