Googan Report

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
bolo
USER BANNED

Googan Report

Post by bolo »

I know all of us have done or seen googans doing wierd things that gets a good chuckle. So please post your report.

Deerfield Pier 12/27/08
Fishing with the guys late in the morning and we see these group of guys walking to the tee. Notice something attached to their rods. Got a closer look and saw this....
Their outfits were matching and also still had the price tag attached to it. :scratch:
Last edited by bolo on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Gogan Report

Post by snakehead terror »

:lol: Im gonna takke some pics at deerfield tomorrow
BEAST
snapperkiller

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

lol I was waiting for this.. lol and its spelled googan you mo.

Not to mention they kept doing some dumbass cheer. Yes a cheer. Needless to say they didn't even catch a blulefish and I for one was happy as hell to see them leave. Notice the matching Boca Hoops get ups?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Morpheus
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Morpheus »

STICKY!!! STICKY!!! STICKY!!!

Your gonna have people fishin for pics of Googans!

Make sure you hold your googan up close to your body so we can tell how big it is. :biglaugh:
Never fry bacon naked!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Googan Report

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yeah this definitely needs to be a sticky.

These people were trolling Yo-Zuris at Ch 2 and kept running into my lines, despite my yelling, thrown mullet and middle fingers. Luckily their 12 lb mono was no match for my braid and I kept cutting them off, and snagged 3 or 4 Yo-Zuris in the process. It was great watching their confusion as they kept reeling in lines with no lures :lol:

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Yeah, that was hilarious. Bolo also asked them where they got that sweetass combo.
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

Bsmith48
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bsmith48 »

what are googans

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Yeah this definitely needs to be a sticky.

These people were trolling Yo-Zuris at Ch 2 and kept running into my lines, despite my yelling, thrown mullet and middle fingers. Luckily their 12 lb mono was no match for my braid and I kept cutting them off, and snagged 3 or 4 Yo-Zuris in the process. It was great watching their confusion as they kept reeling in lines with no lures :lol:

I don't know much about boats, but are there two many people on that rather little boat. :scratch:

james380

Post by james380 »

BSmith - Googans are those folks who obviously have no idea what they are doing when fishing.
- Charlton Heston

Bsmith48
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bsmith48 »

hahaha well with that combo with the tag still on it, i guess they qualify for googans hahah

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Too damn funny Bolo. Gonna get you some good ones!
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

quest450
Fisher

Post by quest450 »

ha ha, this is too funny, I fish Montauk NY and I taught the word "googan" was invented in Mtk

great site BTW :thumright: :thumright:

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

cybereagle wrote:
I don't know much about boats, but are there two many people on that rather little boat. :scratch:
Nope, there are eight many.
BEAST
snapperkiller

Morpheus
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Morpheus »

snapperkiller wrote:
cybereagle wrote:
Nope, there are eight many.
:uplol:
Never fry bacon naked!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

now i have something to do when the fish arent biting :D GONNA HAVE TO STUDY GOOGANS IN THEIR NATURAL HABITAT.

Filletnrelease
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Filletnrelease »

We got our share on the West coast also. Didn't know the term Googan, we call them Jabbaronies. While fishing the South Skyway Pier one morning all alone this fellow pulls up in a Caddie, parks right behind me and starts unloading his gear. He walks over an sets his two Wally-World specials down about 20 feet away. He rigs the first one with store bought leader with about a 3 oz. lead, puts a piece of squid on and flings it out. He loosens his drag then stands about 10 feet from it watching, like the fish won't know he's there. Some little nibblers start on the bait and he's setting the hook like he's got a GG on the other end. Needless to say he's in the rocks and stuck. Well he goes to jerking and pulling back on his Wally Special and crack the rod breaks. Rod number 2, same setup. this time he decides to try and reel in the reef and the handle breaks off. Pissed he throws his broken gear in his Caddy and leaves. This took about 30 minutes and I couldn't help myself but laugh when that handle went.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Filletnrelease wrote:We got our share on the West coast also. Didn't know the term Googan, we call them Jabbaronies. While fishing the South Skyway Pier one morning all alone this fellow pulls up in a Caddie, parks right behind me and starts unloading his gear. He walks over an sets his two Wally-World specials down about 20 feet away. He rigs the first one with store bought leader with about a 3 oz. lead, puts a piece of squid on and flings it out. He loosens his drag then stands about 10 feet from it watching, like the fish won't know he's there. Some little nibblers start on the bait and he's setting the hook like he's got a GG on the other end. Needless to say he's in the rocks and stuck. Well he goes to jerking and pulling back on his Wally Special and crack the rod breaks. Rod number 2, same setup. this time he decides to try and reel in the reef and the handle breaks off. Pissed he throws his broken gear in his Caddy and leaves. This took about 30 minutes and I couldn't help myself but laugh when that handle went.
Thank you for your report. That is very funny too bad you didn't get it on video.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Another one I just remembered, a couple years ago I was fishing a great little peacock bass spot in Kendall, it was in an apartment complex that was full of fish, I had just released a nice 5 lber when a guy came out of his yard all excited. Asked me why I just let that delicious fish go, and what I used to catch it. I quickly told him squid was the bait of choice :lol: Well, he runs inside and comes out 5 minutes later with a whole squid (don't ask me why he had one in his house, but he did) hooked to an old rusty 4/0 on a boat rod, chucks the squid in and waits. By this time I had gone to the other side of the lake so he couldn't see the XRap I was using, as I knew he had no intention of releasing any of these fish. 20 minutes later as I was leaving I gave him a big smile and said, "keep at it man, your sure to hook up any minute now."

