Another mini boatless boat trip?

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Ice
Weekend Warrior

Re: Another mini boatless boat trip?

Post by Ice »

I'll go, if I can come up with the money, but I will need help with rods and stuff.

r00kieAngler
Weekend Warrior

Post by r00kieAngler »

Anyone dropped out or I so want to go

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Let us get a head count.......the trip is next week!!!

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

Still in

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

So, let us get a head count and welcome back! We will be checking the weather closely....

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Ok Guys, Boatless is backup :cheers:

Reminder trip i this Saturday. I contacted a few of you on Face Book and some I sent emails. I have not gotten reponses from the email. I hope you are all here.

1. Kblue..Paid $150.00
2. Herb...Paid $75.00
3. Rare.. Paid $150.00
4. William...Paid $75.00
5. Andre...Paid $75.00
6. Rob...Paid $75.00
7. Miami Chris...Paid $75.00
8. Chris - fishnfool73...Paid $75.00
9. Victor...Paid $75.00
10.Charlie...Paid $75
11. MrEnigma ...Paid $75.00
12. Mario...Paid $75.00

Backup list:
1.r00kieAngler

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Please be there at 5:30 am Bayside Marina so we can all load up. Captain Wayne will be there and says he might be bringing a complementary keg for us! :drunk:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I'm in seas permitting.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Im in as well. Forecast has winds/seas dropping, but still too far out to tell.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Wind finder says 2 foot seas. Should be a good day. Catch em up guys.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

So far weather looks good. Seas of 2 to 4 are a breeze on that boat. It might even be 3 feet or less by Saturday.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

By the way guys, I spoke with Captain Wayne and basic tip is included on this trip, but if you take an extra ten bucks for the mate she or he will appreciate it very much. :toast:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Weather looks good :toast: :reeling:

SATURDAY East southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

1. Kblue..Paid…........... $150.00 confirmed with Kblue…... Driving with Kblue........… Owes $0
2. Herb...Paid…........... $75.00 Confirmed....................… Driving with Nilson.......… Owes $75
3. Rare.. Paid...........… $150.00 Confirmed....................… Driving with Herbert......… Owes $0
4. William...Paid.......… $75.00 confirmed with Kblue....… Driving with Kblue........… Owes $75
5. Andre...Paid.........… $75.00 confirmed with Kblue...… Driving with Robert.......… Owes $75
6. Rob...Paid............… $75.00 confirmed with Kblue....… Driving with Andrew......… Owes $75
7. Miami Chris...Paid… $75.00 Confirmed on Facebook...… Self...............................… Owes $75
8. Chris - fishnfool73.... Paid… $75.00 Confirmed.....… Self...............................… Owes $75
9. Victor ...Paid…........ $75.00 Confirmed on Facebook....… Taking Uber J/K...........… Owes $75
10.Charlie...Paid….... $75.00 confirmed with Kblue........… Driving with Kblue...........… Owes $75
11. MrEnigma...Paid..… $75.00 confirmed via email..........… Self...............................… Owes $75
12. Mario...Paid....… $75.00 confirmed via email.........… sending a replacement...… Owes $75

Please remember to take your balance of $75 in cash, there is no credit card machine on the boat.

The trip includes basic tip, additional tip is welcomed by the mates and will be very appreciated.

There might be a keg on board so leave the beer in your car.

Please be there by 5:30am.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Anyone in Broward that wants to car pool let me know.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Seas 2 feet and winds around 9-13 knots. Looking pretty good. See you dudes in the morning

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

So how was the trip guys?

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Lots of almacos and some were of decent respectable size, some muttons, trigger fish, and many lost a few big AJs. Some got to land them. Sorry but my back is killing me so I have to make this short and go back to sleep. Here are a few pics.
almaco.jpg
enigmas almaco.jpg
Eddies almaco.jpg
Boatless group pic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Capt. Wayne moved over 20 spots. If drifting with bait we will have nailed more for sure. I stuck with jigging as that was my game plan. Capt. Wayne had a keg for us plus filled the live well with pilchards as a backup plan. What totally suck had nothing to do with us rerouting the drive a bit because the event in the morning to get in to park the car. No biggie.... everything from there and on was good. Now, the parking fee $30 pffff

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

Trip was great. Conditions were good for jigging, and we got to hit a lot of spots. Captain even stayed out an extra hour or two. Tons of jacks showed up, and some got lucky with the muttons on the slow jig. Tax man was there too - I probably pulled up four heads including what probably would have been a keeper king fish. I got to land my first AJ, which smoked up real nice. Collectively, we left a small fortune of painted metal on the ocean floor.

The $30 parking thing was a huge crock. Sign said $3!

There was also talk of setting up a night snapper trip soon, which I'm all for.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I had a lot of fun... I am still thinking about two fishes that were hooked within 5-10 ft from bottom. Both rocked me. One was most likely big jack but the other appears to be black grouper...
I just don't like ship wrecks. We lost a lot of jigs to bottom structure, King, and Cuda. We will have to do this again when black fin tuna runs... As that will be mid water jigging, we don't have to worry about bottom structure...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

MrEnigma wrote:Trip was great. Conditions were good for jigging, and we got to hit a lot of spots. Captain even stayed out an extra hour or two. Tons of jacks showed up, and some got lucky with the muttons on the slow jig. Tax man was there too - I probably pulled up four heads including what probably would have been a keeper king fish. I got to land my first AJ, which smoked up real nice. Collectively, we left a small fortune of painted metal on the ocean floor.

You hooked so many fish at first drop...
Congratulations on your first AJ. Literally, smoke out of your reel...You did excellent job... that was a true who-caught-who moment...lol

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

kblue wrote:
MrEnigma wrote:Trip was great. Conditions were good for jigging, and we got to hit a lot of spots. Captain even stayed out an extra hour or two. Tons of jacks showed up, and some got lucky with the muttons on the slow jig. Tax man was there too - I probably pulled up four heads including what probably would have been a keeper king fish. I got to land my first AJ, which smoked up real nice. Collectively, we left a small fortune of painted metal on the ocean floor.

You hooked so many fish at first drop...
Congratulations on your first AJ. Literally, smoke out of your reel...You did excellent job... that was a true who-caught-who moment...lol
Thanks! Yeah, that brute put up a nice fight! A couple people (including the captain!) knocking my stradic, but that thing's beastlier than it looks, smoking or not.

Jealous of you guys with the muttons though. I'm to get a keeper one of those. They had no interest in the speed jigs.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

The Stradic and Williamsons worked great for you. A good trip with lots of laughs and lots of heart breaking loses. Captain Wayne put us on some big fish.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

I had a good time. Busted off the two good bites I had, the rest were small jacks and triggers. Also cheated and caught two short mutton’s on pilchards.

Nice job on getting your jack! Fun fish to catch. Looking forward to getting out with everyone again, that snapper trip sounds like it could be real good.

Also crazy about the parking. I parked right by the boat and actually forgot to pay. I got lucky and didn’t get a ticket.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

I wanna go on one of these...but with my health now...I don't see being able to get any gear anytime soon. If I know far enough in advance I can get the money together for a trip, but would need to use some gear.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Glad to hear you guys had good weather.

I would be in on that snapper trip if you get one going.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

ffishermen1 wrote:Glad to hear you guys had good weather.

I would be in on that snapper trip if you get one going.
:stupid: :stupid:

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”