Capt Changs Gulfstream party boat (JOKE)

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Redneckdelux
Fisher

Capt Changs Gulfstream party boat (JOKE)

Post by Redneckdelux »

Sucks went out sat 6/4/16 30 people on board Fluff as he is known by is a character to say the least talks a good game but as far as crew working for tips I don't think so one crew guy worked that's about it and if you want bait you have to go cut it the boat reeked of urine my wife almost threw up in the so called bathroom gross and here is the best part if you look it up online it says it's 65 dollars all day but when you show up its 70 plus 10 dollar rod rental they don't say that on the Web page so we paid 160 bucks went out caught nothing then the crew doesn't work the gear that they have is real junk you have to cut your own bait so in the end we got ripped off the capt don't care he suckered the whole boat got paid but can't spend it to make the dilapidated thing he calls a boat any nicer so I say DONOT WAIST YOUR MONEY

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Re: Capt Changs Gulfstream party boat (JOKE)

Post by SaltyDog »

Did anyone on the boat catch?

Corona N Lime
Fisher

Post by Corona N Lime »

I've gone plenty of times and have caught every single time. No drift boat is a luxury yacht lol

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

I agree to a certain point..ive never gone on that boat, BUT i dont mind cutting my own bait..actually, i prefer to do so myself..now, NO charter boat shout wreak of piss on an early morning trip! Should be clean and ready to go. Hell, i pee before i get on board and eliminate that process..no time to pee when im fishing! LOL

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Lmfao yup that's def the gulfstream heard there was 37 ppl on the boat
Must have been one hell of a party sure glad I didn't make it
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Anyone trolling on the boat? Looks as if the bite was good today doing this method

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

The Gulfstream sure is one of a kind haha. They catch fish though.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Gulfstream is a real fishing boat, no frills. If you have to rent rods, it probably isn't the right boat for you.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Im hearing the troll is very strong today- multi-fish caught today and many tangles on the troll. No end in sight- what a differences a day makes

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Gulfstream is a real fishing boat, no frills. If you have to rent rods, it probably isn't the right boat for you.
This is what i was getting at. Its funny how you can come here to bash should have came here and asked how good are rental rods lmao. Did your hands get all stinky and fishy?:compress: i barely comment anymore but wtf its fishing you guys shoulda did like a couples massage or something.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

burn.....
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

burn.....
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

:nilly: Right rigger on ...... left rigger on ... shotgun on ...... :auto: :auto: The whole spread is hit and drags are screaming now .....
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Jared. Give me a full report of today's fishing

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

The guy might be a troll but it's kinda sorta truth he speaks
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Trolling was a huge success from the reports i got. Started a little after 10 am this morning and ended a little after 6pm. I'm a bit surprised on the big fish who took the bait. If me, i would take a bat to a few of them big fish and knock some sense into them.

Redneckdelux
Fisher

Post by Redneckdelux »

I understand fishing is fishing I'm all about it but the boat in the atmosphere just sucked everybody was getting tangled up it was a nightmare all I did was write a review on that trip on that boat live and learn I'll never go on it again

seyephi
Fisher

Post by seyephi »

I was on the Gulfstream last Tuesday ago and we caught some of the biggest Muttons I've seen in a while. I caught three (18, 21 and 23 inches) I have to admit the boat is not the prettiest but Captain Chan does put you on the fish. I bring my own rods and rig them myself so I don't have any problems. Sorry your day didn't go as well but the sport is called fishing not catching>

Rick

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Redneck
Too bad on the day of fishing. Thanks for reporting the conditions. If the rods hanging from the ceiling in the cabin of the last Driftboat I was on was their rental rods they are in poor shape look like they've been sitting on bottom for weeks. The crew should've recognize their rental rods and help you and your wife out.
You can probably see while you were on there that most people bring their own gear in their own bait.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Got reports this morning and trolling method is still working. Which is strange cause the boat has not yet left.

Redneckdelux
Fisher

Post by Redneckdelux »

Some guys were trolling but only one guy caught a fish a small Spanish we had to use at least 20 Oz of weight to get to the bottom current was so bad but I had to tie my own rig the crew didn't do poop then wanted a tip lmao

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Shouldve done one of the few 4 hr trips they have down there..that wouldve been more to your liking..they set up in 20 ft of water and you can go HAM on the hundreds of grunts and small groupers you wouldve caught..ive never been on changs, but from what i hear, its no tourist trap..its a legit "fishermans" charter. Its not pretty, but it does the job for those who like to hardcore fish.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

If you are using their gear they don't want you to lose the 20oz. I would have to be on some serious fish to use that much weight. Guess that's why people were trolling. Some days are just a bust.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Sorry to read about your bad trip, but Chang's is a legit fishing boat. Yes the boat is not in the best of shapes but they do put you on the fish and it's up to the angler to improvise with what is at hand. Then again, like many have said it fishing is fishing not catching. Were they not yellow tailing? No sandball chums out? I imagine that with 37 people on that boat it must have been a nightmare. Every time I have been on it's only 10 to 15 max and Fluff makes the trip itself.] But yeah, it's not a boat for a lady to be on unless she is a hardcore fisherwoman.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Yall got me lol

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

i have caught several fish with chan but that boat is def. a trip (not considering the fishing)

sometimes when chans been catching fish he decides he wants to go to some spots that havent produced in 5 years to see how they are doing, and u spend all day going a couple miles with little fish.

yesterday no one on the boat understood how to sandball and yellowtail, they didnt let line out and kept rod tips up so tangled me every time. with then lines going up current on top of the water on all sides of me.

I had a gorialla of a jamacan dude tryin to fight me i got into a yelling match with cuz i set the hook thinking i had a hit that was really his line and i better not fish next to him. i told him hes a googan and i been trying to stay away but hes so fat i couldnt avoid him. chan came out yelling for us to shutup. in the future im just cutting lines left and right so ppl r busy taking an hour to retie that dont know what they r doing, im gona get kicked off that boat soon

anyway, there was one big mutton on the whole trip. theres nothing like puttering in for 2 hours after having a poop day of fishing.

all i can say is for us poor people fishing...the struggle is real

Redneckdelux
Fisher

Post by Redneckdelux »

Yeah buddy I hear you on that one

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

I heard about Sunday's trip maybe 15 ppl on the boat
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Hey jared sure did get a good laugh hearing about how badass you were on Sunday
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Ohh btw Sarasota idk why y'all are so damn clueless when it comes to fishing down here in the south
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”