2017 Team Boatless Bridge Fishing Trip!!!

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
kblue
SHARKER

Re: 2017 Team Boatless Bridge Fishing Trip!!!

Post by kblue »

I sent my # for fishing spot... I hope you all understand that I can not just post the fishing spot info on public thread.

Please let me know if any member who want to come but don't get my PM . :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Why not? I still dont know where this thing is going to be. I want to make sure i know so i can go to the next bridge or the one before. Let us know.... (tommy

This is just another way of you getting people's numbers. Nice try eatpop

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Rare wrote:Why not? I still dont know where this thing is going to be. I want to make sure i know so i can go to the next bridge or the one before. Let us know.... (tommy

This is just another way of you getting people's numbers. Nice try eatpop
I fell for it :roll:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Blue........I forgot the secret location code. Is it two bridges north from the place you sent or one bridge south? I still can't believe Rare is giving up his honey hole for this weekend. Post pics in real time for every permit over 30 caught day or night.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

i got most of my gear ready.. i got back from islamorada last night at midnight... and i am heading back down tomorrow... gonan try and catch my bait tonight for the weekend. hopefully i can get some and ice em down til saturday and be ok.. i guess ill be fishign lauderdale tonight as well and sleep then head to keys in afternoon. ill prob fish thurs mornin since i only work til 2 am on wed night.. ill be ready to rock saturday after a nap after work...... ill be chillin in my grav chair im sure sat at some point...

Rare: the workhorse is ready for nonstop fishing haha

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

kblue wrote:I sent my # for fishing spot... I hope you all understand that I can not just post the fishing spot info on public thread.

Please let me know if any member who want to come but don't get my PM . :toast:

Guys

Just keep in mind... the spot I told you is tetantive... Recheck the spot with me...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Blue........I forgot the secret location code. Is it two bridges north from the place you sent or one bridge south? I still can't believe Rare is giving up his honey hole for this weekend. Post pics in real time for every permit over 30 caught day or night.
The spot is %^&**&A^S . I am sure you got it :? yes, we are going to very common spot... I hope the spot is available... If not, we go to Rare's honey hole. FYI, I had GPS tracking on Rare's phone... and I know every fishing spot he went past 2 years before he changed his phone last month...I got all the intels I need from him.... I also know some places he goes that I don't want to know...

We will post every 20LB grunt to make everyone who don't come regret... :toast:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Regretting already. Blue will there be a casting contest????
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Regretting already. Blue will there be a casting contest????
Well, well, well I will see how rare feels about it... Most time, we ended up with injuries, reel with nasty nest, peeled off thumb, etc. (And I am also known to be capable of breaking rod). Let's put this way... If someone challenge, I am ready...that is the spirit.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I know exactly what he thinks and I would like to know if he's right.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I know ritual a day before is bad luck... But my permit rods rigged up
Permit rods rigged up.JPG
I sense Rare Da Bridge Man will be so serious on this trip unlike last time...(For the record, he claimed he prayed to catch fish... but we skunked)
rare.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Fresh hoo in the cooler. (tommy ..

I think the rods are ready eatpop

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

rare just messaged you again bout game plan.... ill prob come out right after work friday night and sleep in the grav chair til sun up or what have you as long as i can... so i can spend the whole day.... just hope my shrimp and crabs will last in the bucket for that long heh....

i had no time to line up and redo my rods and reels unfortunately what igot is what i got but i should be fine.... :) ready to rock. just gotta grab a few supplies and stuff so i can eat for two days on bridge....

i plan on fishing all day sat and stayign the night... who is also staying sat night to sunday?

