Need a new tackle shop, Homestead area

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Leadslinger
Old Salt

Need a new tackle shop, Homestead area

Post by Leadslinger »

Since we moved over to Homestead from Everglades City I'm in need of a new shop. Preferably one that doesn't involve me driving to Harry's or Crooks. Stopped by the one there in Florida City a few trips ago but not all that impressed with the service. Any info on a good shop, or friend you want to send some business to?

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Need a new tackle shop, Homestead area

Post by swordfish »

Hands down... Bite me Bait Shack. Tell Raul Juan sent you! He is good ppl bud! Welcome to the neighborhood btw! Bite me is right off exit 9A off the turnpike heading south, on your right next to the Walgreens. Google it and youll find it, VERY reasonable prices and good people!

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Good deal, I'm off 6 so it's not far from the house. Thanks dude, be in town next weekend thru tuesday mid-day if you're free.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I am thinking Anglins, have not been up that way for a while. Hit me up for sure, its been a while Danny.

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Will do, probably going to be up towards Margate doing some work at the old lady's dads place so it won't be a far trip. I haven't killed fish on a pier in a while. That needs to change. I'll be in touch.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

swordfish wrote:Hands down... Bite me Bait Shack. Tell Raul Juan sent you! He is good ppl bud! Welcome to the neighborhood btw! Bite me is right off exit 9A off the turnpike heading south, on your right next to the Walgreens. Google it and youll find it, VERY reasonable prices and good people!
-Swordfish

Yep cool ass hell peps. Had live mullet for sale yesterday.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

swordfish wrote:I am thinking Anglins, have not been up that way for a while. Hit me up for sure, its been a while Danny.

-Swordfish
Hey Killer.....give me a shout when you are up this way. You can show me how it's done in my own back yard.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Will do KOTS. Mackerel were in biscayne bay today, not thick, but there. No reason why they should not be there up north!

-Swordfish

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

I work next three weekends Juan. But I might have the flu the day you're coming up. Can't miss the miracle of you coming up north

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

I haven't fished down there in about 6 months, but I always went to Don's. I know they moved to a new location about a year ago, are they still open? Ashley always took care of me and would reserve bait/crabs for me.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Ashley is cool too bud, I like him as well. Haven't been by in a while due to having found bite me as well as pricing /location relative to me.

-swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:I haven't fished down there in about 6 months, but I always went to Don's. I know they moved to a new location about a year ago, are they still open? Ashley always took care of me and would reserve bait/crabs for me.
Had that one recommended to me last night, however there was a lot of rum and fishing tales going around and I forgot the name of it this morning :drunk: Thanks for the reminder.

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ilovefishing »

Dons or Raul at bait me tackle shop. Those are my 2 go to bait shops in southern Miami.

Doubles
Weekend Warrior

Post by Doubles »

Dons all day

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”