The guy is probably still out there wondering why the peacocks don't like his squid.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Another one I just remembered, a couple years ago I was fishing a great little peacock bass spot in Kendall, it was in an apartment complex that was full of fish, I had just released a nice 5 lber when a guy came out of his yard all excited. Asked me why I just let that delicious fish go, and what I used to catch it. I quickly told him squid was the bait of choice :lol: Well, he runs inside and comes out 5 minutes later with a whole squid (don't ask me why he had one in his house, but he did) hooked to an old rusty 4/0 on a boat rod, chucks the squid in and waits. By this time I had gone to the other side of the lake so he couldn't see the XRap I was using, as I knew he had no intention of releasing any of these fish. 20 minutes later as I was leaving I gave him a big smile and said, "keep at it man, your sure to hook up any minute now."

The guy is probably still out there wondering why the peacocks don't like his squid.
He was probably italian since they love their fried squid. :wink:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

I am learning so much in this forum ,Gogan ha ha ha . In spanish we call them Sapos .
All this pictures make me real nervous . :shock:

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

damn i compleatly forgot about this thread. last sunday at deerfield there was a guy with a star rod trolling rodwitha torium 30 on upside down. he was casting 20 feet and trollying gruntr under the hut.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Rijkaard wrote:
bolo wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:Another one I just remembered, a couple years ago I was fishing a great little peacock bass spot in Kendall, it was in an apartment complex that was full of fish, I had just released a nice 5 lber when a guy came out of his yard all excited. Asked me why I just let that delicious fish go, and what I used to catch it. I quickly told him squid was the bait of choice :lol: Well, he runs inside and comes out 5 minutes later with a whole squid (don't ask me why he had one in his house, but he did) hooked to an old rusty 4/0 on a boat rod, chucks the squid in and waits. By this time I had gone to the other side of the lake so he couldn't see the XRap I was using, as I knew he had no intention of releasing any of these fish. 20 minutes later as I was leaving I gave him a big smile and said, "keep at it man, your sure to hook up any minute now."

He was probably italian since they love their fried squid. :wink:
:evil:

I see often people fishing spinning reels upwards (like a conventional), that's really funny. Next time I'll take some pics :lol:
Thats a pretty common one. I think we should make this a tournament. You get certain points for different types of googan sightings. For instance, an upside down spinning reel would be one point. Someone who launches their boat and manages to sink their truck with it would be worth significantly more. The secret item could be something like a red and white bobber. :lol:

FriskyMullet
KING MACKEREL

Post by FriskyMullet »

There is a picture at jacks of a guy that was fishing high low in his white van and had one to many beers while fishing and almost drove his van into the canal. The pic is priceless. The van is like at a 60 degree angle and a foot or two from the water. Back tires completely in the air.

james380

Post by james380 »

lol a tournament I could actually win. :biglaugh:
- Charlton Heston

FriskyMullet
KING MACKEREL

Post by FriskyMullet »

I propose one rule, googans like james, taking pictures of themselves don't count. James you must photograph other googans.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

james380 wrote:lol a tournament I could actually win. :biglaugh:
I don't know man, I live 5 minutes away from Rickenbacker, which has the highest googan density in South Florida.

james380

Post by james380 »

lol this is true PH.

I got your googan right here FM.
- Charlton Heston

FriskyMullet
KING MACKEREL