fixing a dingy help

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: fixing a dingy help

Post by permitchaser »

offtrackk wrote:HOMEDEPOT AND WESTMARIN IT IS ON WENSDAY! I MAY B ABLE TO SAVE THATtransom

try to take it out to see how it looks ,and then go from there ,remember you do not want problems out there .

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

I FELT around it and only problem is that corner, everything else seems to be ok!
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

offtrackk wrote:I FELT around it and only problem is that corner, everything else seems to be ok!

you get that corner reinforced with the cloth and resine .you dont need that much .i could give you the cloth i dont have the resine ,or you could get every thing at those places its a long drive for you to come by my house .

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

ill see when nelson wants to make a trip! or the day he pics up his rod! i work in miami gardens! so driving for me isnt a biggie! ill take the boat by lol so the damages can be assests lol
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

ok when you come with Nelson i 'll give u the cloth .

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

:toast:
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Off; Transom is fine just seal the bad spot with rot restorer. It's a Cyanoacrylate (Super glue) type product. It's super thin so it seeps into or is absorbed by wood. It kills the rot by suffocating it and turns the soft wood hard as a rock. You can get it at any boat supply store. Directions are on the bottle and it's real easy to use. I need to see how the wood bottom attaches to the air cell. (Big round tube) That will deturmine how to fix it. This whole thing is glued together. So you want to check with the manufacturer what they use, how to clean it off the pieces parts to be relaminated. And if it's heat or preasure or even both activated. The wood looks like Teak. If it is Teak then it should be ok. Again a question for the manufacturer. Bottom should be a heavy membrain over the wood. It looks in the pic's like the Starboard side forward is seperated. (Light coming through between the big round tube and the wood bottom) If thats the case it need's to be reglued or relaminated. First you need to check with the Manufacturer if that can even be done. Which is why I said to check with them before you do anything. Otherwise you may end up buying a bunch of stuff for a boat that can't be fixed. I know Zodiak uses a heat and pressure activated glue. That means you need a heated press to use it. They sell an after market patch product but it's nowhere near the strength of the origional adhesive. It's a West Marine made by Zodiak http://www.zodiacmarineusa.com/
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

crash: u have put me on trak brother thanx!
ill take some more pics off floor and bottom of tube

strizile: im lookin for that second person :D
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

LOL CRANDON PARK IT IS!

ON SIDE NOTE..... THIS BOAT MAY not be the ideal thing to fix.....as in dependability, im a lil bit psycho i may want to drive ti to the regata lol.....i may just save the money, wait till income tax and get myself a REAL boat......
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

rare wrote:
strizile wrote:I go with ya but not more than knee deep water :mrgreen:

:biglaugh:

TO THE KIDDIE POOL FOR YOU TO~
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

Return to “How To's Articles”