HOW TO FISH JIGS.

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
arthayi
Fisher

HOW TO FISH JIGS.

Post by arthayi »

My question is how exactly would you go about by fishing bucktail jigs, i go saltwater fishing and ive seen people catch snook and other fish on jigs and ive tryed them but ive never caught a fish on them, any help please :driving:

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: HOW TO FISH JIGS.

Post by Chevy Juan »

In this sections there's actually a how to jig thread and lure as well, they are both stickies and easy to find, check em' out and good luck.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

I fish jigs a lot from the piers... one tip I can give is throw into the wind...if you don't then the lure will often plane up because the wind is pulling the line and you will catch little because you can not get the correct jigging action...

yesterday the wind was SE so I would throw at an angle to the pier NOT straight out.... now the problem comes when others are fishing bait and heavy lures and are throwing 90 degrees to the pier..which presents a problem when you want to throw at 45 degrees... LOL they probably think that Goober can't throw straight... little do they know...

Now when every one is in sync and all toss at the same angle it is a thing of beauty

example when there are pomp's and everyone is tossing pomp jigs or Goofy jigs...if everyone tosses at the same angle into the wind they will have better success..but if someone insists on trying straight out then it just becomes a problem.... bottom line normally I am of the throw straight dummy mind set but there are always exceptions to every "rule" so don't rule out something different.

Adapt to the situation and catch more fish
Rick

eagle
Weekend Warrior

Post by eagle »

That's kind of like a line of drift and bobber/jig fishermen in the Northwest for salmon and steelhead. The lowest guy in line casts 1st and then up the line so everyone is in sync and few tangle ups.

Return to “How To's Articles”