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Won't help grasshopper (tommy (tommy (tommy

image.jpg
[quote="kblue"...(For the record, he claimed he prayed to catch fish... but we skunked)[/quote]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

See you guys Sat AM sharp, I am bringing a 12 pack Heineken just for breakfast

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

"Hope" i can make this trip! :happyfisherman:

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Rare wrote:"Hope" i can make this trip! :happyfisherman:
Touch you ... I mean see you at 6:30 am sir.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

can someone pick me up a four pack of keystone ice pints preferably or if not natty light.... pints. i forgot to stop on my way to woodys and i dont get out til 4 am no alcohol at four..... ill have plenty of stripper singles to pay you back when i get to bridge or you do...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

IMG_0230.JPG
Live update
On the way to bridge, we realized no bridge net. And we said each other we will catch permit since we have no bridge net as thing ms happens at perfect time... and that happened....my KC blank rod ran crazy but permit had no chance with the power blank... I had a good control of it...Rare tried to pull the line by hand but the fish was too lively so let it ware out for a while... we bring the fish up a half foot by a half foot...the fish weigh easily over 20lb... it almost made it about 5 ft left and 100lb mono pop.... it turn out my bead cut the knot...

Anyway we are back to the game and my crab is wet and made a sabiki with 6/0 hooks with 60lb line do that we can snag the fish when we bringing it up by hand...
I just hope John makes here soon.,.

Budge fish is always fun

Kblue out 11:19pm feb 10

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

How cool :toast:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare scores big......

image.jpg

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Fishing was stupid slow but I had fun regardless. I'm glad I went , I even got to see rare pose for me. It was beautiful

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Late live update:

2nd permit same issues. No net and current was ripping. I tried to connected with ghetto rig snag but the permit has other plans as he went home.

3rd permit with net.
Kblue- hail mary pass. I told him i have caught plenty of permit as i was ready to leave and you will too. He was down on his luck but pushed forward. I will let him post pics of his fine catch and story. Congrats kblue :toast:

Side note: First permit was not 20lb he was pushing more than 25lb. I have seen plenty to get a feel for weight. This things was a big one. 2nd permit about 20plus. 3rd permit the one that was caught 25lb.

New rules are in so the mutton i caught had to go back in. Short blacks and red fire trucks. JD & Shannon were there getting the YJ. Overall, looked like a slow day. The night is not over as others are still hammering it out! Good luck!

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

fun trip. will be hard to forget meeting kblue for the first time and the first thing he said was, "you need to cast 3 pilings down, i need all these space to catch permit"..

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

k5523915 wrote:fun trip. will be hard to forget meeting kblue for the first time and the first thing he said was, "you need to cast 3 pilings down, i need all these space to catch permit"..

He is wise! If it was me i will just cut line (tommy

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

You know jd and shannon? Small world...lol

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Had a great time. Fishing sucked mostly but half the fun of fishing is hanging with everyone and shpoting the poop. Thats what it is all about. John n i stuck it out til 330 today. I got 3 little porgs. Haha get it.

I did get tp poop in a bucket for the first time last night. So i got that goin for me too.
Sunburnt hands and face bout to shower n head back to davie for TWD w my woman.

Oh yeah i also caught a thief. Dude by us was fillet and release a coyple short mutton so i called fwc made two new friends there and they kinda rook care of the dude..

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Wow typo city. On my phone so its even worse than normal

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

k5523915 wrote:fun trip. will be hard to forget meeting kblue for the first time and the first thing he said was, "you need to cast 3 pilings down, i need all these space to catch permit"..
Glad you had a fun... I hope you made your work on time from long key to stuart... And don't forget what I said... People are throwing the rods into water. I get yelled or yelled all the time in order to avoid the WORST... We don't fish on bridge like we do at haulover inlet catching pompanos...

Just remember it was me to makes you catch the nice hog :wink:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Late live update:

2nd permit same issues. No net and current was ripping. I tried to connected with ghetto rig snag but the permit has other plans as he went home.

