Googan Report

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Googan Report

Post by swordfish »

I wanna see a big big tarpon crush one of these googs bait while they are holding the reel like that... It would be priceless, I doubt the setup would survive even a 50LBS fish... Was not designed to take that kind of pressure backwards!

-swordfish

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Even if he gets just a snook it would brake his rod in half. He is resting it on th concrete. Ouch!

#1 Googan out!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

So i was pompano fishing and this group comes out and starts setting up a few feet away.They break out some clams for bait and start rigging their poles with 3 hook rigs and all looks normal. Then when I noticed them getting ready to cast out . As I look over I see they had broken open the clams took the top off and then hooked the clams up with THE TOPS STILL ATTACHED. To add to that the guy didn't notice the line wrapped at the tip of the rod. Like 30 feet feeds out before the line tightens then all comes crashing down like a cement block.
They continued to fish with half the shell attached all morning.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

cudaman wrote:We saw this person fishing with the good 'ol backward spinner fishing technique.
god thats the big one you always see at sports authority
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I wouldn't forget a few cases in my life and would like to share one.

While fishing on a party boat to catch striped bass around Jamaica Bay, NY, nobody caught any fish so that everyone frustrated and it all became Captain's fault. Then one guy (I always say he must be one of those working at World Street) had fish on. A real good one. He tried to reel in but the fish continuously pulled the line out. And everyone including the captain from above deck was looking at him. Somehow it seemed he thought something wrong with the reel because the line continuously went out. He started to touch the drag. Captain said firmly "do not touch the drag". So he backed off. But a little later, he touched it again and the captain said again "do not touch the drag". It was on and on about 3 - 4 times. And then he touched the drag again as if he trying to figure out what was wrong with the reel. And then the Italian captain's temper was just exploded and yelled " If you touched the drag one more time, I am gonna gaff you" Everyone laughed so hard and I think the guy might be freaked out and he never touched it again... It was over 40 LB stripper and the strong current made it even worse.

Well, I can't blame the guy because he just didn't know what he didn't know.
But the captain was frustrated because this guy didn't listen when he got the fish of his life time.

-Kblue

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

look its close to be fish related the guy was wearing a life jacket Image
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Ha Ha Ha
He may be going snorkeling.

I have one as well. Everyone in Pompano pier noticed him when he tried to cast with spinning reel up.
Look at where the yellow arrow points. Not the bikini but the upward spinning reel. My friend in red trying to correct him.
googan.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

gruntking wrote:look its close to be fish related the guy was wearing a life jacket
Don't forget the baseball helmet

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Even better would someone tell him you can remove the colored pier bracelets after you leave the pier. They don't work the next time even if you have all the colors.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

nevermind all that what the hell does he need all those keys for? look at his key chain on his belt then the ignition of that hog :jester:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

obviously this guy is ready for anything, including a flood with the rubber boots

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

This guy was using a yoyo off the end of Dania Pier. I asked him well he could swim and if he was aware that nobody would be coming in after him if he fell off.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Lol with those nike slides on he has a good chance of going splash. Man i dont think i ever seen the t that empty things really must have changed out there.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

It's a new world at Dania now Dog. The pier is open to everyone from end to end and it's really nice. One day you will bring your daughter to fish this pier.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote:It's a new world at Dania now Dog. The pier is open to everyone from end to end and it's really nice. One day you will bring your daughter to fish this pier.

It's a rite of passage!!

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Boy did you just make me just smile.

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

After discovering this wasn't a fishing report thread for some place called Googan down south, I read through every post. Hilarious! Having only been fishing for a year now, I can say with certainty that I've done a good number of these Googan-activies myself. I'll have to keep the camera at the ready from now on though. I don't think we get as many out here by Tampa, but we certainly have our fair share...
Do the truffle shuffle!

waynepwilson
Fisher

Post by waynepwilson »

HumanClaymore wrote:After discovering this wasn't a fishing report thread for some place called Googan down south, I read through every post. Hilarious! Having only been fishing for a year now, I can say with certainty that I've done a good number of these Googan-activies myself. I'll have to keep the camera at the ready from now on though. I don't think we get as many out here by Tampa, but we certainly have our fair share...