3rd permit with net.
Kblue- hail mary pass. I told him i have caught plenty of permit as i was ready to leave and you will too. He was down on his luck but pushed forward. I will let him post pics of his fine catch and story. Congrats kblue :toast:

Side note: First permit was not 20lb he was pushing more than 25lb. I have seen plenty to get a feel for weight. This things was a big one. 2nd permit about 20plus. 3rd permit the one that was caught 25lb.

Thank You Rare... I guess I am now joining the club...

Here is the summary...
After seeing permit bites on Friday night, I thought there would be a good bites on day time... That was completely wrong (and rare tried so hard to tell me that)...
Not even single bite... running out of crabs... So we ended up stop permit fishing Saturday daytime and decided to save baits for night. Also, executive decision to move to a different location... We settled in new place and wait for sun goes down and moon comes up while permit rods are ready... I rechecked the line and remade knots and sharpened the hook... Sun went down and about 6 permit rods were set... But cloud blocked the moon... About 2 hours passes... Rare said he caught always big ones at last moment... And we have about 2 hours left as I had to leave...
Finally, clouds are gone... And bright moon light come up... I felt Permits are the move to hunt shrimps... I changed the bait... And wait and wait... As soon as we heard the sound... And I ran into my rod 50 yards away...And I saw someone tried to touch my rod...I shout so loudly "don't touch the rod! don't touch the rod!!!" That spur of moment, I could image if he locked the reel, the rod will be pulled into the water as his muscle is never ready to handle the power.
I got the rod and locked the reel...and cranked and cranked until I felt the massive pulling...at free spool, the fish pulled a lot of line... I tried to see the direction and realized the fish is getting to left pylon of traffic bridge and ran to the other side (at the same time, I could hear rare yelling )...was able to sop it... And then fish turned the direction and I couldn't figure out the situation quickly as I couldn't see the line (no head lamp on)... And then, saw the line goes side way almost in parallel to the rail...(perhaps, the worst case as fish could go into tunnel)... I heard Rare yelling "run the other way" as I was running the other side while cranking the reel as fast as I can... I retrieved the line as much as I can...head fight and head fight... and head's up by amazing power of Gator KC blank (blank rare gave me) and penn Senator (the reel I bought from Fishfool's winter clean up. his stuff is always good :wink: )...I built the rod by making extension from 7ft KC blank to 9ft... What if the extension part break? Many thoughts hit me during that spur of moment... finally fish under control while it never had chance to get tired... Rare told me "calm down"... I told myself " yeah, maybe I calm down with 100th permit..."

Putting the fish into bridge net under a good current is always another part... John said " we got it now"... But the fish came out of net... at least, two times...
It also hit me that I tangled the net with fishing line and hook last time for rare's permit, which Herbert pulled up by hand... Luckily, we got the fish in the net...
And it was over... the game is over... we won!!!...

Not really, when the net was all the way to rail, Rare stepped on the rope and slipped and fell down (he hurt his ankle) and the net was 90 deg flipped. I screamed but don't know what I said... I think i said " oh No~~~~ !!! " But luckily fish was still in there... felt a little bit bad that I didn't care of him...lol

And then, the idiot guy who tried to touch my rod tried to take a pic and Rare said " no picture please". as we want to make sure googans not showing up there...

And it ended... We were so happy that we finished the trip with one landed permit while going through too much dramas...
Our phones dead and couldn't take a lot pic...
finally landed permit.JPG

One thing though... somehow, all three permits hit KC blank rods... permits obviously liked the rod (or reel)... It earned to be called as lucky permit set up... lol

later, rare told me " check out the size of hole made by hook" ... My finger was able to go through and he said" that's why you need to be calm down"
And I said to John " rare was never calm down when he caught his 25 LB permit last trip... and we agreed he is a full of sh!t"... :pistols: :toast:

Now having said that, we have to plan out our next trip on April... I hope more people can make it... I would like to continue this thread...

We will continue to help Jerry to land his permit if he didn't by that time...I hope GK is ready to supply crabs for April trips...
Last edited by kblue on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”