I've fished Hillsborough, Manatee, and Sarasota for 30 years before moving to SEFL, (I'm from Palmetto) if you fish any of the public fishing spots, (ie. seawalls, piers, bridges, and jetti's) they are there bro! Unless in the last 5 years they have tightened up! Just look for them! eatpop
I have not seen any at the Sky Way pier though...

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Kingofthesea wrote:It's a new world at Dania now Dog. The pier is open to everyone from end to end and it's really nice. One day you will bring your daughter to fish this pier.
God willing buddy...Nilson great pic bra :toast:

chrisc
Fisher

Post by chrisc »

Folks,

I realize this is my first post, and probably not entitled to an opinion. That said, I read this forum religiously and do appreciate all of the tips and tricks espoused by the regulars here. I am from Philly, and fished the Jersey Shore for over 40 years. Did a little sport fishing down here..Dolphin, Sailfish, Tuna.....

But I do have a problem with this particular thread and cannot bite my tongue any longer. My father grew up in the inner city but understood my love of fishing when I was about 10 years old. He was a Googan (per your definition) but took me out, just the same and tried hard. Yes, we made mistakes. Yes, we probably annoyed others. Yes, we got excited at the smallest fish not even knowing the species. All I can say is thank God there was nobody taking pictures, pointing, and snickering behind our backs (that I know of) that would have made him feel belittled.

Please remember the next time you see Googan activity that it just may be a person like my Dad sacrificing for the benefit of his kids, and try to be understanding.
I was a Googan, but 45 years later I am experienced and I will never deride the newbies.

Thanks for listening. Hope this does not get me banned,

Chris

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Yup....you just got yourself banned which could be a new record for any member. Only way you can get un-banned now is to show up at the BBQ tomorrow. That's like in 26 hours so I suggest getting your behind in gear. Definitely worth it. Send me a text and I'll find someone to get you from the airport.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Only way you can get un-banned now is to show up at the BBQ tomorrow.
:jester: :jester: :jester:

Chrisc

I think this thread is good and bad... But the criticism like yours makes it good.
We all know, not just your dad, most of us used to be a googan one time.
We are laughing about ourselves in past.

And some folks laughing us who laughing googan.... Like someone (coolest guy in the earth) going Kayak fishing with yoyo or spider rod and catching Sail Fish and Tarpoon with it :jester: :jester: :jester: He loved to show googan way works. Well, sorry I picked on you Poseidon.

On the other side of token, people here are very nice. And most of them have been fishing in their lives like you. And they want newbie to learn right stuff by reporting googan....

Bla Bla Bla ...

Bottomline is Show up BBQ. Otherwise, you are banned.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

kblue wrote:Bottomline is Show up BBQ. Otherwise, you are banned.
I'm laughing again. Really hope you get there tomorrow so the ban can be lifted because it would be great having you around speaking your mind and contributing to the party. Some of my best friends are googans ROFLMAO

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:
kblue wrote:Bottomline is Show up BBQ. Otherwise, you are banned.
I'm laughing again. Really hope you get there tomorrow so the ban can be lifted because it would be great having you around speaking your mind and contributing to the party. Some of my best friends are googans ROFLMAO
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol:

Hunter1
Fisher

Post by Hunter1 »

Years ago me and a buddy were striper fishing on the upper chessie bay were i live. storm starts coming in so we head to rouge's harbor were the ramp is to sit it out. We tie up at the pier to go out again. People are waiting to get to the ramp to come out. Here comes two guy's in a 14 aluminum boat , they jump ahead of every one, No fight. They back the trailer down the ramp but stop short of the water, get out hook the winch to the boat and start cranking, I swear the boat had a bend in the hull when it was going over the back of the trailer. Then they started lifting the boat to help it on the trailer. You should have seen them go back to N, J, , the boat was so crooked on the trailer, u had to be there. Googan's. :scratch:

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”